Pryor to Seahawks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Pryor to Seahawks

Raiders QB, Pryor was traded for to the Hawks for a 7th rounder. Seems to be a low risk move for Pete Carroll to give him a developmental QB, provide depth with someone who has incredible athletic skills who will fit a system that employs read option. There is also the possibility Pryor could transition to another position if he can't make it at QB. 

My immediate reaction is Raiders management still has a long way to go for giving up so early and for so little on Pryor and I am surprised the Hawks were able to pry him away for so little without much interest from the rest of the league.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: Pryor to Seahawks

In response to NYC's comment:

Raiders QB, Pryor was traded for to the Hawks for a 7th rounder. Seems to be a low risk move for Pete Carroll to give him a developmental QB, provide depth with someone who has incredible athletic skills who will fit a system that employs read option. There is also the possibility Pryor could transition to another position if he can't make it at QB.

My immediate reaction is Raiders management still has a long way to go for giving up so early and for so little on Pryor and I am surprised the Hawks were able to pry him away for so little without much interest from the rest of the league.

Great trade by the Seahawks! I wanted the Patriots to consider bringing Pryor into the fold. Highly athletic, talented kid. Seattle or the 49ers were the perfect teams for his skill sets. Well worth taking a flier on him, for a 7th round pick. Could eventually be used as a WR or an H-back. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Yep, nice trade for the hawks and the raiders get one step closer to a new GM...as usual

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Pryor to Seahawks - and I can't type anything in the text box

In response to mellymel3's comment:

Yep, nice trade for the hawks and the raiders get one step closer to a new GM...as usual

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

But now I can.  I love this site!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I think this is grand theft and a sweet move by the Seahawks.  Silly move, IMO, by the Raiders.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Why did they even trade for him. He was going to be cut. I guess I'm not as sold on Pryor as everyone else in this thread. He just doesn't pass that "eye test" for me. Vince young-ish. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Are they changing his position?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to NYC's comment:

Great trade by the Seahawks! I wanted the Patriots to consider bringing Pryor into the fold. Highly athletic, talented kid. Seattle or the 49ers were the perfect teams for his skill sets. Well worth taking a flier on him, for a 7th round pick. Could eventually be used as a WR or an H-back. 

What are Pryor's skill set?  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Why does everyone assume that a QB that can't play QB can suddenly play another NFL position at a high level?  Frankly I don't get this trade.  Sure it's just a 7th rounder, but they already have a backup QB.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I could never, ever think of any situation where I would want to take Wilson off the field and put Pryor on the field. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Any harm in taking a flyer for a 7th rounder?  Not sure I see the downside of this.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

There is no downside. But "grand theft"? If the Seahawks waited 12 more hours Pryor would have been released as the Raiders did not want him attending camp on Tuesday. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

There is no downside. But "grand theft"? If the Seahawks waited 12 more hours Pryor would have been released as the Raiders did not want him attending camp on Tuesday. 

[object HTMLDivElement]

if your going to quote me I demand a foot note. Where's that ticket guy when you need him. That's what I thought why waste any draft pick on a guy who was going to be cut.   Lets put it in layman s terms. He got traded for Mr. Irrevelant. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Wilson is now the 3rd highest paid QB on the Seahawks roster.  Imagine that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

And how many 7th round picks are playing in the league?  For an 'irrelevant' pick the S'hawks got a player with a mountain of talent.  So why a 7th rounder versus sign him after he's released?  The question assumes no one else in the league would be interested in him. 

And perhaps 'grand theft' was overstating the case a shade. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Why does everyone assume that a QB that can't play QB can suddenly play another NFL position at a high level?  Frankly I don't get this trade.  Sure it's just a 7th rounder, but they already have a backup QB.

Would you feel comfortable if Tavares Jackson were the Pats' back-up QB??? Pryor makes a lot of sense, in that he should be most effective in the type of offense that Seattle runs. Like Wilson, he can run. Though he doesn't have Wilson's accuracy or ability to read defenses, that could come in time. Unlike Jackson, Pryor still has upside. He's just 24 years old, and could develop into a Randall Cunningham type QB.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Pryor is developmental, except he has great speed, can run and may be able to run an offense consistently when he has stability on the OL. I think Pete Carroll sees something in him and wants to give him the chance to prove himself in an environment that is free of the contaminants of playing for the Raiders. Only then will we know what he can do. Few Mr. Irrelevant's can do what Pryor can do. 

I thought Carroll was acting like BB in trading him for a 7th. This is right out of BB's playbook.

Sections
Shortcuts