pryor a blow to the defense. 

balllard expected.

we're going with what we got. 

the only question now is shiancoe.

[/QUOTE]

dont you guys have enough TE's?  can't have 5 out there at once  lol

[/QUOTE]

it's bb, so apparently no..... :)

in all seriousness i said we needed a legit te to backup hern and gronk last year if one went down as our offense is predicated on having 2 elite tes.

gronk went down.

we lsot sb

bb responded (a change - he often just says stubborn and continues to do ti the way he has even when its clear something needs to change. hes been addressing what needs changing a lot this year, i got to give him credit).

when he reponded to gronks injury stopping us, he responded with emotion and made sure he would not get caught with his pants down again(without his 2 elite te formula), so he grabbed every good and also every decent te he could. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Pryor and Ballard out for year. Not activated by today's deadline

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

pryor a blow to the defense. 

balllard expected.

we're going with what we got. 

the only question now is shiancoe.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

it's bb, so apparently no..... :)

[/QUOTE]

i would think the two u got should be sufficient but injuries do happen...

[/QUOTE]

see above post

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Not worried but thanks for the updated info...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Jints how many similar guys do the Giants have including fullback? Answer; exactly the same.

Maybe you should spend less time trolling a Pats board and learn more about your own team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

dissapointed to hear that about Pryor. This will be two straight years out of football, think we have seen the last of him.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not worried but thanks for the updated info...

[/QUOTE]

im not sure where that came from. i did not expect ballard back.

pryor wouldve been help for interior de line

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Too bad about Ballard. I am not sure that Shiancoe or Fells is really a back-up to Gronk or Hernandez. You are not going just plug some one in to replace either of those guys (especially Gronk - there is no TE like him in the NFL).

I wanted to see what Pryor could do, but how much could we really expect to see from him. Next year will be his fifth in the NFL and he played in 24 games, more than half of those were his rookie season. Honestly, I will be surprised if he makes the roster next year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Too bad about Ballard. I am not sure that Shiancoe or Fells is really a back-up to Gronk or Hernandez. You are not going just plug some one in to replace either of those guys (especially Gronk - there is no TE like him in the NFL).

I wanted to see what Pryor could do, but how much could we really expect to see from him. Next year will be his fifth in the NFL and he played in 24 games, more than half of those were his rookie season. Honestly, I will be surprised if he makes the roster next year.

[/QUOTE]

agred on pryor.  i tink we got shiancoe exaclty to be herns backup and ballard to be gronk insurance.

they may take shiancoe to the deadline. big guess they gotta make whether to activate him (for hern insurance in teh playoffs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

We need Shiancoe.  TE's get nicked up all the time.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I've just given up on Pryor at this point.  Every year he sucks me back in because when he is healthy he provides a nice pass rush in the interior, but this is the last straw.  I don't want to be a pessimist, but I just won't expect anything more from this guy.

Until next season of course...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I've just given up on Pryor at this point.  Every year he sucks me back in because when he is healthy he provides a nice pass rush in the interior, but this is the last straw.  I don't want to be a pessimist, but I just won't expect anything more from this guy.

[/QUOTE]

Agree. How many more times is this going to happen? Five years later and he still is just a tease.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree. How many more times is this going to happen? Five years later and he still is just a tease.

[/QUOTE]

You guys are right, where do we stand without this guy? I don't know if we can win the big one with no Pryor or Ballard.

Time to start rooting for next year.

Hello Doom, meet my friend Gloom.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

We need Shiancoe.  TE's get nicked up all the time.  

[/QUOTE]

could be a big risk to plan for there to be no problem to arise (in te health)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You guys are right, where do we stand without this guy? I don't know if we can win the big one with no Pryor or Ballard.

[/QUOTE]

No offense, but you are wayyyyyyyyy off base here.  I won't speak for mthurl, but I assume he more or less agrees with my assessment that the Pats have as good a chance as any team to bring hom the Lombardi this year.  No one is saying we are screwed because of this.  However I think it is fair to be pessimistic about the future of Pryor (not the entire team) because of his injury problems which is what we were talking about.  This is a shame since he has proven to be an effective cog on the interior of the D Line when healthy.  Aren't you always going on about how it is so important not to overuse VW?  A healthy Pryor could have helped in that department.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Is Hernandez back this week? Surely, Id think he would be?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is Hernandez back this week? Surely, Id think he would be?

[/QUOTE]

hes practicing. who knows if his ankle has had enough time to heal for the whole season. id err on the side of letttinghim get 100% were playing the bills. we need hi at teh end not now

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No offense, but you are wayyyyyyyyy off base here.  I won't speak for mthurl, but I assume he more or less agrees with my assessment that the Pats have as good a chance as any team to bring hom the Lombardi this year.  No one is saying we are screwed because of this.  However I think it is fair to be pessimistic about the future of Pryor (not the entire team) because of his injury problems which is what we were talking about.  This is a shame since he has proven to be an effective cog on the interior of the D Line when healthy.  Aren't you always going on about how it is so important not to overuse VW?  A healthy Pryor could have helped in that department.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry PCM, but it sounds to me like you guys are upset that a 6th round (long shot) back up D linemen with .5 sacks and 20 tackles for his career can't get healthy. I get Hurtl's constant complaining about Chung not being able to stay healthy but Pryor?

And yes I do wish we could spell VW more but then again, the guy is getting paid 50 million and is the best NT in the league. Play him.

Now Ron Brace is another story. This guy "just can't get right" and imo he had more potential then Pryor.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sorry PCM, but it sounds to me like you guys are upset that a 6th round (long shot) back up D linemen with .5 sacks and 20 tackles for his career can't get healthy. I get Hurtl's constant complaining about Chung not being able to stay healthy but Pryor?

And yes I do wish we could spell VW more but then again, the guy is getting paid 50 million and is the best NT in the league. Play him.

Now Ron Brace is another story. This guy "just can't get right" and imo he had more potential then Pryor.

[/QUOTE]

I think the point that I was trying to make (that you missed) is that we are hurting with our pass rush up the middle. A guy like Fenene was suppossed to cure some of that...it didn't work. A guy like Brace was suppossed to help...he didn't. So as a last resort you hope a guy like Pryor - who has shown flashes of being a very good player could (heavens to betsy) get healthy for once in his career and contribute. We can still win a Super Bowl, but sooner or later our defense is going to really hamper that chance. I was hoping he could help..he can't. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

kinda figured we wouldnt see ballard this year, that injury he suffered looked gruesome.