Protect your Freedoms!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Protect your Freedoms!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:CongressLookup?zip=02301

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

Re: Protect your Freedoms!!!!

thieves are stealing copyrighted material....it does not belong to them and they are profiting from it....so it's a crime. Are some liberties going to be abused probably, like any law some freedom is sacrificed. I love to ride at 100mph but its against the law ....where's my freedom man

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

They have the sheeple buying the big lie over and over across the board. Nothing will stop them.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In Response to Re: Protect your Freedoms!!!!:
    [QUOTE]thieves are stealing copyrighted material....it does not belong to them and they are profiting from it....so it's a crime. Are some liberties going to be abused probably, like any law some freedom is sacrificed. I love to ride at 100mph but its against the law ....where's my freedom man
    Posted by harleyroadking12[/QUOTE]

That's for the "victims" of these crimes to solve, it's funny how nobody wants big government but we're always giving them powers way beyond their reach, the internet is about freedom of expression and ideas, to bottle that up would be anti-American, anti-democracy and downright stupid.  Unless of course you were looking forward to being a cog in this Orwellian future...

Back in the 80's when they only had cassettes, I was a barely a teenager who joined the Colombia Record music club, I ordered my 12 cassettes for a penny agreeing to buy a cetain number of albums in the future at full price. Being the wise spendthrift that I was, I thought I'd save money on shipping and cleanly remove myself from this deal by purchasing all of my albums at once, so I filled out my form and mailed it with all of my selections. 

A week or so later 2 cassettes came to my door, one of which I didnt order but 3/4 of my order was also missing. They charged me an exorbant amount of $ for shipping, sent me wrong items and stretched out my commitment to them out over a year by saying they didn't have my selections in stock...BS... if they didn't have Metalica's Ride The Lightning is stock then I called BS.  Years later I dated a musical artist who explained how artists received $1 for every disc sold.

For decades these companys have reamed us and the "artist" they are supposedly protecting in the rear, so don't you dare stick up for them now... unless of course you're a stock holder in Time Warner.  But this isn't really about pirated music, this is about control over the minds and thoughts of the masses and there will be no going forward for humanity if were stuck in the same dogma and morass that has existed for so long.  Don't be a zombie to the system...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

If this passes I can only imagine what those occupy groups are going to do...

I'm also with 66 on this. I listen to a lot of music that is very hard to find so this would really upset me. If they were to censor the internet and it made me unable to purchase any upcoming Radiohead album off their site (since they usually do name your price stuff) I would have a fit.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Protect your Freedoms!!!! : That's for the "victims" of these crimes to solve, it's funny how nobody wants big government but we're always giving them powers way beyond their reach, the internet is about freedom of expression and ideas, to bottle that up would be anti-American, anti-democracy and downright stupid.  Unless of course you were looking forward to being a cog in this Orwellian future... Back in the 80's when they only had cassettes, I was a barely a teenager who joined the Colombia Record music club, I ordered my 12 cassettes for a penny agreeing to buy a cetain number of albums in the future at full price. Being the wise spendthrift that I was, I thought I'd save money on shipping and cleanly remove myself from this deal by purchasing all of my albums at once, so I filled out my form and mailed it with all of my selections.  A week or so later 2 cassettes came to my door, one of which I didnt order but 3/4 of my order was also missing. They charged me an exorbant amount of $ for shipping, sent me wrong items and stretched out my commitment to them out over a year by saying they didn't have my selections in stock...BS... if they didn't have Metalica's Ride The Lightning is stock then I called BS.  Years later I dated a musical artist who explained how artists received $1 for every disc sold. For decades these companys have reamed us and the "artist" they are supposedly protecting in the rear, so don't you dare stick up for them now... unless of course you're a stock holder in Time Warner.  But this isn't really about pirated music, this is about control over the minds and thoughts of the masses and there will be no going forward for humanity if were stuck in the same dogma and morass that has existed for so long.  Don't be a zombie to the system...
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

good post wozzy

People on the outside looking in only see piracy laws . I saw Obamas Harvard buddy talking about this 2 years ago.

This is not much to do about music and more to do with the ability to shut down sites that expose the government for what they really are.

and Rusty, shut your hole if you have no input. Its related because not only music sites will be effected. I dont expect you to do anything beyong status quoue anyways, so carry on.

Dont comment.  Theres plenty of folks waiting for your football analysis.  Stick with that..

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Once again. Dont be decieved. This is about MORE than Music.

This plan was devised to get rid of sites who express thoughts that border on "conspiracy theory's"

and My take on that has always been if the thoery is really untrue, how come the powers that be care so much to discredit and remove this info??

Dont answer it, just research it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Are you serious??? I can take you off ignore whenever i want.

Who am I telling what to do???

Please go learn something and stop harassing me.

Im sorry, I forgot this is YOUR board and ONLY YOU can tell people what to do and what to think right??

Gimme a break. Go find someone else to do battle with. I have no time for you.

Back on ignore you go because as usual you have nothing to add.  Must s uck when you cant discuss anything outside of Billy's balls.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

What is the point of the first amendment if the government can approve this? Why not start sending people to the Gulag for disagreeing? That is what bothers me the most with the whole thing. That's it, i'm done discussing this now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

This SOPA stuff was all written by the movie studios, record companies, and other entertainment conglomerates.  Proposed FCC rules on net neutrality were written by Verizon's own lawyers.  You think those crusty old people in Congress and HoR care or really know about this stuff?  Please....

You can't let corporations run amok because regardless what people think, they do NOT have the population's best interest at heart.  We've seen first hand what happens when regulations are removed and those corporations can do what they want.

The unfortunate thing is...most stuff in Washington is already pushed from lobbyists on the payroll of said corporations.  The system has failed...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I have a friend who has 6 copies of The Beatles Revolver on vinyl and he won`t even sell me one. It`s not a vast conspiracy; just altering the format by which people buy music. I have all my vinyl at a friends house for safe-keeping (includes rare Stones club bootlegs). We live in a single track generation as opposed to an album generation. One is not necessarily better than the other; just different. Freedom is being able to have an immense disdain for one form music (autotunes and synth-pop jazz fusion) and overflowing affection for another (eg: Rock and Roll, country). Not a big deal really, I am sure Ozzie, and by extension his record company gets some residual every Sunday when his stadium rock anthem gets the crowd fired up in the 4th quarter (Crazy Train). 

When i buy a CD I get the impression that the artist gets there cut more so than downloading.....Again not huge concern. Son we live in a world with music vendors and those vendors have to sell CDs and records to people like you and me. Everyone gets their cut or share.Artist, vendor and tech billionaire. 

Very few people realise that Capital records gets their cut of the early Stones stuff. It was not until around Some Girls era, when the Stones formed their own label that licensing took off (Start Me Up and MS ad case in point), but Jagger is a rare bird in the recording industry. An original, good thing Keith, Ronnie and Mick had the riffs.

Well, alas I have said to much and, aside from Ozzies crazy train (also honorable mention for Welcome to the Jungle from G n R), this really wasnt about football, but Rock in Rio highlights. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Protect your Freedoms!!!! : That's for the "victims" of these crimes to solve, it's funny how nobody wants big government but we're always giving them powers way beyond their reach, the internet is about freedom of expression and ideas, to bottle that up would be anti-American, anti-democracy and downright stupid.  Unless of course you were looking forward to being a cog in this Orwellian future... Back in the 80's when they only had cassettes, I was a barely a teenager who joined the Colombia Record music club, I ordered my 12 cassettes for a penny agreeing to buy a cetain number of albums in the future at full price. Being the wise spendthrift that I was, I thought I'd save money on shipping and cleanly remove myself from this deal by purchasing all of my albums at once, so I filled out my form and mailed it with all of my selections.  A week or so later 2 cassettes came to my door, one of which I didnt order but 3/4 of my order was also missing. They charged me an exorbant amount of $ for shipping, sent me wrong items and stretched out my commitment to them out over a year by saying they didn't have my selections in stock...BS... if they didn't have Metalica's Ride The Lightning is stock then I called BS.  Years later I dated a musical artist who explained how artists received $1 for every disc sold. For decades these companys have reamed us and the "artist" they are supposedly protecting in the rear, so don't you dare stick up for them now... unless of course you're a stock holder in Time Warner.  But this isn't really about pirated music, this is about control over the minds and thoughts of the masses and there will be no going forward for humanity if were stuck in the same dogma and morass that has existed for so long.  Don't be a zombie to the system...
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

there's a militia in Idaho looking for members

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]What is the point of the first amendment if the government can approve this? Why not start sending people to the Gulag for disagreeing? That is what bothers me the most with the whole thing. That's it, i'm done discussing this now.
    Posted by magicalhobo[/QUOTE]

They already have the Gulag covered. It's called NDAA.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I don't how I feel about it. Really, you shouldn't steal copyrighted material and it's so easy everyone is doing it (myself included). Truthfully if they had the power to crack down on the websites it would disappear. They can crack down on individuals but its so prevalent at this point that its like tryong to bail out a sinking ship with a thimble. They cant possibly fine or prosecute enough people to make it risky enough for people to quit so they need to attack the source. Problem is, some sites are foreign and they have no jurisdiction and so the answer is to use search engines and providers to block the sites. That's a lot of power, and even though I think the intentions are legit, I'm reluctant to give anyone's hat amounts to control over media. Not because they will misuse it, but because they could. It one thing to put up speed limits on the roads, it's another to modify everyone car so it can't go over 55 mph. I'm sure even if it passes, it will be as foolproof as a locked iPhone and someone will have a way around within an hour. I think they should probably just stick to prosecuting the sites and people. It's one thing to give away a few freedoms for lives or safety, we do that everyday with speed limits, licensing to buy dangerous chemicals, or explosives, or whatever. Pretty much every law is a constraint on freedom, but one that we have agreed is worth the price. But when it's not lives, but the money of a few at hand, it may be calais but I don't care. If they can't figure out a way to keep their product from being stolen, than they just need to work harder at it, but uncle Sam should stay out.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

The government has a way of using one excuse and one law to take away a number of different things. We should be pretty concerned by more than this. The new detainment law is completely unconstitutional and I can't believe more people aren't up in arms about that as well as the Patriot act. Little by little Liberty is slipping away. In 10 years from now think back and see what you think.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

[QUOTE]The government has a way of using one excuse and one law to take away a number of different things. We should be pretty concerned by more than this. The new detainment law is completely unconstitutional and I can't believe more people aren't up in arms about that as well as the Patriot act. Little by little Liberty is slipping away. In 10 years from now think back and see what you think.
    Posted by Rerun85[/QUOTE]
    Good post and better point...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Protect your Freedoms!!!! : Good post and better point...
    Posted by Ytsejamer1[/QUOTE]

It's what the government does with everything. They create the Boogie man and then say, "We'll protect you, All you have to do is give up a little freedom and give us more control".  From the looks of it I'm outnumbered in that belief.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Protect your Freedoms!!!! : there's a militia in Idaho looking for members

Ironically enough this is a Patriots forum... you should find the red coat or nazi forum and sign on.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Protect your Freedoms!!!! : good post wozzy People on the outside looking in only see piracy laws . I saw Obamas Harvard buddy talking about this 2 years ago. This is not much to do about music and more to do with the ability to shut down sites that expose the government for what they really are. and Rusty, shut your hole if you have no input. Its related because not only music sites will be effected. I dont expect you to do anything beyong status quoue anyways, so carry on. Dont comment.  Theres plenty of folks waiting for your football analysis.  Stick with that..
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Agree, music is a side note to the affect of this legislation.
    For the government to be able to censor and force a search engine to delete websites curtails our first amendment and will only limit our innovative qualities.  Piracy on this level is a serious issue but it is something we can figure out how to solve in another way.  

I've lived in China, and a lack of complete knowledge freedom is the reason they haven't produced any of their own Bill Gates or innovated in any way, the only reason.  Knowledge freedom is our great asset, let alone our fundamental American right.  We are more likely to solve the issues of piracy through open lines of communication and idea flow.  Otherwise we continue to grey down our own scope of thought.      

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]thieves are stealing copyrighted material....it does not belong to them and they are profiting from it....so it's a crime. Are some liberties going to be abused probably, like any law some freedom is sacrificed. I love to ride at 100mph but its against the law ....where's my freedom man

they don't shut down the road if one person speeds or gets into an accident on it.  they police it the best they can.  and i usually drive 90-110 almost the whole way back from New Rochelle, NY to Massachusetts when I visit home anyway, which as long as I don't crash and cause damage to public infrastructure or other people or other cars is my perogative.

that's what the law proposes.  they can design a better law that doesn't create unreasonable expectations for people who run websites.  if i post something to facebook, the site whose link i posted violating the copyright is obviously guilty, but according to this law, so is facebook even though it's not their fault

furthermore, it empowers the AG to shut down websites virtually at will while destroying our freedom to information.

Sections
Shortcuts