Proof That Goodell Orders Calls

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Re: Proof That Goodell Orders Calls

I dont find that to be ordering calls by goodell. The refs where just doing what they were Instructed to do on how to call games, but thats no excuse for an obvious PI by tate and the obvious fact that the packers player controled the ball, not tate.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Why on earth would Goodell order a call that screws over one of the league's most popular teams who have one of the few elite QBs in the league so that the Seahawks would win? The freakin Seahawks? Enough of the conspiracy theories!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://tracking.si.com/2012/10/04/replacement-refs-interview-golden-tate-hail-mary-nfl/?sct=nfl_t2_a10

[/QUOTE]

I would expect this thread more from CC

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Proof that one of our posters is suffering from paranoia and persecutory delusions.  

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

NBA refs don't announce to the public that they were told, during a game, to not blow a whistle.  That's why I have a hard time buying this guy's story.  One of these guys is the same ref that was seen drinking in a bar in GB with Packers fans after the game.  Even if Rodger did actually do this, I'm sure he wasn't envisioning the scenario that popped up in GB.  No one was.

Don't get me wrong...I honestly think Gooddell is perfectly capable of something like this.  I just have doubts about the refs' side of that story.  Seems too much like they're tyring to save face.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not talking about conspiracy NBA stuff here. I am talking about actual proof from a non-union replacement ref and his experience with officiating in the NFL and how the NFL tells the refs how to enforce the rules.

Sorry, but as an NFL fan I have an issue with that and it was what I've suspected since Goodell took over.

Plain and simple, he wants offense because that's his ace in the hole to sell this game in Europe and elsewhere.

He'd be wrong and the NFL fans have to suffer for this crap.

[/QUOTE]

I wish I could remember where I heard it, but it was commentary right after the missed PI call in the Packers game. The analyst stated that the refs never call PI on a Hail Mary and that it was part of the game. It was likely on NFL Network as I rarely watch ESPN.

Also, I was at the Pats/Ravens game in 2007 when a series of penalties/mental errors by the Ravens allowed the Pats to go ahead in the final minutes. The Ravens ran a Hail Mary on the last play that I believe was ruled a catch, but the player was down at the three. There was at least 3 very obvious PIs on that play and not a single flag. 

I wish I could add more aside from a half-memory and an anecdote, but I am of the camp that the refs are told to swallow their whistles on Hail Marys.

13. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts