Proposed new NFL rule.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Proposed new NFL rule.

Actually I'd like to see this for all sports.

Any player arrested for any reason shall not play in any games or get paid until the the reason for the arrest is ajudicated.

If the arrest was ajudicated in the player's favor he/she shall recieve all back pay.

This just might make these privleged people think about what they do in their spare time.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Re: Proposed new NFL rule.

This will never, and should never, happen. I suppose it's a somewhat nobel idea, but that's assuming that all arrests made, are done so justly. Obviously, many are not. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

This will never, and should never, happen. I suppose it's a somewhat nobel idea, but that's assuming that all arrests made, are done so justly. Obviously, many are not. 

If the arrest is dropped then they are ok to pay and play. It is about making them think before doing the strip club, getting drunk and bringing the girl who they do not know to their hotel.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Jimmy you and I both know that will never happen. First off it's Unconstitutional, secondly it would violate about 2 dozen labor laws, and thirdly and more importantly the CBA won't allow such a ridiculous rule to pass.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Good to see posts from Jim, don't notice you here very often.  Are you still teaching, Jim?

While your suggestion would be great in trying to clean up all sports, it would need to be altered a bit.  Just because someone is arrested it doesn't mean they are guilty.  Maybe if they were found guilty then an automatic suspension of playing and pay could be enforced.  I would go along with that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Actually I'd like to see this for all sports.

Any player arrested for any reason shall not play in any games or get paid until the the reason for the arrest is ajudicated.

If the arrest was ajudicated in the player's favor he/she shall recieve all back pay.

This just might make these privleged people think about what they do in their spare time.

What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Isn't with holding pay and play presumed guilt, not proven guilt? 

lets not forget, the NFL isn't a dictatorship, but a partnership. The players union also has to agree to any such rules, which of course they would not

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Jimmy you and I both know that will never happen. First off it's Unconstitutional, secondly it would violate about 2 dozen labor laws, and thirdly and more importantly the CBA won't allow such a ridiculous rule to pass.

Unconstitutional where does it say you have a right to get arrested and the place of business where you work has to keep you on the payroll? No business has to keep anyone whom acts in a way that is detrimental to that business. Seems the NFL would want all of these arrests to have never happened. 

Schools can suspend teachers for being arrested why shouldn't the NFL do the same. BTW both have unions. 

Not against any labor laws at all. If I am wrong just show me one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Good to see posts from Jim, don't notice you here very often.  Are you still teaching, Jim?

While your suggestion would be great in trying to clean up all sports, it would need to be altered a bit.  Just because someone is arrested it doesn't mean they are guilty.  Maybe if they were found guilty then an automatic suspension of playing and pay could be enforced.  I would go along with that.

Not teaching any more. Wife retired and we are loving life in our new home and wit great friends and neighbors.

as for the comment maybe. Any teacher arrested including drunk driving must report it immediately and will get suspended until all facts are in.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Unconstitutional where does it say you have a right to get arrested and the place of business where you work has to keep you on the payroll? No business has to keep anyone whom acts in a way that is detrimental to that business. Seems the NFL would want all of these arrests to have never happened. 

Schools can suspend teachers for being arrested why shouldn't the NFL do the same. BTW both have unions. 

The CBA allows a player to be cut, and not collect his base salary. bonus money still needs to be paid out. The CBA does not allow a team to withhold pay pending judicial decision. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoratLikePats. Show BoratLikePats's posts

Something similar if I recall.

Stalin arrest you.  Then he kill you.  Then your trial go to court.  Even if you win, you dead.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

The CBA allows a player to be cut, and not collect his base salary. bonus money still needs to be paid out. The CBA does not allow a team to withhold pay pending judicial decision. 

And it has not stopped a damn thing. Take away pay and I bet things change.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

And it has not stopped a damn thing. Take away pay and I bet things change.

The team can't, that's the labor agreement they have with the union.

Pats cut Hern, he didn't get paid. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Not teaching any more. Wife retired and we are loving life in our new home and wit great friends and neighbors.

as for the comment maybe. Any teacher arrested including drunk driving must report it immediately and will get suspended until all facts are in.

Good to hear Jim.

As a father with children it is good to hear that teachers are held to such high standards.  Not to say I agree with it, but I like that teachers have to be more aware of the consequences of their actions then others might have to be in their jobs.   Does that need to be the case in pro sports?  Probably not, but it sure might clean sports up a bit.

Sections
Shortcuts