Props to the Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Props to the Pats

I'd like to be able to say that currently they are not the best team in the NFL, but I can't. 

I;d say that there is not a "great" team in the league this year, but the pats seem to have the unique ability to not beat themselves, have been astute enough to take advantage of other teams' mistakes, and just win.  

Can't quibble about that. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsPat. Show ItsPat's posts

Re: Props to the Pats

Nice post!  Would be great if fans, all fans, could admit when another team is playing well instead of just throwing out insults all the time.

I also agree that there is no dominant team(s) this year and it will come down to who is hot and who has the least number of injuries come playoffs.  A little luck will also help this year since no one is dominant at this point.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Its pat - The pats have already had fortune go their way this year, but so what.  Good for them.  When its happened they've taken advantage of it, and they have not beaten themselves. 

They seem a lot like the colts last year, to me. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Long season.  Pats have had nothing but bad luck for 2 years, so  maybe that is starting to change now.

We shall see.

Pats need to keep working on how the offense can balance out for 4 quarters. If they can get a handle on what works, they should be able to control games better than what they have been doing.

D needs to keep improving, too.  So far, so good.

It's definitely ahead of schedule than what I would envisioned.   I figured 5-2 at best.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

In Response to Re: Props to the Pats:
    The pats have already had fortune go their way this year, Oh that's right, like the Mankins deal not going through and Leigh Bodden going out for the season and Taylor missing 4-5 games and Chung missing 3 games and Moss being traded away.......... The Pats are playing smart, scrappy football and taking advantage of whatever small morsel of weakness another team has to squeak out wins. The Colts last year played poor in the first halves, and in most cases the first three quarters and deserved to lose and then came back from behind with one exceptional quarter of football. Big difference my good friend. What they're doing is more like the 2001 Pats
    Posted by Sam-Adams

Wow - talk about reaching for something to feel disrespected about.  Lighten up Sam. 

1.  Everyone has injuries.  Taylor has been nothing for the pats yet.  Do you think they actually miss him?  How can you miss someone you've never really had? 
    2.  The Moss trade was a choice by the org.  Do you believe honestly they would have made that choice if they didn't think the team could win without him?
    3.  The Mankins thing is really the only thing you can say that is out of the ordinary.  Big whoop.  As everyone has said on this board for months, he's just a guard.  A great one, but just a guard. 

Regardless, I meant good fortune on the field.  EG- the int that became a TD reception.  Good fortune.  An int that fortunately bounces into the defenders hands.  Good fortune. 

Feel free to find disrespect if it makes you feel better.  the pats are getting some good bounces.  Good for them.  The point is they are taking advantage of them.  Some teams don't. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

The Colts last year played poor in the first halves, and in most cases the first three quarters and deserved to lose and then came back from behind with one exceptional quarter of football.

Sam - Are you sure you want to put yourself on this statement?  In the 14 games last year that the colts won, they were down at halftime in only 3 of them.  Now maybe their play was bad, but when you hold a halftime lead in 80% of the games you won, I don't know how you say they deserved to lose these games. 

Sam, take the compliment that I gave and quit using erroneous fan thoughts to fuel your fan hate. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Its pat - The pats have already had fortune go their way this year, but so what.  Good for them.  When its happened they've taken advantage of it, and they have not beaten themselves.  They seem a lot like the colts last year, to me. 
    Posted by Indylove

Gonna have to call you on this one, doggggg.

Playing relatively mistake-free football and taking advantage of your opponent's miscues is not good fortune going your way, it's superior coaching and discipline. Sam-Adams mentioned the plethora of obstacles the Pats have had to overcome to this point, so I'm not going to belabor that point. The backhanded compliment can be an effective weapon, in the right hands, but you've got to be a little more subtle with it.

Oh . . .   and weren't you the guy in here complaining about how your poor, downtrodden Colts have had more injuries this season than any other team in the history of ever? And yet, suddenly, today, "injuries happen to everybody" and "big whoop."

This is why you will never graduate clown college.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

You are what your record says you are.  Grats to the pats, afc east current leaders.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

You are what your record says you are.  Grats to the pats, afc east current leaders.
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT

Don't crawl back here and play nice.....you're just like your teams score a big fat zero

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

awww, your just mad that you admitted to elbowing old ladies in the head.  loser

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Pmike - You are correct, the things you mention are not good fortune, but that does not mean the pats haven't had good fortune.  

Feel free to put me on whatever postition makes you feel better.  That's your preogative, even when you are wrong.  

As for my concern for the colts given their injuries, I am not sure how that applies.  I haven't used it as an excuse for losses or thumped my chest when the team has won despite them.  So what's your point?  

Let me know when you are available Professor Bozo.  With you help, maybe I can finally get that degree.  Smile

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Pmike - You are correct, the things you mention are not good fortune, but that does not mean the pats haven't had good fortune.   Feel free to put me on whatever postition makes you feel better.  That's your preogative, even when you are wrong.   As for my concern for the colts given their injuries, I am not sure how that applies.  I haven't used it as an excuse for losses or thumped my chest when the team has won despite them.  So what's your point?   Let me know when you are available Professor Bozo.  With you help, maybe I can finally get that degree. 
    Posted by Indylove

Do you rinse before you spin?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Lots of change in the NFL this week. The old Indy regime dies tonight. Houston will run all over them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Posted by WeDerrWEDAT

Unlike some others here, I appreciate your comment, it takes some humility to do that.  Thanks.

Next JETS PATS game looms large for both teams.  Who'd have guessed that in July? Not many posting here and not many of the football pundits and probably not me.  So it goes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

In Response to Props to the Pats:
    I'd like to be able to say that currently they are not the best team in the NFL, but I can't.  I;d say that there is not a "great" team in the league this year, but the pats seem to have the unique ability to not beat themselves, have been astute enough to take advantage of other teams' mistakes, and just win.   Can't quibble about that. 
    Posted by Indylove

you know in the past i would give you the benefit of the doubt... but that time has passed and I can easily say that your condescending tone confirms you are a total DB......

"cant quibble about that"   they may not be a "great" team now but when you are watchin them in the playoffs you will realize what you dont have in tom brady and BB and what you do have in gomer....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

the jests have been overhyped from day 1 and as this season goes on they will continue to show everyone whaT they really are...

LOSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

awww, your just mad that you admitted to elbowing old ladies in the head.  loser
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT

No weeweedushe I'm happy the Pats are where they belong first place best record all during a massive rebuilding year. Your team on the other hand built on old FAs is headed for a crash. Great coach you have there blaming the punter... loser

I see you a friend pfft

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I never read or respond to these posts.  I personally think that someone who repeatedly takes shots at another team on the fan forum of said team's hometown paper can keep any compliments to himself.  Just like the criticisms, I can go without the half-hearted and ingratiating praises.  I really don't care if you think this team suks or is now worthy of your praise.  Save it.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

In Response to Re: Props to the Pats : Unlike some others here, I appreciate your comment, it takes some humility to do that.  Thanks. Next JETS PATS game looms large for both teams.  Who'd have guessed that in July? Not many posting here and not many of the football pundits and probably not me.  So it goes.
    Posted by Dessalines

appeasing the trolls?   come on man

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

On the air this AM Brady put it best they've won 6 games this season and he says"you don't get anything for 6 wins in the NFL"....The Patriots won against San Diego because they shot themselves in the foot so many times they were looking foolish. Yesterday's game the Houdini Interception by McCourty was amazing to watch and they just played better than their opponent. Indy guy is right they may not be the best team in the AFC player wise but record wise they sure are! Also the reason why he thinks they look a lot like his colts is because of Hernandez,his game is so similar to Clark's that it would remind anyone of the colts offense seein him catch big catch after big catch...

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

^
    ^ LOL

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts