Pros and Cons from Tampa Game....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Pros and Cons from Tampa Game....

"Personally I agree with BB's decision.  No use unnecessarily scaring other teams."

You can only play one QB at a time so it's not going to scare teams to know you have another good one on the bench is it now? What IS in BB's best interest is for other teams to think we have two great backups, not one, so that one of them can be traded for value later. So in fact this situation actually debunks your perceptions of BB's "decision." 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In Response to Re: Pros and Cons from Tampa Game....:
    [QUOTE]" Personally I agree with BB's decision.  No use unnecessarily scaring other teams." You can only play one QB at a time so it's not going to scare teams to know you have another good one on the bench is it now? What IS in BB's best interest is for other teams to think we have two great backups, not one, so that one of them can be traded for value later. So in fact this situation actually debunks your perceptions of BB's "decision." 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]
    Many media hacks, players, most of the casual fans and not a few coaches are influenced entirely by the final score of a preseason game, and will speak in terms of their team going 2-2 or 3-1 in the preseason.  A score of 28-0 times two (what the first teams can do) looks quite scary, while  31-14 says that there's at least a possibility of beating the other guys.  Also, the dumber coaching staffers will write down "Mallett INT" and will mis-prepare for Mallett just in case Brady goes down.

Hoyer is the only trade bait, not Mallett this year.  Mallett is still the bad news rep rookie he was six months ago.  Three years from now, Mallett's int can be pretty much written off (to the rubes) as either youthful exuberence or a wide receiver's route running mistake. 

If anything, BB can tell the other team's GM, "You're leaving me with nothing but Mallett?  Then I'm going to need at least a first rounder to let him go."

Coach is done looking to see if Mallett makes the team.  Therefore, Mallett was the one needed to toss the int, not Hoyer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Pros and Cons from Tampa Game....:
    [QUOTE]Pro:  Offense - 28 first half points Pro:  Defense - 0 first half points Con:  I'm sure the whiners will think of something
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

Nuff said!

Hope we have no whiners this year on the game thread or they'll have to be banned for sure with the trolls and jests fans.