Props to Browners Agent

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Props to Browners Agent

So this morning the full story comes into focus.  Ian Rappaport on NFL network told the story.  Browner visted with the Pats and agreed on a 2 year 10 million dollar contract.  The agent looking to get a better deal, came up with the story that Browner had not agreed and had a visit with the Redskins on Friday, and there was strong interest with the Raiders and NO as well.

Well guess what, he schooled the Pats.  Rappaport confirmed this morning with the Redskins, they never had a meeting setup with Browner.  He also confirmed with Raiders and NO they had no interest either.

The agents story worked thou as the Pats agreed to another year and 7 million to keep Browner from leaving NE.  So while everyone on here is saying the guy looks like a fool, he schooled the Pats and got them to up their bid when no one else had any interest.  Not a bad job if you ask me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Props to Browners Agent

if thats the case +1 for Browner, and +1 to Pats for stepping up. I would like to think that the Pats "braintrust" couldnt be manipulated so easily though...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Let's wait and see the details as to how the contract is structured.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I'm curious to see what the guaranteed $ are...

Also, for what it's worth:

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora   1h

The idea that Browner was only negotiating with the Pats and had no other real interest or trips planned is preposterous

Since this Browner thing won't go away, I saw his itinerary and plane ticket receipt to fly to WSH. He most definitely had a trip scheduled

I wouldn't put it past a smart agent to purchase plane tickets, regardless of whether his client was gonna fly there or not... smart play if that was the case.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

After 30 years Belichick was duped by an agent saying the guy had other offers....

Ok.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Heard he had a goal and an assist as well. 

As an agent you run the risk of alienating GMs when you deceive them. It's not good for the player either. This stuff gets around. You might pull off a score by hoodwinking someone, but do you think anybody is going to believe anything the guy says if everyone knows that's how he operates? 

That's not how the top agents operate, I can tell you that. It's fine to play one team off against another, that's Negotiating 101, everyone does that. But outright lying? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

I'm curious to see what the guaranteed $ are...

Also, for what it's worth:

The idea that Browner was only negotiating with the Pats and had no other real interest or trips planned is preposterous

Since this Browner thing won't go away, I saw his itinerary and plane ticket receipt to fly to WSH. He most definitely had a trip scheduled

The mystery continues I guess.  I saw the story this morning on NFL Network all access show (they repley the thing like 10 times a day).  Ian Rappaport said he spoke directly with the Redskins who said they never had a meeting setup........  I mean could this agent be so devious as to actually setup a plane trip to Washington even with no meeting......Very clever if he did.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

After 30 years Belichick was duped by an agent saying the guy had other offers....

Ok.

[/QUOTE]

It does seem a bit hard to believe, yeah... I mean, agent 101 is to create a market for your client... whether real or made up... perception is everything.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]

Ok.

[/QUOTE]

30 years not as player personal guy thou.  I am not as high on BB in the front office as I am of him on the sidelines...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As an agent you run the risk of alienating GMs when you deceive them. It's not good for the player either. This stuff gets around. You might pull off a score by hoodwinking someone, but do you think anybody is going to believe anything the guy says if everyone knows that's how he operates? 

That's not how the top agents operate, I can tell you that. It's fine to play one team off against another, that's Negotiating 101, everyone does that. But outright lying? 

[/QUOTE]

Bullsiht!  Unlike other sports where contracts are guaranteed, in the nfl a player has mo option but it get whatever he can.  As it stands now, rappaport mya be trying to cover his as-.  If not, then the genius was just schooled.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bullsiht!  Unlike other sports where contracts are guaranteed, in the nfl a player has mo option but it get whatever he can.  As it stands now, rappaport mya be trying to cover his as-.  If not, then the genius was just schooled.

[/QUOTE]

How's Polian's job hunt going? Hey was he eligible for unemployment since he was fired and all?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

UMMMMM...    thats called fraud.     (if its true)...  Patriots could sue.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

What do guaranteed contracts have to do with anything? I'm talking about human nature.

If I'm negotiating a contract with you and you tell me something that isn't true, am I going to believe you the next time the same situation comes up? If you lie to me, I'm going to avoid dealing with you and I'm going to poison your well by telling all of my buddies that you're a liar.

There's a line between negotiating and lying.  Everybody understands there's a certain amount of BS involved on both sides. But there's a difference between posturing and fraud. If you don't care because this is the last contract you'll ever negotiate with that team, go for it. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

... and we wonder why people distrust player agents.

Granted, the agent is working for the player, but, agents are out for themselves, IMHO, more than anything.  Think of all the money they make, a percentage of the player's contract, for what may be a few days to weeks work.  The contract may last 2 - 4 years, or more, and the player HAS to play those 2 - 4 years to make the money.  The agent has his cut in hand and just watches the player while counting his cash.  Right?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Who cares what happened--I'm just glad it did !  Man is a nasty hard hitter!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giQ6hmPKK6A

remember this one?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

For that matter, we may also not want to trust the word of the Redskins' front office. 

Just before the draft, the Patriots go to great lengths to hide their true intentions.   Everybody knows that the Pats are great drafters, so secrecy and occasional red herrings are important.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

For that matter, we may also not want to trust the word of the Redskins' front office. 

Just before the draft, the Patriots go to great lengths to hide their true intentions.   Everybody knows that the Pats are great drafters, so secrecy and occasional red herrings are important.

[/QUOTE]

We love our surprises, don't we?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Still not a bad deal for the pats to get a guy like that at under 6 Mil per year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Patsman3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So this morning the full story comes into focus.  Ian Rappaport on NFL network told the story.  Browner visted with the Pats and agreed on a 2 year 10 million dollar contract.  The agent looking to get a better deal, came up with the story that Browner had not agreed and had a visit with the Redskins on Friday, and there was strong interest with the Raiders and NO as well.

Well guess what, he schooled the Pats.  Rappaport confirmed this morning with the Redskins, they never had a meeting setup with Browner.  He also confirmed with Raiders and NO they had no interest either.

The agents story worked thou as the Pats agreed to another year and 7 million to keep Browner from leaving NE.  So while everyone on here is saying the guy looks like a fool, he schooled the Pats and got them to up their bid when no one else had any interest.  Not a bad job if you ask me.

[/QUOTE]

So the hockey thing was probably just a ploy too . . . 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How's Polian's job hunt going? Hey was he eligible for unemployment since he was fired and all?

[/QUOTE]

Fired along w/ his son who was horrible and truly had no business being a GM.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Schooled or not....for ONCE ( twice Revis)  the Pats (and the fans) wanted someone in free agency and got him (THEM)   

Yet fools use THIS as a point to bash...........Some of you in here have some serious neglect issues that really need attention.............

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Richardson for #1 is <,>,= to Entire draft for Ricky Williams.........

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Considering the run on corners, and the absolutely ridiculous sums of money that have been thrown at them, I still see this as a victory for the Pats.  Most teams looked past him because they didn't want to wait until week 5 before he took the field, and they didn't want the risk of him being out of the league for a 3rd violation.  Pats have Ryan, Dennard, and Revis ready to go as starters, so they could take the risk. 

Not to mention he's insurance in case we don't come to terms with Revis past this year. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to HelmetofLeather's comment:

Schooled or not....for ONCE ( twice Revis)  the Pats (and the fans) wanted someone in free agency and got him (THEM)   

Yet fools use THIS as a point to bash...........Some of you in here have some serious neglect issues that really need attention.............

exactly !  who cares ! I'm happy with these 2 CBs .  Some more fine tuning and we'll all be happy campers .  When does the NFL season start !!??!!! already !

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:

Considering the run on corners, and the absolutely ridiculous sums of money that have been thrown at them, I still see this as a victory for the Pats.  Most teams looked past him because they didn't want to wait until week 5 before he took the field, and they didn't want the risk of him being out of the league for a 3rd violation.  Pats have Ryan, Dennard, and Revis ready to go as starters, so they could take the risk. 

Not to mention he's insurance in case we don't come to terms with Revis past this year. 

I agree but this kinda also makes my point.  All those negitives you mentioned that were turning teams off is back to the point that the Agent was making the market for him sound much greater (Wash, Oak, NO) then it was.  The Pats were not bidding agaisnt many (if any other teams) so it is interesting how a 2 for 10 turned into a 3 for 17.....

I am very interested to see how much of the money is guarenteed. Also don't forget he is suspended for 25% of the regular season.  So for this year whatever he is making is based on 12 games not 16 so the Agent did real well for him.