Pryor Fined for hit on Favre!?!?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

Pryor Fined for hit on Favre!?!?!

Fined $7,500 today. So lame. Troy Aikman even said a couple times that there was nothing at all illegal about that hit, as did just about every media person that has talked about it, except one lady from ESPN (I think) that I've never heard of. Meriweather's hit did deserve a fine, but in my opinion, this was in no way illegal.

It's getting to the point where almost no one (players, announcers, etc), outside of the commish's office , knows what's legal and what's not anymore.

Is it just me? I don't see how Pryor could get fined for his hit. He didn't launch himself. He didn't lead with the helmet, and he hit Favre in the chest!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Pryor Fined for hit on Favre!?!?!

Outrageous. Appeal it.

Why isn't Harrison suspended by the way?

Goodell is a joke.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

The media darling and drama queen (see fetal position) was hit and you don't hit the face of the NFL.

ridiculous 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

I think it's time Kraft and the other owners started getting involved in this issue. That Andersen from the NFL office does't know what he's doing. Kraft should demand an explanation.  The players want someone looking at these plays who know what a legal hit is, not some lawyer who probably never played a day in his like.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsTxGrl. Show PatsTxGrl's posts

This is shameful!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I would appeal and then not pay it.

Not until Harrison is suspended anyway.  And still I am not sure I would pay it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crmn19. Show crmn19's posts

In Response to Pryor Fined for hit on Favre!?!?!:
    [QUOTE]Fined $7,500 today. So lame. Troy Aikman even said a couple times that there was nothing at all illegal about that hit, as did just about every media person that has talked about it, except one lady from ESPN (I think) that I've never heard of. Meriweather's hit did deserve a fine, but in my opinion, this was in no way illegal. It's getting to the point where almost no one (players, announcers, etc), outside of the commish's office , knows what's legal and what's not anymore. Is it just me? I don't see how Pryor could get fined for his hit. He didn't launch himself. He didn't lead with the helmet, and he hit Favre in the chest!
    Posted by tmot1234[/QUOTE]

Yeah that really is a load.  If I recall it, the actual point of impact was pretty much in the vicinity of Favre's right breast, armpit.  That's simply a horrible fine.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

This is outrageous.

FAVRE USES A SOFT CHIN STRAP!!!  HE'S NOT EVEN USING THE BEST CHIN SAFETY EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE!!!

Furthermore, not one ounce of video evidence, nor anything that the refs saw at the time the hit took place, implies that there was ANY helmet to helmet contact.

Appeal it.  I'll donate to a fund for Pryor's defense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Agree with all. Bullshi! call. No way Pryor should be fined for that hit. I think NFL officiating in general $uck$. Even given the chance and 5 days to review tape, they still make a terrible call. Its time for these turkeys to be held accountable. I think head of NFL officiating needs to be sh!tcanned immediately and start hiring officials that know what the hell they are doing. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Bad call...  This is going to make defensive personnel gun shy.  Not good.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

That is completely lame.  Would love to hear an explanation of what he did wrong??? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

A month ago I would have called what I'm about to say hyperbole, but it is looking more and more as if this commisioner is actually trying to legislate hitting completely out of the game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingnut11. Show Wingnut11's posts

Best point of view is around the 1:09 mark
    http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/7195717-brett-farve-injury-video-i-got-hit-very-hard

Textbook tackle, what else was he supposed to do?
    Ridiculous!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I am going to go out on a limb and guess this one will not go over well when other teams, players and fans see this.

There is nothing illegal about that hit at all.    You can't even try to make a case.

Whoever suggested Kraft needs to call Adolf Goodell is absolutely correct.  Despicable.

We see Harrison having tea with Adolf this week negotiating his fines and suspension that hasn't happened yet, and now they take all week to toss out a fine because of a clean hit on the golden boy and his 1945 chin strap?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nepats51. Show nepats51's posts

it is total crap!!!  i feel like finding the commish and knocking sum sense into him, minds well just play flag football!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ponyoto. Show ponyoto's posts

If the QB in question was Schaub or some other back up...then this would not have made any waves. The Commish is really out of his tree with this one.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

NFL Offices

Phone: 1-212-450-2000

Fax: 212 – 681 - 7573

Commisioner’s e-mail:

roger.goodell@nfl.com

Send mail here :

National Football League
    280 Park Avenue
    New York, NY 10017

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Now this is beyond ridiculous, what the F are they thinking up in the offices? Are they out of their respective minds?

If you can fine someone for a legal hit, why wasn't everybody that made a tackle fined this past week, last I checked they made legal tackles as well.

This is stupid...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

WABOC!  What about that hit was illegal???  Everything about it appeared to be textbook.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Thank you Harley, I ve been reading the posts on the NFL website and fans of other teams including Vikings are bu**sh*t about this.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

In Response to Re: Pryor Fined for hit on Favre!?!?!:
    [QUOTE]Now this is beyond ridiculous, what the F are they thinking up in the offices? Are they out of their respective minds? If you can fine someone for a legal hit, why wasn't everybody that made a tackle fined this past week, last I checked they made legal tackles as well. This is stupid...
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

Don't give them any ideas.  They just may start fining every tackle.  Flag football anyone?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]Thank you Harley, I ve been reading the posts on the NFL website and fans of other teams including Vikings are bu**sh*t about this.
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE

Well lets hope there is some type of sense in the front office and this is eliminated on appeal. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

[QUOTE]Thank you Harley, I ve been reading the posts on the NFL website and fans of other teams including Vikings are bu**sh*t about this.
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

you're welcome. everyone on here needs to email the commish and tell him this fine is wrong and to explain why he was fined in the first place

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]NFL Offices Phone: 1-212-450-2000 Fax: 212 – 681 - 7573 Commisioner’s e-mail: roger.goodell@nfl.com Send mail here : National Football League 280 Park Avenue New York, NY 10017
    Posted by harleyroadking[/QUOTE]

Email sent asking for an explanation of what about this hit was illegal. Thanks for the address.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

He won't respond. They have people screening his emails, obviously, and it'll be a canned response.

Sections
Shortcuts