Props to Browners Agent

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Props to Browners Agent

Who cares if BB was "duped"? The Patriots of old would of let this guy walk and said..oh well, we can coach some undrafted free agent to do what he does...then we'd lose. And it would of been over pennies in NFL terms. We've been doing that crap for years now, it's nice to see a change in philosophy. I hope they keep it rolling, these deals and these types of players have been what's missing from this team. Good.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

For that matter, we may also not want to trust the word of the Redskins' front office. 

Just before the draft, the Patriots go to great lengths to hide their true intentions.   Everybody knows that the Pats are great drafters, so secrecy and occasional red herrings are important.

[/QUOTE]

Everybody knows that the Pats are great drafters,

i cant believe posters haven't responded to this....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:

i cant believe posters haven't responded to this....

That's because it's true. Compared to all the other 31 teams, they are among the best. Contrary to what many here think, it isn't just Belichick and Brady. There are many great players on this team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]i cant believe posters haven't responded to this....
    [/QUOTE]
    That's because it's true. Compared to all the other 31 teams, they are among the best. Contrary to what many here think, it isn't just Belichick and Brady. There are many great players on this team.

[/QUOTE]

Just wish the coaches were up to the task of gamepanning these great players into a position of winning the big games year after year.

Just watched a replay on NFL network of superbowl 36 aginst rams....

Weis called a double reverse to Patten, and a halfback pass by faulk (which got snuffed)along with a quick strike to Brown from the 3 yard line to start the game. That kind of variety is missing from this teams offense.   You would think your own play history during great games (victories)would be a teaching point for the OCs around here...  wouldn't you..?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

Just wish the coaches were up to the task of gamepanning these great players into a position of winning the big games year after year.

Just watched a replay on NFL network of superbowl 36 aginst rams....

Weis called a double reverse to Patten, and a halfback pass by faulk (which got snuffed)along with a quick strike to Brown from the 3 yard line to start the game. That kind of variety is missing from this teams offense.   You would think your own play history during great games (victories)would be a teaching point for the OCs around here...  wouldn't you..?

Charlie was great. When we were winning super bowls, when a clutch play was needed, they made it. Since then, whether it was play calling or execution, big plays have been lacking.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who cares if BB was "duped"? The Patriots of old would of let this guy walk and said..oh well, we can coach some undrafted free agent to do what he does...then we'd lose. And it would of been over pennies in NFL terms. We've been doing that crap for years now, it's nice to see a change in philosophy. I hope they keep it rolling, these deals and these types of players have been what's missing from this team. Good.

[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.

And let me add this...

I am tired of people saying that it's proven, teams who make a big splash in FA never win the Super Bowl.  Well, the teams in the past who were making a big splash in FA weren't Super Bowl contentenders the prior year.  So it's interesting this year to see SB contenders making some big signings and to see the Pats do the same.

halle freaking lujah!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

There is just as much a fight between the NFL Network (Rappaport) and ESPN (Schecter) over who was getting the most breaking news coverage right...Schecter was getting all the breaking signings on the first day which irritated his old employer, NFL Network, so I'm sure that lit a fire under Schecter's replacement at NFL Network, Ian Rappaport, to get busy in beating ESPN......

Either way, from the agent-client perspective, all is fair if both sides are satisfied with the results...only those directly involved know the truth and they have no reason, if things are going well, to tell it. Only those with an axe to grind will put a negative spin on what happened.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"If not, then the genius was just schooled."

By schooled you mean he got the players he wanted at a favorable price for the Pats. 

We're having a good offseason and it's eating you alive.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with you.  Just amazed a handful of posters here haven't chimed in.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

What the helll is this thread even about?   That an agent 'schooled' BB??  Really?? No sh_*t? He actually got the better of BB in a contract negotiation? 

If that really is the case, as Muz points out, the agent can forget about ever having any credibility in Foxboro again. 

Did the Pats get someone they wanted at a favorable price and terms?  I think so.  The rest of it is horsesh*t.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am tired of people saying that it's proven, teams who make a big splash in FA never win the Super Bowl.  Well, the teams in the past who were making a big splash in FA weren't Super Bowl contentenders the prior year.  So it's interesting this year to see SB contenders making some big signings and to see the Pats do the same.

halle freaking lujah!

[/QUOTE]

we arent even making the 'big splash' that involves spending the most. Bronwer was cheap.. 5.6 AAV... yes Revis was PAID but overall this is BB doing a great job getting Edelman back for TB, beefing up the secondary a ton and now hopefully getting Sanders or Jones...

just great signings by BB making a huge splash by filling needs! love it!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.

And let me add this...

halle freaking lujah!

[/QUOTE]

And you know what? If they don't win the Super Bowl I won't be upset, because at least as a fan I feel as if they tried...I didn't get that feeling the last five years. And I know we had success, but I thought it was more because of Brady and great coaching/some luck breaks. If we continue like this I think we can stand toe to toe with any of the better playoff teams.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What the helll is this thread even about?   That an agent 'schooled' BB??  Really?? No sh_*t? He actually got the better of BB in a contract negotiation? 

If that really is the case, as Muz points out, the agent can forget about ever having any credibility in Foxboro again. 

Did the Pats get someone they wanted at a favorable price and terms?  I think so.  The rest of it is horsesh*t.

[/QUOTE]

+1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with you.  Just amazed a handful of posters here haven't chimed in.

[/QUOTE]

Agree with both of you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

So what? He got a dummy year added to the end. Big deal.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

The hypocrisy of the BB rump swabs is a thing to behold.

If BB plants a story that he's interested in FA "X" when he really isn't in order to drive the price up he gets a standing ovation on the board.  "Did you see how BB schooled team Y?"

This is just business from the other side of the desk.

And the idea that BB not dealing with this agent again would be BB's loss, not the agent's.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

If he was brought in to play SS, then yhe Pats got a steal of a deal. If he's another CB, then it was a waste. Dennard can cover much better than Browner, we didn't need to pay someone 6 million for that.