Proven!!! Colts cannot beat Pats legitimately...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

Re: Proven!!! Colts cannot beat Pats legitimately...

Lets Just see where the Lombardy ends up in Feb!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Well the first pass interferece call looked right, the contact was minimal but you see those get called in the NFL.
    The second PI call looked wrong, ball was thrown short- the DB and reciever turned to jump for the ball and contacted trying to catch it.
    I didn't see where they got the spot for faulk, it looked like he had possession before he was hit.
    As for the BB going for it on 4th at that point, I didn't like the call too risky.  But hey nobody can be right all the time.
    The interception in the endzone and the fumble in the endzone are what really cost them the win.  The team just hasn't played well with a lead this year, the offense gets predictable and the defense gives away first downs. 
    Even though I didn't agree with those calls the refs aren't the reason they lost, this thing should have been out of reach before those call came.  Congrats Colts Fans

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: Proven!!! Colts cannot beat Pats legitimately...:
    I usually don't chime in on this . . .but the only place in the world where that flag would be thrown is in Indiana. That was bogus. And they should have punted.
    Posted by zbellino

Z - did the pats lose the game because of that call?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: Proven!!! Colts cannot beat Pats legitimately... : It wasn't one terrible call.  It was two, which as ususal, went the Colts way.  No interference call, no win for the Colts as they run out of time. And everyone that sees Faulk catch the ball beyond the 30 knows he made the first down.  Stupid play call by BB, yes.  Stupid waste of timeout, yes.  But they did execute the play and only a (here is a shock), Indy freindly ref could have spotted the ball where they did. The Colts know deep down that only extremely favorable treatment bailed them out  I will happily take my chances against the Colts.
    Posted by Encinitas

Encinitas - he bobbled the ball coming back with no room for error.  Its sad that you think that was a bad call.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoHoldingCalls. Show NoHoldingCalls's posts

In Response to Re: Proven!!! Colts cannot beat Pats legitimately... : dont come here and hate on out team because yours has lost five in a row.  in every sports community there will be somebody that says this or that cost them the game out of their controll. just out of curiosity, did you look at the play where manning thew that pass to tyrees helmet? did you see any missed calls on that play? particulary excessive holding on the giants. i know i just made an example of myself but ill just never get it out of the back of my head and your logo reminded me of it for the records, the colts were the better team tonight and i cant wait for the rematch in the playoffs
    Posted by flutie66

Where do you think my screen name comes from?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

No, i don´t agree with you. To blame the refs is the easy way out. And that does not take us anywhere.

This team needs to improve in some critical areas. This game can help a lot to bring the team toguether

We still can get one of the BYE´s inthe playoffs, and then go back to indy for the rematch.

GO PATS !!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Proven!!! Colts cannot beat Pats legitimately... : CC  - HHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAaaa Grow up.  The pats gave this game away.  I can point to a dozen different things and they did not close out the colts.  their fault.  and belichick blew a call. 
    Posted by underdogg

I was waiting for the crucial call all night. Sure enough, there it was on the 4th down pass to welker. Clearly his foot came down past the 30 yard line for the first down. But wait!... somehow the ball gets spotted at the 29 1/2 and goes over to the colts on downs.

end of game.

Maybe next year we'll get a fair shot at the colts in foxboro but no way did they deserve the win tonight.

PS. just shoot maroney

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Only prob there alf is that Faulk caught that ball, not welker.  And he bobbled it before he secured it while coming back for it. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Proven!!! Colts cannot beat Pats legitimately... : Z - did the pats lose the game because of that call?
    Posted by underdogg

~BOTH Pats Players/Coaching AND The Refs are to blame, hand in hand...  Pats mistakes kept Them from sealing the win...Indy's Refs kept Indy from folding within a loss.  Although underdogg, Don't You think it a tad odd that ALL before this game there was talk about Indy getting favorible calls by the refs (and why), over and over, again and again by many, many people...and oddly enough the prophecy was fulfilled (and don't give me that garbage about "Pats Fans ALWAYS crying and complaining about this stuff", Because Indy and Their Rule, Ref, and League connections take it to a whole different level)... 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Well that's how they do it. The league wants the Mannings for some reason. 
    Posted by cosmo14

I came up with the hypothesis that the refs don't want to play in the cold winters of NE come playoff time. That of course does not explain how Pittsburgh gets phantom interference calls too. NE must be colder than Pittsburgh.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnp3a. Show mnp3a's posts

underdogg ... please stop the nonsense.

you keep asking if the bogus call + the questionable one were the only cause of the outcome. the answer is no.
    indy played a great comeback, they took advantage of their opportunities.
    but please, it sickens me that everytime the pats play indy, every time! there are two or three calls like those, always at crucial moments.

when two teams are so evenly matched the advantage of those calls ends up making a huge difference.

colts deserved the win, it  seemed to me the pats played "afraid to lose" all night. i might be wrong, i don't know the game so well.

hey, your team won. they played great. congrats.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Proven!!! Colts cannot beat Pats legitimately... : Root, I'll say it.  the call was questionable.  That means I can see it called and I can see it not called.  Ultimately there were too many pats missteps that caused this loss.  Not the PI.
    Posted by underdogg

I know you'll say it, but it wasn't questionable at all. JW is saying it was legit, but he can't explain why. That just tells me just throwing carp.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Proven!!! Colts cannot beat Pats legitimately... : CC  - HHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAaaa Grow up.  The pats gave this game away.  I can point to a dozen different things and they did not close out the colts.  their fault.  and belichick blew a call. 
    Posted by underdogg

I'll have to agree that the Pats gave the game away. I don't agree that BB blew the 4th down call, but it is pointless to argue.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoHoldingCalls. Show NoHoldingCalls's posts

In Response to Re: Proven!!! Colts cannot beat Pats legitimately... : "Indy and their rule, Ref and League connections"  What in the hell are you talking about.  Robert Kraft has more contacts with the Refs than anyone.  He's one of the most influental owners in the league and he negotiated the "Refs Union" contract with the league.  Come on. It IS because Pats fan wanted an excuse after a week of talking smack to not have to live up to their words.  You got beat... You beat yourselves and that's it.
    Posted by DFree93HOF

The bigger point is this:  we all know Indy is going to get the calls (there was a great thread up here a while ago showing the number of penalties and yards per team for the last 10 years, and the results show a disturbing trend for the Colts - despite different coaches and personnel during the time period), so plan appropriately.  You can't play "not to lose".  You can't run a prevent defense.  You can't try to just run down the clock and pray.  You have to get creative and march forward.  The Patriots panicked and made many mental errors towards the end of the game.  You make mistakes against another top-notch team, you will lose.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

In Response to Re: Proven!!! Colts cannot beat Pats legitimately... : Where do you think my screen name comes from?
    Posted by NoHoldingCalls

...that was against the giants...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

The Patriots are a good football team, and for the most part they outplayed my Colts today.  But let's face it - you have to finish the game, and sometimes a great QB like Peyton Manning will come back and beat you if you give him half a chance.  Your team earned its reputation on the narrowest of margins (3 SBs won by total of nine points!), and tonight you lost one you shoulda won.  Man up, say congrats, and hope you get an opportunity to avenge.  'cause y'all look like a bunch of dinks when you blame PI calls (obviously good PI calls at that) and say things like "they were extremely lucky with some very favorable calls; the Pats handed them their buttucks the whole game...iI would be very afraid to meet the pats again if I was Indy."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Only prob there alf is that Faulk caught that ball, not welker.  And he bobbled it before he secured it while coming back for it. 
    Posted by underdogg

He never came back for it. He caught it going away from Brady. There was an initial bobble, but he gains control with a foot down right on the 30.

That was a first down.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hifiguy. Show hifiguy's posts

Accepting a loss is to a better team that one the game fair and square is one thing but accepting a loss to a team that was clearly outplayed by the Pats and won due to some bogus calls and admittedly, stupid decisions by the pats is another.....pats simply gave this game away, iIndy did not win this one their own.
    We as Pats fan can at least realize that inspite of the loss and costly mistakes we looked damm good against the Colts pretenders.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

The Patriots are a good football team, and for the most part they outplayed my Colts today.  But let's face it - you have to finish the game, and sometimes a great QB like Peyton Manning will come back and beat you if you give him half a chance.  Your team earned its reputation on the narrowest of margins (3 SBs won by total of nine points!), and tonight you lost one you shoulda won.  Man up, say congrats, and hope you get an opportunity to avenge.  'cause y'all look like a bunch of dinks when you blame PI calls (obviously good PI calls at that) and say things like "t hey were extremely lucky with some very favorable calls; the Pats handed them their buttucks the whole game...iI would be very afraid to meet the pats again if I was Indy."
    Posted by JulesWinfield

Well, I find it odd that you are telling people to man up when you can't even explain why you felt the PI call was legit. Be an example to yourself and man up there.

One would think that if they were so obviously correct, as you say, that you should have no issue saying why they were correct. I think you have no idea what you are talking about.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

In Response to Re: Proven!!! Colts cannot beat Pats legitimately... : Well, I find it odd that you are telling people to man up when you can't even explain why you felt the PI call was legit. Be an example to yourself and man up there. One would think that if they were so obviously correct, as you say, that you should have no issue saying why they were correct. I think you have no idea what you are talking about.
    Posted by EnochRoot

It's pretty simple: you can't hit the player before the ball arrives, and Austin Collie was hit before the ball arrived.  In fact, without the PI Collie probably would have caught it.  There: did I "Man Up"?  It was fairly obvious PI.  Are you Pat fans so used to getting all the calls that you're this upset over legitimate calls?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

Accepting a loss is to a better team that one the game fair and square is one thing but accepting a loss to a team that was clearly outplayed by the Pats and won due to some bogus calls and admittedly, stupid decisions by the pats is another.....pats simply gave this game away, iIndy did not win this one their own. We as Pats fan can at least realize that inspite of the loss and costly mistakes we looked damm good against the Colts pretenders.
    Posted by hifiguy

"PRETENDERS'??  They still won didn't they.  9-0.  I don't think there's anything pretend about that pal.  You know I don't know what's worse, you call the Colts "Pretenders" or that your team got beat by "Pretenders"??  What's that make the Patsies??  Oh yeah, less than pretenders.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seadentro. Show seadentro's posts

BB has blown calls since 2007!!! He does not know how to close w/o a solid defense!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hifiguy. Show hifiguy's posts

In Response to Re: Proven!!! Colts cannot beat Pats legitimately... : "PRETENDERS'??  They still won didn't they.  9-0.  I don't think there's anything pretend about that pal.  You know I don't know what's worse, you call the Colts "Pretenders" or that your team got beat by "Pretenders"??  What's that make the Patsies??  Oh yeah, less than pretenders.
    Posted by DFree93HOF

Luck can only get you so far, Indy will not make it past the first round; I will put my 3 houses on it. trust me...they are pretenders; there is more shame to losing to Indy tonight after the way we dominated them; had the calls gone the other way we wouldn't be discussing this stupid thread.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Proven!!! Colts cannot beat Pats legitimately... : It's pretty simple: you can't hit the player before the ball arrives, and Austin Collie was hit before the ball arrived.  In fact, without the PI Collie probably would have caught it.  There: did I "Man Up"?  It was fairly obvious PI.  Are you Pat fans so used to getting all the calls that you're this upset over legitimate calls?
    Posted by JulesWinfield

Finally! Thank you!

Thank you for showing that you don't know jack. 

They were both playing the ball. Incidental contact at that point is not PI on either of them. Aside from that, the contact was initiated by the receiver.

I can't believe you don't even know the rule but are still trying to say it was legit. What a maroon. I find your ignorance awesome.

Sections
Shortcuts