Prophetic and painful

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Prophetic and painful

Re: Which RB To Hand Off Too During SB.....
    posted at 2/4/2012 10:20 AM EST

First: 1/31/2008
    Last: 2/15/2012
    To me, this ears-pinned-back, QB hungry Giants DLine is just BEGGING to be run on.

BJGE ripped off about 5 yards per carry agains tthe Ravens, who, to me, have a decidedly better run D than the Giants.

If the Pats go pass crazy, and lose by a few points like in 07, I'm going to go insane.

Calling it a "passing league" is the biggest myth currently being sold in sports. It is not a passing league, it's a golden QB era, and rules have been shifted to adjust to that. But, if the Pats commit to the run, they can win in much the same fashion as they did in 01.

Winning should be priority, not winning WITH style. You don't get anything on the scoreboard for style points.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: Prophetic and painful

a 2:1 pass:run ratio definitely qualifies as going "pass crazy".

To be fair, my sanity was questionable previous to this.

Before anyone else says we don't need to run to win, I'd like to see the Pats TRY to run consistently, and lose. I don't think it would happen. Give the Pats 25+ runs a game, and I get they win most of the games. Oh, I'm sorry, they already win MOST of the games, they'll get back to winning games that MATTER. Wasn't this same fact what we fans used to throw in Manning/Colts fan's faces? But we do it now, and expect a different outcome?

Run the ball. Win the game. I don't care about looking "pretty" as the Pats win.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Ditto. It really hurts to watch us lose in the playoffs and SB's with the same game plan. 138 passing attempts to 38 55 rushes in our last 3 losses in a row to the Giants.

Ouch.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Should we ask for a redo?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Prophetic and painful:
    [QUOTE]Should we ask for a redo?
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

We just had a redo of 07. Should we redo the redo?

I get your point, you obviously don't get mine.

The game is lost, I'm quite over it.

What I don't want to see is the team continually lose making the SAME mistake over and over.

TC has run those 3 game pass to run ratios a few times, and people refuse to look at it, or admit what it says. 3:1 ratio? When has that EVER, in the HISTORY OF FOOTBALL EVER WORKED? Times change, sure, but it doesn't go from being a league where 1:1 is good, to 3:1 being acceptable.

I think 15 teams in NFL history have averaged 40+ pass attempts per gsame, for the season (the Pats did). Until this y ear, they COMBINED for 1 playoff win. ONE! Well, the pats just pushed that number to 3. For about 15 of the pass-happiest teams in NFL history.

It's good for stats (see: Marino, Dan and Manning, Peyton), but not for Championships (see: Marino, Dan and Manning, Peyton). 2 of the best QBs in NFL history over a combined 30 season or so won 1 title.

Keep chuckin' it though, that's obviously not the problem.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

People get your point, most agree with you to an extent. Its just obnoxious that some feel the need to point it out on every thread. Thats all. The Saints won their Super Bowl running the ball 18 times so it has worked before.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.  Just saying.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

[QUOTE]People get your point, most agree with you to an extent. Its just obnoxious that some feel the need to point it out on every thread. Thats all. The Saints won their Super Bowl running the ball 18 times so it has worked before.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE] The Saints won their
    Super Bowl due to a huge defensive play by Porter for the pick 6.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Prophetic and painful : The Saints won their Super Bowl due to a huge defensive play by Porter for the pick 6.
    Posted by jaxpat[/QUOTE]

Well considering they were winning by 7 when that play happened and won by 14 that is not the main reason they won the game. It sealed the game, sure.. Say whatever you want, they still won while throwing it 70% of the time

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Prophetic and painful :TC has run those 3 game pass to run ratios a few times, and people refuse to look at it, or admit what it says. 3:1 ratio? When has that EVER, in the HISTORY OF FOOTBALL EVER WORKED?
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

See Saints 2009 season, Packers 2010 season and if Arizona hadn't choked it would have been the same in the 2008 season.  Stop pretending games involving the Pats are the only data points that matter.  I wish the Pats did run the ball more, but I am not going to pretend that other teams haven't had SB success by primarily passing.

Hell even the Giants in 2007 passed 34 times to 13 runs by their RB's.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Sorry, I already buried this ball in the back yard.  It's next year already, and I have moved on.  You should think about moving on also.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry, I already buried this ball in the back yard.  It's next year already, and I have moved on.  You should think about moving on also.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you have posted several times about how you have moved on. You really convinced us this time.

Hey guys if you have moved on then go post on another thread. Right now you bring NOTHING to the table.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I just don't think the Giants were that concerned about the 3.6 yac our RBs managed in the game against them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]a 2:1 pass:run ratio definitely qualifies as going "pass crazy". To be fair, my sanity was questionable previous to this. Before anyone else says we don't need to run to win, I'd like to see the Pats TRY to run consistently, and lose. I don't think it would happen. Give the Pats 25+ runs a game, and I get they win most of the games. Oh, I'm sorry, they already win MOST of the games, they'll get back to winning games that MATTER. Wasn't this same fact what we fans used to throw in Manning/Colts fan's faces? But we do it now, and expect a different outcome? Run the ball. Win the game. I don't care about looking "pretty" as the Pats win.

So, let's have a bottom line from you "run the ball" stooges.

Why is BB such an inept HC that he doesn't do what you constantly rant about?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

because BB is now and always has been a defensive football genius. It is the same reason he has always had an O.C and not called plays on O.

Did you forget in the 07 SB how most of the game he was down on his knee coaching the defense while McD passed our team to a loss? 1 carry for Kevin Faulk who averaged 6ypc that year....oops.

It is also pretty easy after watching Brady break every passing record in the league to fall back on the crutch.

I think BB is the best ever but to insinuate he is flawless is ignorant.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]because BB is now and always has been a defensive football genius. It is the same reason he has always had an O.C and not called plays on O. Did you forget in the 07 SB how most of the game he was down on his knee coaching the defense while McD passed our team to a loss? 1 carry for Kevin Faulk who averaged 6ypc that year....oops. It is also pretty easy after watching Brady break every passing record in the league to fall back on the crutch. I think BB is the best ever but to insinuate he is flawless is ignorant.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Okay, so BB is too stupid about offensive football to know what you know. The O is flawed because they don't run enough.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

^ sigh.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]I just don't think the Giants were that concerned about the 3.6 yac our RBs managed in the game against them.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Exactly! The truth is that when we did try to run it, the drive failed - we would punt - and then our defense wouldn't get off the field.

I'm sure Belichick would love to run the ball and as a fan I would love to see an offense that can break a team's will and spirit by pounding the football down a team's throat. We are not that type of team. People say, well we didn't try it enough/commit to it...I could try all I want to be a mountain lion...doesn't matter, no matter how hard I try it still won't happen.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Prophetic and painful : See Saints 2009 season, Packers 2010 season and if Arizona hadn't choked it would have been the same in the 2008 season.  Stop pretending games involving the Pats are the only data points that matter.  I wish the Pats did run the ball more, but I am not going to pretend that other teams haven't had SB success by primarily passing. Hell even the Giants in 2007 passed 34 times to 13 runs by their RB's.
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

Funny you bring up AZ, because had they not thrown a TERRIBLE pass from within the 5, for a 99 yard pick 6, they WOULD have won.

And give me a break, Packers 2010, and Saints 09 are two of the best offenses in league history. Saints 09 were like Pats 01 on some mixture of crack/steroids and speed. And the Packers were not only EXTREMELY talented on O (even after losing their starting TE and RB) and got hot at the right time.

And, truth be told, if these 2 NE/NYG SBs had been, say, week 4 games, the only thing people would mention was how painfully low scoring it was. In the early 2000s, Polian commented that "the league ppg average is about 42, and we don't want to see it that low." So, 2 Super Bowls totaling 31, and 38, respectively, are not good offensive games. BOTH teams failed in 07, ONE of them learned from the mistakes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Prophetic and painful : Okay, so BB is too stupid about offensive football to know what you know. The O is flawed because they don't run enough.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

No, he's a SMART enough manager to not cut the knees out from the people HE hired. He actually trusts them. Trust, however, is not always rewarded.

For BB to suddenly start calling plays at any point would be a SURE sign of panic. And one thing BB does not do is panic.

Did you not watch A Football Life on BB? Really interesting stuff in there, he pinpointed what would be thier downfall (take away Moss deep, Welker underneath and they're done) before the midpoint of the season, they were just unable to correct it. He gives input, but he lets the people he hired do the job he hired them for. He's no micro-manager, nor should he be.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Prophetic and painful : Yeah, you have posted several times about how you have moved on. You really convinced us this time. Hey guys if you have moved on then go post on another thread. Right now you bring NOTHING to the table.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Sorry.  I'll snivel more now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Prophetic and painful : See Saints 2009 season, Packers 2010 season and if Arizona hadn't choked it would have been the same in the 2008 season.  Stop pretending games involving the Pats are the only data points that matter.  I wish the Pats did run the ball more, but I am not going to pretend that other teams haven't had SB success by primarily passing. Hell even the Giants in 2007 passed 34 times to 13 runs by their RB's.
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

Don't point out flaws in the formula!

When it doesn't work it's only because ____!

;-)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Prophetic and painful : No, he's a SMART enough manager to not cut the knees out from the people HE hired. He actually trusts them. Trust, however, is not always rewarded. For BB to suddenly start calling plays at any point would be a SURE sign of panic. And one thing BB does not do is panic. Did you not watch A Football Life on BB? Really interesting stuff in there, he pinpointed what would be thier downfall (take away Moss deep, Welker underneath and they're done) before the midpoint of the season, they were just unable to correct it. He gives input, but he lets the people he hired do the job he hired them for. He's no micro-manager, nor should he be.

Oh, I get it.

BB would rather not advance in the playoffs or maybe even win the SB so he doesn't step on the toes of his employees. Right.

Do you think it's possible BB could just take them aside and suggest something like this; "HEY, RUN THE F'N BALL A LOT MORE!". Nah, he's much too shy for that.

Question. Is there any level of absurdity you folks will not stoop to in order to push your asinine agenda that we should give the scrub RBs the ball more at the expense of the the HOF QB and future HOF TE?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Who said that BB was a bad coach? I don't think that I have ever ever seen that written here. People say he is a bad GM, which I disagree with but never that he's a lousy coach. If anyone who questions the amount of running plays in a game is saying that BB is a bad coach then any complaints about the defense has to apply as well. BB is the coach of the whole team, he  is the best coach and GM in the NFL by far. Going to 5 super bowls in 10 years speaks for itself. It takes a great GM, Coach, and Quarterback to do that.