Protect your Freedoms!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seymonster. Show seymonster's posts

Re: Protect your Freedoms!!!!

musicians make squat selling records.  they make their money selling concert tickets and other merchandise.  

most musicians are supporters of filesharing.  it broadens their audience immensely.and they make more money in the long run.

these proposals are founded on nonsense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toocool9090. Show toocool9090's posts

They should let us vote on this. I guarantee you it will not pass.

I think the MPAA and the RIAA are probably the 2 most hated "groups" in the US. They are archaic and know that things are not going to get better for them. Pretty soon we will be able to get TV-quality cable programming and cell phone service through the internet (several companies doing this) for a fraction of what we pay now. The media companies will lose a lot of money, and instead of adapting to the changing times, they are trying to stifle progress. 

The worst part is that they tried to sneak this by us because none of the news stations covered it (of course they didn't, their rich owners support it).

This is coming from a non-pirate who frequently goes to Redbox to rent Blurays (music these days sucks so I do not participate in that).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

JayS-thanks for bringing this to this board-this is serious stuff-I have called Reps and Senetors in Idaho, letting them know we the people will not stand for this-Big money again trying to monopolize. If they do this we the people need to take to the streets and revolt-IT"S coming anyway-just hope we don't have to rebel until the Pats win #4. LOL. Man this country is starting to feel like Nazi Germany-Police state and all-BUY firearms-we have the right to bear arms-it's still in the constitution-barely!!!!In Response to Protect your Freedoms!!!!:
    [QUOTE]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:CongressLookup?zip=02301
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Hey wozzy get your head out of the sand-as much as I enjoy watching the Pats there are FAR more important issues. I would think your freedoms would be important-so many americans watching so much TV being hypnotized and lulled to sleep they won't even see it coming- wake up BOZO!In Response to Re: Protect your Freedoms!!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Protect your Freedoms!!!! : Ironically enough this is a Patriots forum... you should find the red coat or nazi forum and sign on.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The sad part is, the Congress and O'Bungo passed a law that was much worst earlier on in the year. The NDAA is NAZIsm incarnate. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I believe that's the reason to be so incensed-they are trying to pass legislature with this bill-- WITHOUT, we the people, voting on it-and obviously it would never pass! BTW why is LOBBYING allowed when we all know it's big money paying off politicians to pass laws that favor them!!! Did you know their is a lobbyist building right next to DC with hundreds of these goons doing the dirty work of paying off politicians daily-the reason we do not abolish such tactics is simply because the people being paid off are the very elected officials that would have to abolish it!!!!!  If this doesn't wake people up in this country we are in trouble!!!In Response to Re: Protect your Freedoms!!!!:
    [QUOTE]They should let us vote on this. I guarantee you it will not pass. I think the MPAA and the RIAA are probably the 2 most hated "groups" in the US. They are archaic and know that things are not going to get better for them. Pretty soon we will be able to get TV-quality cable programming and cell phone service through the internet (several companies doing this) for a fraction of what we pay now. The media companies will lose a lot of money, and instead of adapting to the changing times, they are trying to stifle progress.  The worst part is that they tried to sneak this by us because none of the news stations covered it (of course they didn't, their rich owners support it). This is coming from a non-pirate who frequently goes to Redbox to rent Blurays (music these days sucks so I do not participate in that).
    Posted by toocool9090[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: Protect your Freedoms!!!!": [QUOTE]I believe that's the reason to be so incensed-they are trying to pass legislature with this bill-- WITHOUT, we the people, voting on it-and obviously it would never pass! BTW why is LOBBYING allowed when we all know it's big money paying off politicians to pass laws that favor them!!! Did you know their is a lobbyist building right next to DC with hundreds of these goons doing the dirty work of paying off politicians daily-the reason we do not abolish such tactics is simply because the people being paid off are the very elected officials that would have to abolish it!!!!!  If this doesn't wake people up in this country we are in trouble!!!In Response to Re: Protect your Freedoms!!!! : Posted by jimmytantric[/QUOTE] I don't know man, I don't like it but youre making a mountain out of a molehill. It gets voted on by "we the people" by your congressman and senate reps. Which is exactly how every law that has ever been voted on became a law. If public opinion was so adamantly against it the representatives wouldn't vote it in because they wouldn't be representatives.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: Protect your Freedoms!!!!:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Re: Protect your Freedoms!!!!": I don't know man, I don't like it but youre making a mountain out of a molehill. It gets voted on by "we the people" by your congressman and senate reps. Which is exactly how every law that has ever been voted on became a law. If public opinion was so adamantly against it the representatives wouldn't vote it in because they wouldn't be representatives.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

i do think lobbies are a problem.

the economy is in the dumps... has been for a while. it all started from abuse in the financial sector. there's been no significant reform. and we can thank lobby groups for doing a good job of keeping it that way.

i remember reading on the news soon after the crash that more than a thousand people (i can't remember if ex bankers or ex government employees) being hired by lobby firms.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

[QUOTE]The government has a way of using one excuse and one law to take away a number of different things. We should be pretty concerned by more than this. The new detainment law is completely unconstitutional and I can't believe more people aren't up in arms about that as well as the Patriot act. Little by little Liberty is slipping away. In 10 years from now think back and see what you think.
    Posted by Rerun85[/QUOTE]

You have said a mouthful.  It is what I have against the Unpatriot Act.  It is _so_ against the constitution, I can't see how it has not been challenged and defeated.  Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

Now for this censorship bill.  I agree that it is the responsibility of the PROVIDERS to better protect their product.  The ability to shut down a web site will also give them the ability to shut down ANYTHING they want to shut down.

I am a computer programmer and I program in PHP.  It is open source.  I use www.php.net as my PHP bible.  Whenever  I have a question about something in PHP, I go there and the answer is readily available.  Yesterday I has a question so I went there to double check that what I thought was actually correct.  Rather than reaching the site, there was a big banner screen redirecting me to certain sites to help out in blocking this bill by writing to congress people.  Stupidly, in their desire to get this message out, they forgot to provide a way to move on past it.  (I worked for about 10 minutes until I found a way to get past that first screen).  The point is, though, that this would give the government the power to do anything they want.  Sorry, not acceptable by me.

Now, for this forum.  Do you realize that if some right wing cog in the wheel thinks the Globe is too left wing (or vice versa), he could shut down the entire Globe site.  What happens then to this forum?  Will that happen?  Highly doubtful -- BUT IT COULD!

At the risk of invoking Godwin, just look at Germany circa 1933 with the giving away of a little liberty at a time.  Each law became progressively more oppressive and you know the result.

I suggest that anyone who disagrees go out and [re]read "1984".

STOP INTERNET CENSORSHIP.  DEFEAT THIS BILL.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

thanks for the post sheldong.

I guess some people are concerned and thats good.

I will say this again. This is not about just Music.

Artists dont make that much money, but if they arent lazy they can get major cake thru shows.

Make no mistake, my Ipod is filled up and I dont listen to any new music so I dont really care about the music sites being banned. The people who dont follow status quoe and really know what america is based on will agree with me.

Why are so many sights from wicipedia to cooking sites making a stand and shutting down if its only about music piracy?

Like someone else mentioned, the other law that was passed sais they can detain anyone for any amount of time for no reason at all and this has been in the works for a while.

Soon they will find a way to implement marshall law too.

With the power to shut down any site they deem a threat to their facist agenda they dont have to do as much damage control and WE dont get to spread info to each other that is important and will be in the dark.

I have a grasp of what is going on, but not everyone does and they want more people finding out the truth.

The ignorant people who say I am crazy, All I ask is to do your own research. I am not here to preach or to force anything on you. If you dont know, dont speak on it, and find out for yourself before you dismiss and call people crazy because not everyone lives the american way and does things the way they are "supposed" to.

Some of us are not blinded and no the truth. There are plenty of resources out there but they may not be there forever.

Take Care ALL

Go Pats!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Most of the stuff that corporations claim as copy righted is in itself ripped off from some long dead creator. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

I'm not sure how related to the topic at hand this is but not living in Massachusetts has caused me to become creative when trying to watch some Patriot Games.

There were a few sites that I've used in the past that have been shut down by none other than Homeland Security.  How these sites affect Homeland Security is beyond me.  It does affect however, the Profit line for the NFL.  

So why not just pay for it?  Well what happens if the Pats are playing on the NFL Network and your Cable Carrier does not carry the NFL Network.  I can't switch Cable Carriers so I'm just SOL.  

Because of the NFL Contract with Direct TV, is it fair for the NFL to force me not only to buy the Direct TV System but the Entire NFL Schedule?

Fortunately for me, because of the TV Ratings of the Patriots, I'm able to watch a lot of games on regular TV.  If any given game was not televised here than I would be willing to pay for games on an individual basis as in Pay For View.  But because they have a monopoly, the NFL does not make that available because they can make more money selling packages.  

So I'm not going to cry for the NFL or the Networks if people are able to watch the NFL out of Europe, South America, or China especially when the NFL and the Networks have an unfair power over us.  

JMNSHO 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I have payed for that direct tv sunday ticket for years now and the only reason I do is because i complain every year for them to drop the price. Ive had it over 8 years and am supposed to get discounted rates but they still try to raise it every year.

This year was the last straw when they started offering the sunday ticket FREE for new subscribers!  I was livid!  Plus with the all the NFL bickering over money it just left a bad tast in my mouth,

So all that combined with me about to have my second child this year, I decided enough is enough. I will no longer get the sunday ticket and I just canceled directv to get comcast(sucs because comcast HD is shyt compared to directv)

I will just be a casual fan now. I dont care who steals what in regards to the NFL. They tried to corner the market and then disregarded all the loyal long time customers and gave new customers something free just to get new customers but lost some in the process.  They xferred me to a person who offered me 300.00 credit not to cancel and all they had to do was give me sunday ticket at the price I wanted...what a joke! 

They have so much access on the NFl network, replaying the good games and showing sounds of the game that you can catch up on most of the good games anyway.

It was fun for a while, but lately it was a waste because I wasnt always home to watch it and couldnt keep up with the DVR.  Comcast does have the Redzone channel which shows every TD of every game for only 7.00 extra

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

" This year was the last straw when they started offering the sunday ticket FREE for new subscribers!  I was livid!  Plus with the all the NFL bickering over money it just left a bad tast in my mouth,"

My son has Direct TV in Georgia and he went through the same thing.  That was certainly a screw job to existing loyal customers.  He is in worse shape than me because on the local channels, if the Falcons are on at the same time as the Patriots then there is no CBS Game and therefor no Patriots Game even though the Falcons are on FOX.  Talk about a monopoly.  At least here in NC if the Panthers are on FOX it does not interfere with the CBS Game.  

BTW, there was some talk around this time last year about what was happening to some of the Pirate Sites and how Homeland Security was shutting them down.   Homeland Security gives me the creeps because I believe it has exceeded its original purpose. Once HS continues to grow and grow we are all screwed in the end.   JMNSHO

From a year ago:

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

NC, you ever heard of Cass Sunstein?

I believe he has some say in this too.

Homeland Security operates under a big umbrella that allows them to stick their nose into a lot of stuff and yes their powers will continue to grow.

They started with the orange terror alerts to make us believe we were in danger of terrorist attacks when they are the ones that authored it.

They try to get people scared so they will agree to give up things in exchange for freedom,peace , etc.

The Truth is, there will never be peace. There will always be war as long as its profitable and we will continue to fund sides of each war to keep it going and they want us to believe their is a high threat of terror in the u.s.

The real Terror is RIGHT here underneath our noses..

They spend millons on so called measures to protect our safety when really they are overseas protecting their own assets, but let me stop before I say too much and folks really think im crazy...lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

As with any link or article, I always enjoy readin peoples comments to get a guage where peoples heads are at.

That ATDHE or whatever was a good spot for me to catch fights instead of paying 60 ppv for a 2 minute fight.

Like I said, Ultimately I dont mind the entertainment stuff. Life will go on, but the impact it would have on future generations and their ability to learn about things past, present, future , the ability to research things for yourself and things "they" dont want you to know could be catastrophic, IMO

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Protect your Freedoms!!!! : That;s why I don't fall for this crap.  There is another way to regulate on the internet and that's for each company to follow in state or federal (international), universal rules.  Basically you'd need American companies who sell here, regardless of where their "incoporation" is, to follow American regulation. Ideally, you'd want every country following suit so the regulations are pretty much the same. It's pretty simple. Example: We have Ticketmaster based in Cali, Clear Channel based in San Antonio, TX for example, they sell "product" as a partnership (really a monopoly partnership) contorlling the ticket selling and brokering operations, price gouging, manipulating markets, etc, exclusively over the interent.  Ticketmaster is registered in California, they need to be regulated from the state level. If that doesn't work, than make federal regulations so they do abide by common buy/sell regulations. Stubhub is an example and regional brokerages like "Ace Tickets" are also an example.   They price gouge on the internet because they have tickets bought up in bulk before they go on sale to the public. This used to be done in very small volumes back in the 1980s, but the internet has streamlined this process. And you wonder why an event is sold out before you can click on even 1 ticket for an event? So really company that promotes a product/ticket for sale is currently under "copyright infringement" of the original negotiated market price for the ticket. The promoters work with them and there really is no negative effect for a company like Ticketmaster. Clear Channel buys up al the music venues and they control the market.  The broker takes all the risk, and voila, Ticketmaster and Clear Channel can't lose. They may have to lower expectations on margins, but they won't lose. Clear Channel is now Live Nation due to bad publicity, but it's still the same operation. I use this as an example because this is consumer fraud. The gov't needs to look at stuff like this more so than some forced "copyright infringement" claim. Scalping/brokering is "illegal" on site (say Fenway for example), but our lawmakers allow the same practice to go in in the interwebs because there are no "regulations".  Well, make the regulations!    They turn their heads because the Ticketmaster and Clear Channel/Entertainment lobbies ask them to (cash/payoffs/gifts, etc). Duh. The internet was always an excuse to jump around regulations which is fine, or at least it was fine as all companies moved into E-Commerce, but at some point, the gov't can look past this and then turn around using copyright infringement as some excuse to continue to look past stuff like this. If you're going to push this copyright infringement crap, due the legwork first and require business regulations to be applied to any business on the internet. Until there is regulation with an obscene racket such as ticket "brokering" (Ticketmaster and its offshoots), they can take their threats and shove them squarley up their rectums. Was born at night, not last night. Framing "copyright infringement" as some version of censorship is a joke. 
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

Usually you write very clearly.  However, I cannot discern from what you stated above whether you are for or against this new SOPA/PIPA bill -- and why.  All I got was that you think Tickermaster is bad (I agree) and that there should be regulations for companies doing business on the net (I agree).  What I don't know is whether or not you favor that bill.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

[QUOTE]NC, you ever heard of Cass Sunstein? I believe he has some say in this too. Homeland Security operates under a big umbrella that allows them to stick their nose into a lot of stuff and yes their powers will continue to grow. They started with the orange terror alerts to make us believe we were in danger of terrorist attacks when they are the ones that authored it. They try to get people scared so they will agree to give up things in exchange for freedom,peace , etc. The Truth is, there will never be peace. There will always be war as long as its profitable and we will continue to fund sides of each war to keep it going and they want us to believe their is a high threat of terror in the u.s. The real Terror is RIGHT here underneath our noses.. They spend millons on so called measures to protect our safety when really they are overseas protecting their own assets, but let me stop before I say too much and folks really think im crazy...lol
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

I hear ya and mostly agree with you so I guess I'm crazy too.  I think we've always had some form of government abuse going back to Hoover and the FBI and all the Power that he had over Politicians and Non-Politicians alike.  But Homeland Security is a relatively new breed that is allowed to be right in our faces in the name of protecting us.  

I don't want to turn this into a political discussion but one of the reasons why I have such disdain for all politicians is that during the last election, we heard from both sides along with the fringes of both sides left and right how Homeland Security either had to be repealed or at the very least, had to be cut back in the amount of power that it had.

But instead, the sleezebags from both sides of the isle along with the Radical Right, Looney Left, and Tea Baggers collectively not only renewed Homeland Security but actually made it even stronger. 

Again, why the heck is Homeland Security shutting down sites that show American Sports.  I thought that Homeland Security was established to protect us from Terrorism.  Why do we have to be protected from these sites?  We don't.  But in reality, Homeland Security is protecting potential corporate profit. I believe that this potential profit could quite often belong to Multi-National Corporations.  What a Crock of BS all in the name of protecting us.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Protect your Freedoms!!!! : Ironically enough this is a Patriots forum... you should find the red coat or nazi forum and sign on.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

wozzy you have your views i have mine ....all is good  go Pats

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Thank You-I've been saying for the last 5 years that if we don't abolish Lobbying in this country we are doomed---it should be criminal!!!!In Response to Re: Protect your Freedoms!!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Protect your Freedoms!!!! : Lobbies run the country.  They pull the strings in Congress, which is why Congress has too much power, the same people are in Congress for 20 years and why when they look like morons up there, do nothing, manipulate, etc, it doesn't matter. They can't lose. It used to be that big business would give campaign donations to Repubs and expect some returns. Or, unions would give to Dems and expect the same. Now, they basically help write the actual laws or create laws with specific loopholes, obviously.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]