Proof the Steelers and others are going to be terrible this year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Proof the Steelers and others are going to be terrible this year

With all the negativity on the Patriots being 1-1 and barely winning week 1, it seems the Steelers are in the same situation. The Steelers barely won in week 1, and lost to the mediocre bears in week 2! They are done! It's over! Just like the Patriots.

They have their star defensive player injured with the same injury as our defensive player.

It's the same exact situation. Two 1-1 teams. They didn't play well their first two games either, therefore, their season is over as well. Just like everyone is saying about the Patriots.

This reasoning could predict everything! I'm going to vegas and predicting that the Chargers, the Cowboys, the Eagles, the Packers, the Bears, and the Cardinals have no chance of winning this season or even getting into the playoffs. They are done for.

Also, this means that the Broncos and the 49ers are almost locks to make the superbowl, since they are 2-0.

I give myself a lot of credit for coming up with this reasoning, and I should apply for an expert sports writer job over at ESPN. It's genious! Any team that starts off 1-1 has no chance of improving on their mistakes and playing better! The first two games of the season are all that matter!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Re: Proof the Steelers and others are going to be terrible this year

In Response to Proof the Steelers and others are going to be terrible this year:
    With all the negativity on the Patriots being 1-1 and barely winning week 1, it seems the Steelers are in the same situation. The Steelers barely won in week 1, and lost to the mediocre bears in week 2! They are done! It's over! Just like the Patriots. They have their star defensive player injured with the same injury as our defensive player. It's the same exact situation. Two 1-1 teams. They didn't play well their first two games either, therefore, their season is over as well. Just like everyone is saying about the Patriots. This reasoning could predict everything! I'm going to vegas and predicting that the Chargers, the Cowboys, the Eagles, the Packers, the Bears, and the Cardinals have no chance of winning this season or even getting into the playoffs. They are done for. Also, this means that the Broncos and the 49ers are almost locks to make the superbowl, since they are 2-0. I give myself a lot of credit for coming up with this reasoning, and I should apply for an expert sports writer job over at ESPN. It's genious! Any team that starts off 1-1 has no chance of improving on their mistakes and playing better! The first two games of the season are all that matter!
    Posted by magicalhobo

I think you are right, and I might add that the Jets, unfortunately for Patriots' fans, are going to go 19-0 and win it all since they are 2-0 after two games.  Matt Sanchez is a lock for the Hall of Fame and Rex Ryan is the greatest defensive mind in the history of the NFL. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from timithye. Show timithye's posts

I think all the 2-0 teams are going 19-0 this year.  Also, the sky is pink and winter is not coming...

I'll wait until the leaves fall before I decide who will be terrible this year.  The Pat's and squealers played terrible so far.  This trend will change for both teams.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Proof the Steelers and others are going to be terrible this year:
    I think all the 2-0 teams are going 19-0 this year.  Also, the sky is pink and winter is not coming... I'll wait until the leaves fall before I decide who will be terrible this year.  The Pat's and squealers played terrible so far.  This trend will change for both teams.
    Posted by timithye

That is actually mathematically impossible.

The Pats look like the Colts did this time last season. And Brady looks a little like Manning did, a little slow, and concerned with his knee. Just out of synch.

This offense will start scoring tons of points soon.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from touchdownpats. Show touchdownpats's posts

I don't think any of the 2-0 teams will ever lose again. They are the most impressive bunch I have ever seen. Just imagine, they played 2 games and haven't lost any. All I can do is say watch out NFL, these guys are going to roll through the league.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

It is interesting to read the reactions of the media to the Pats' 1-1 start, yet, no similar reactions to the 1-1 starts for the Chargers and Steelers, let alone the 0-2 start for the Titans.  Plus the reaction to the Jets 2-0 start, I believe they won the SB, right?  Either way you spin it, there is an undercurrent of dislike for the Pats, fair or unfair.  Read the comments on sites like ESPN, Sporting News, USAToday and the negativity towards the Pats is amazing.  What has this team done to the country other than play hard and win!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from docmartin72. Show docmartin72's posts

In Response to Re: Proof the Steelers and others are going to be terrible this year:
    In Response to Re: Proof the Steelers and others are going to be terrible this year : That is actually mathematically impossible. The Pats look like the Colts did this time last season. And Brady looks a little like Manning did, a little slow, and concerned with his knee. Just out of synch. This offense will start scoring tons of points soon.
    Posted by zbellino

Unbeliever! you shall BURN!

We have no use for your fancy "math" and "logic"! 2-0 means undefeated and tranlates to 19-0 even if Goodell must change the laws of physics.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

2-0 is 19-0 in dog years.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Proof the Steelers and others are going to be terrible this year:
    With all the negativity on the Patriots being 1-1 and barely winning week 1, it seems the Steelers are in the same situation. The Steelers barely won in week 1, and lost to the mediocre bears in week 2! They are done! It's over! Just like the Patriots. They have their star defensive player injured with the same injury as our defensive player. It's the same exact situation. Two 1-1 teams. They didn't play well their first two games either, therefore, their season is over as well. Just like everyone is saying about the Patriots. This reasoning could predict everything! I'm going to vegas and predicting that the Chargers, the Cowboys, the Eagles, the Packers, the Bears, and the Cardinals have no chance of winning this season or even getting into the playoffs. They are done for. Also, this means that the Broncos and the 49ers are almost locks to make the superbowl, since they are 2-0. I give myself a lot of credit for coming up with this reasoning, and I should apply for an expert sports writer job over at ESPN. It's genious! Any team that starts off 1-1 has no chance of improving on their mistakes and playing better! The first two games of the season are all that matter!
    Posted by magicalhobo

Well, it's more substance than most of the folks over at ESPN so congratulations. You've got the gig. Hahaha. Good point, though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Proof the Steelers and others are going to be terrible this year : Well, it's more substance than most of the folks over at ESPN so congratulations. You've got the gig. Hahaha. Good point, though.
    Posted by apdynasty23

Patriots have problems on defense this yr; all the sarcasm in the world won't change this. Bellichick cannot always wave a magic wand. See the Report Card in today's Boston Herald

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In Response to Re: Proof the Steelers and others are going to be terrible this year : Patriots have problems on defense this yr; all the sarcasm in the world won't change this. Bellichick cannot always wave a magic wand. See the Report Card in today's Boston Herald
    Posted by nhsteven

This type of reasoning is the entire point of this thread. I could really care less about how the Boston Herald graded the team on one game. It's the entire season grade that's going to matter. The Pats have the talent, but haven't played well. The defense hasn't been bad, and they will be a lot better when the offense can actually score TDs. It'll take time.

But they are 1-1, so obviously there is no chance they are going to do anything this year, just like all the other 1-1 teams I mentioned.

SUPERBOWL PREDICTION!!!!! It's going to be the 49ers vs. the Broncos. However, neither team is going to win. They are both 2-0. So they will definitely be there, and probably play forever in overtime. Because they are 2-0. The other 14 regular season games don't matter for them. It's a lock.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from boston2nj. Show boston2nj's posts

I sure hope everyone posting the Pats are done, does not do anything statistical for work. To base an assumption based on two games is just about as likely to hold up as the Jets going 19-0. I doubt the Pats are going to 15-1 in the regular season, but I don't think they won't make the playoffs either.

There is a reason the NFL made such a big deal in 2007 about the Pats going for perfection; it just does not happen often. To expect that each and every year is nice in your head, but there is the reality that The Pats have a QB who is a little rusty, the 0-line is allowing teams to bring the heat and the defense lost a lot of key players. Those are not things that get fixed using BB magic, the Pats will be a team again very soon and when they start clicking I suspect this board will be filled with bandwagon fans once again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

It is interesting to read the reactions of the media to the Pats' 1-1 start, yet, no similar reactions to the 1-1 starts for the Chargers and Steelers, let alone the 0-2 start for the Titans.  Plus the reaction to the Jets 2-0 start, I believe they won the SB, right?  Either way you spin it, there is an undercurrent of dislike for the Pats, fair or unfair.  Read the comments on sites like ESPN, Sporting News, USAToday and the negativity towards the Pats is amazing.  What has this team done to the country other than play hard and win!
    Posted by agcsbill

I wouldn't expect anything else from the media. The media likes new, sensational stories. The Patriots are becoming the stale story because a) they're consistently there and b) they don't do anything to attract more attention. They were media's darling when they won the first Super Bowl but now after 2 more rings, Spygate, and Belichick's aloof personality, I think we see a lot more bitterness towards the Patriots.

Sections
Shortcuts