PROOF of anti-patriots media bias

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: PROOF of anti-patriots media bias

I don't think the media is so anti-Belichick.  Christ!  ESPN did a whole two-part special on him this year to kick off their "A Football Life" series.  It was a paean to the god . . . yeah, the press in Cleveland didn't like him, but that was when he was still a loser.  Now he's widely acknowledged to be the best coach in football--and people treat his grumpiness with a certain respect, even affection.  BB gets great press, if you ask me. Darn, some posters on this site are harder on Bill than most TV commentators are . . .

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

In Response to Re: PROOF of anti-patriots media bias:
    [QUOTE]I don't think the media is so anti-Belichick.  Christ!  ESPN did a whole two-part special on him this year to kick off their "A Football Life" series.  It was a paean to the god . . . yeah, the press in Cleveland didn't like him, but that was when he was still a loser.  Now he's widely acknowledged to be the best coach in football--and people treat his grumpiness with a certain respect, even affection.  BB gets great press, if you ask me. Darn, some posters on this site are harder on Bill than most TV commentators are . . .
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]
    I agree. Belichick and Brady both get their due from everyone across the board. I guess what I am upset about is that the Packers aren't reamed when they give up 350+ passing yards in a game like the Pats do week in and week out.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I have never understood why Patriots fans care so much what the national perception of the team is. If you like the team root for them and believe in them, if you do not like the media commentary don't watch/listen to talk shows and opinion stuff, just watch the games and the highlights.

Where does this need to be acknowledged come from?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Do you really think Halas, Lombardi or Paul Brown would pretend their job is to do the media's job and play nice for them? If any one of these coaches were coaching today, they'd have to be strung up by the media as much as BB is.  At the end of it, the only that matters is what the owner, GM, players and eventually the fans think. Image is CRAP. Quality, results and being a good employee/person is all that matters. Keep in mind, the over-exposure of daily press conferences, media coverage, etc, only shapes the image of any coach in any sport.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

I didn't say BB should do more to endear himself to the media. And I wouldn't say any of those guys would be doing that today. I'm just saying if you treat the media with scorn, expect to see it come back at you.

To me giving them a friendly facade is no big deal if it enhances your brand. They are a big part of the whole as far as publicising the game goes. BB apparently thinks differently regarding the worth of cultivating them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Brady gets more respect than BB which is proven on this very board.

They both get the respect due them regarding their roles. BB is greatly respected as a coach (despite incessant lament about how he actually coaches) and Brady gets great respect as a QB. The only area BB has had direct criticism is as a GM, and rightly so.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]Brady gets more respect than BB which is proven on this very board.

Maybe in some people's opinions Brady is a better QB than BB is a coach. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]WHat? A Football Life was on NFLN, a network Kraft had a hand in help create as media head of the NFL. Wrong. Try again to spin it. ESPN has cooled off a tad in he last couple of seasons, but the subtle jabs still remain as the GB defense's flaws like ours, attest to with no criticism from the same, said ESPN talking heads. Proof's in the pudding.

You're right, Rusty, it was NFL network  . . . but I'm still not seeing any anti-BB, anti-Pats conspiracy out there.  Maybe people in Boston get too used to hearing their teams talked about on WEEI and forget that what they hear on the Big Show isn't the norm for "unbiased" reporting . . .

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

Are you kidding me? Fox news/Republicans cause problem for Pats image? Are you kidding me! What a dunce!

[QUOTE] People like the Packers because of their long history and because they market themselves as a working class team.......... The Patriots are fro New England with a GQ QB.  We are hated in a large part of the country because of the anti northner retoric of Fox news and the Republican party.
    Posted by Mungomunro[/QUOTE]

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE] People like the Packers because of their long history and because they market themselves as a working class team.......... The Patriots are fro New England with a GQ QB.  We are hated in a large part of the country because of the anti northner retoric of Fox news and the Republican party.
    Posted by Mungomunro[/QUOTE]

So this is about the Rep and Fox News. Go back to your tent you dumas

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to PROOF of anti-patriots media bias : Wake up.  The packers haven't lost.  The pats have lost 3.  The packers have won AT chicago, atlanta, detroit and new york, and beat NO at home.  The pats good wins are twice vs. the jets which most here don't think are good and Dallas.   I don't care if Belichick played Pee Wee Herman last week.  Dan Orlovsky, Dan Orlovsky, a career 56% passer completed 81% of his passes for 350 vs. the pats.  There's no bias.  The tweeter is actually a local boston guy who is a biased pats fan.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

PeeWee could not play last week, he hurt his neck.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PROOF of anti-patriots media bias : Einstein was a moron?  The tweeter who is a boston local and a pats fan said the same thing about the pats and the packers.  where's the bias.  The colts have had abyssmal defenses for years and Manning kept them competitive.  That's what Brady is doing now.   And yes I think the packers D is better than the pats.  The packers have played better offenses than the pats.  The patriots lost to the teams they played that had good offenses.  NYG, Buff (early in the season).  They beat Dallas.  The packers have beaten all of the teams they have played including those with good offenses.  NO, NYG, Detroit, Atl.  And I'll say it again, I don't care who Belichick played, his D gave up 350 and 81% to Orlovsky who also happened to short arm a sure TD pass early in the game last week.  Bias is not seeing this reality.  Brady deserves alot of accolades for carrying his team this years.  He's been very Manning-like. And the poin
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Please do not say TB is Manning like, that is a low blow

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

I want to say I'm sorry. I never intended for this thread to turn into Rusty talking sh!t to everyone posting. My bad.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PROOF of anti-patriots media bias : That would be a pretty dumb opinion considering BB owns 5 SB rings, has been in the NFL since 1975, and is arguably going down as the best coach of all time. It's pretty hard to better yourself as a coach when you look at BB's resume. You're sort of proving my point for me. Brady is more of the likeable character.

Man you go on.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]I want to say I'm sorry. I never intended for this thread to turn into Rusty talking sh!t to everyone posting. My bad.
    Posted by oh-my-beard[/QUOTE]

That is just a rusty thing, he opens his mouth and sh!t pours out. Must be hell being his boy friend

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]I don't follow.  98.5/NY Times owned Globe/ESPN etc use a formula and this has been an approach, really since the end of SB 42, more notably when Brady returned in 2009. They couldn't attack in 2008 with Cassel, which is why his coach of the year was funny to me. WEEI is very unbiased actually.  They aren't dumb and are actually losing in the ratings due to teh fact 98.5 has chosen to play intit he fears and paranoia of the MISERABLe Boston fan, many of whom we see post here. on the flip side, WEEI actually has smart people on there like Ordway, Holley or Steve Deossie, etc. They're Pats coverage is objective and fair, while 98.5's minus Zolak's takes, are not. 98.5 has analysts like Felger, Mazz, Chris Gasper, etc. The only one with a brain is Scott Zolak, and maybe Beadle who are the fish out of water there. There is a way to make money off of bashing someone like BB because it's been proven to be successful, so they find ways to spin their commentary, so it sounds intelligent and legit, even if it isn't. It's about money. Every time.
    I think you really need to look at it like...what type of fan am I? Do I think that everything the Patriots do is spot on or do I think it's ok to questions some decisions? If the answer is the later, you probably will like 98.5 better - they seem to be willing to go against the grain with the Patriot's "value" approach to things nowadays. No matter what type of fan you are, you can't honestly think Ordway is a intelligent football fan.