Proof of media bias against Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Re: Proof of media bias against Pats

This has to be a joke right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

In Response to Re: Proof of media bias against Pats:
    [QUOTE]This has to be a joke right?
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

Yes, I was trying to channel Rosie Colvin and just get everybody to "Calm Down!"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 19andNo. Show 19andNo's posts

In Response to Proof of media bias against Pats:
    [QUOTE]As many on this board have asserted, the media is clearly biased against the Pats, which is reflected in negative coverage, critical comments and undesirable prime time appearances. Well, with week two power rankings out, we can see that all those weasels running the internet do indeed hate the Pats. We all know the Pats are going 19-0, especially after last night's gem, yet ESPN, Fox & USA Today have them ranked at #2!!! Who's with me on the boycott? Perhaps the most egregious is National Football Post slotting NE @ #3. I seriously doubt Lombardi will be invited to the Belichick golf outing on the Vineyard again next summer. For my next investigation I will proove the commish has it out for our team...
    Posted by seattlemaslow[/QUOTE]

Marshmellow are you serious?  This team shouldn't be ranked in the top 5.  You are basically 0-1 without a stupid mistake by a stupid Bills player.  Did you watch the defense get sliced and diced by the Bills or the anemic offense for 55 minutes.  Take off your homer glasses and realize this team isn't going to be 19-0, they may not even win the AFC Least division and could easily not make the playoffs.     

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]We will never pass the Steelers in the power rankings until we beat em in the AFCC (hopefully). Pittyburgh is America's new team .Learn to live with being the second best team in football, boys. 

RESPONSE: Based on what I've seen so far, the Steelers are the best team in the AFC.

This quote was made famous by Rick Flair, "To be the best, ya got to beat the best, Wooooooo!".

RESPONSE: The Nature Boy's famous line is, "To be the man, you've gotta beat the man....Woooooo!! You are right. The Pats will have to beat the Steelers to regain the AFC belt.    

As of now, Steel city is the best.  Plus, I can never understand how the media can hate the Patriots but love the Redsox. I guess they hate winners. 

RESPONSE: No, they don't hate winners. They loved the Colts, coached by St. Dungy "The Pius" first, and the Steelers second, now coached by Mike Tomlin.
         Meanwhile the Pats, in their eyes, are the Enron Corp., with BB as the CEO. They are seen as the cold-blooded, profits first establishment. They have no heart...no diversity either. BB is simply not politically correct enough for them...LOL!! 

Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

In reality, the Pats are the WalMart of the NFL. It drives them crazy that they have remained as successful as they have for so long...despite the concerted efforts of the NY media to defame, and destroy them. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsman1. Show Sportsman1's posts

[QUOTE]A lot of rubbish written on here, starting with seattlemaslow at the top. #2/#3 ranking of the Pats accurately reflects our start, and our potential. We were underwhelming against the Bills, but delivered when it counted at the death. This is the material of potential champions, and a team ranked 2 or 3 are definite SB material. We can (and hopefully will) still go all the way. There can be no argument with the Steelers at the top of any power rankings - they are the defending champs and have just closed out a very tough game against a physical Titans side. As for criticising the Giants, please. They have one of the deepest rosters in the NFL. They will be there or thereabouts most seasons as they are run as smartly and efficiently as we are (generally speaking). This is why other teams' fans often have a poor perception of us Pats fans - so one-eyed when it comes to predictions.
    Posted by nmb106[/QUOTE]

This is clearly the stupidest post I think I may have seen in my entire life.  Fumbling around, having your QB pressured, letting the other team move at will most of the night, on your HOME FIELD is the stuff superbowl material??

Wow, there is truly nothing short of the season ending with another team holding up a SB trophy that will get a Pats fan to actually live in reality.  Dude, your team scratched out a 1 point win against a team that hasn't been to the playoffs in what, 5 years, or more???

Did it ever occur to you that the Bills gave the game away, rather than the Pats taking it or pulling out some miracle victory??  I've watched the Bills hand wins to BAD TEAMS over the past couple years in the exact same fashion.  Get real.

Your team has zero run game, a defense that will finish in the bottom half of the league, a QB who, I'm sorry, is not the same guy, especially with a heavy rush that a DECENT D will put on him, and it's over.  Live in reality.  It's over. 

10-6 at best.  No Superbowl.  No undefeated season.  No anything but getting completely hammered by a legit complete team that plays consistently well in all 3 phases of the game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Those power pools mean absolutley nothing! Last year there seemed to be a new number 1 team every other week. What really counts is to make the playoffs, and hopefully finish the season strong and  be 'peaking' as  your team starts the chase for the Super Bowl. And also, Injuries can also be a critical aspect. A lot of thrilling games in the opening week. And I agree with a few of the others, what the media says, has nothing to do with how well your team is going to do. Although, I think the media was totally ridiculous and went way overboard with their coverage of the so-called 'Spy-Gate Incident'. It just gives the 'haters' an excuse to try and downplay just how good the Patriots have been in this decade. Even though it ruined my weekends when the Pats beat the Steelers twice in the playoffs this decade, as a die-hard football fan I think this  so called 'incident' had nothing to with the results. The Patriots were just the better team!  With three Super Bowl titles and maybe a fourth, (and these two big playoff wins against the Steelers), the Patriots have definitley been the best team in the past decade.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE
    Short of a few morons in both team's fan base,It would seem that NE and Pittsburgh,although fierce rivals,have a mutual and sincere respect for eachother's organisation and accomplishments.Then again ,why wouldn't the two best teams in the NFL not respect eachother.They are both proven champions.I look forward to many more years of NE and Pitt competing for the AFC championship.Good post Steel.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I agree that their is anegative bias over the past few years. But there was also a positive bias in preceding years.  A wash.

The real bias problem is with the commish.  How on earth can he let Vick play with just a short suspension?  The guy tortured dogs to death.  Serial killer behavior.  How about missing nine games?  A season?

Then there is the way he handled the various cheating things the Colts did the past few years - the crowd noise, the thermostat games, the fixing of the Titans final game in 2007 to usher them into the play-offs.  No fines, no harsh statements, no missing picks.  The Jets get accused of contract tampering every season, but they are rarely penalized. 

But with other players/teams, the commish comes down like a Wiley Coyote anvil.

As for the rankings.  Steelers #1, for sure.  Until they lose, they have earned it.  I put the Pats in top 4, after the Steelers, Eagles, Giants.  The D is simply not there yet.

Go Pats!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Proof of media bias against Pats:
    [QUOTE]As many on this board have asserted, the media is clearly biased against the Pats, which is reflected in negative coverage, critical comments and undesirable prime time appearances. Well, with week two power rankings out, we can see that all those weasels running the internet do indeed hate the Pats. We all know the Pats are going 19-0, especially after last night's gem, yet ESPN, Fox & USA Today have them ranked at #2!!! Who's with me on the boycott? Perhaps the most egregious is National Football Post slotting NE @ #3. I seriously doubt Lombardi will be invited to the Belichick golf outing on the Vineyard again next summer. For my next investigation I will proove the commish has it out for our team...
    Posted by seattlemaslow[/QUOTE]

19-0 sounds kind of lofty; maybe they'll go 18-1 like 2 yrs ago!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]I agree that their is anegative bias over the past few years. But there was also a positive bias in preceding years.  A wash. The real bias problem is with the commish.  How on earth can he let Vick play with just a short suspension?  The guy tortured dogs to death.  Serial killer behavior.  How about missing nine games?  A season? Then there is the way he handled the various cheating things the Colts did the past few years - the crowd noise, the thermostat games, the fixing of the Titans final game in 2007 to usher them into the play-offs.  No fines, no harsh statements, no missing picks.  The Jets get accused of contract tampering every season, but they are rarely penalized.  But with other players/teams, the commish comes down like a Wiley Coyote anvil. As for the rankings.  Steelers #1, for sure.  Until they lose, they have earned it.  I put the Pats in top 4, after the Steelers, Eagles, Giants.  The D is simply not there yet. Go Pats!
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]
    Altough I'm a "troll", I agree about the climate control scandal in the Indy Championship game a few yrs ago.

Sections
Shortcuts