Pssst...Spagnuolo is unemployed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Pssst...Spagnuolo is unemployed

I'm not one to toss this stuff around but we've all seen the defense this guy can put together.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Pssst...Spagnuolo is unemployed

In Response to Pssst...Spagnuolo is unemployed:
    [QUOTE] I'm not one to toss this stuff around but we've all seen the defense this guy can put together.
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]
    Would be REAL nice, wouldn't it?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Sign me up. He could be a great dc for us. One question I have is how instrumental was he in the draft selection process for the giants on defense? They arguably have the most dominant front 4 of any team in the league and most of those guys are still leftovers from the giants SB win. Also, would he have the power to recruit fa's who have played for him before? How much power would BB give him? If he has some power to do things his way and a voice with FA and the draft then I like him. If not, then the only guys we would be able to retain would be the patricias of the world. Journeymen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: Pssst...Spagnuolo is unemployed:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Pssst...Spagnuolo is unemployed : Would be REAL nice, wouldn't it?
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Not to mention a sharp stick up the wazoo for our friends from NYC

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]He can stay unemployed.  
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Elaborate

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I like the idea, but since Crennel and Weis left when was the last time we hired some one with previous coordinator experience?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

I can't see it, he runs a much more aggresive D than BB has ever run. But then again BB lovess bringing in players who beat him, maybe the same could be said for coaches

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I like all these ideas, but who really thinks they are suddenly going to change and hire a bunch of retred experienced coaches?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Maybe BB can hire him as a consultant right now for the playoffs.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

BB likes having control of the defense which is why Pepper Johnson and Matt Patricia basically do what BB tells them.  I'd love to have Spagnuolo on board because I have a ton of respect for what he did to us in Super Bowl XLII (and hatred).  I think Spags ends up back in Philly coaching their defense. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lexlib. Show lexlib's posts

i'm hoping we get Spagnuolo. we can use it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I'm in.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rlm140. Show rlm140's posts

In Response to Pssst...Spagnuolo is unemployed:
    [QUOTE] I'm not one to toss this stuff around but we've all seen the defense this guy can put together.
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rlm140. Show rlm140's posts

This is a great opportunity for the Patriots to get someone in there that can square away this defense. BB is a Hall of Fame Coach but he needs  help - The current defensive coaches are just his servants - they do what he tells them - he has too many things on his plate. In addition he is going to lose O'Brien as Offensive coordinator after this season. Get a DC and a Good OC and focus more on a better draft of defensive players.
    RLM140
    Shrewsbury, MA

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

No thanks. His defense gave up more points than the Pats per game. Why exactly do we want him? ...because he had one of the best defensive-lines in recent superbowl memory? How did not having that front 7 work out for him in St Louis? You could say well hey they were ranked 7th against the pass but why even try passing on them when you can just run the ball down their throat since they were ranked 31st against the run giving up more than 150 yards per game on the ground.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]He can stay unemployed.  
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Misery loves company?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Anywho, I would love to have Spagnuolo on board. He always creates defense that apply pressure and are aggressive. I just don't think Bill will add any high-profile guys to his staff. Here's to wishful thinking

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I vote yes.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

He like BB like everyone else NEEDS TALENT... we don't have talent on defense.

Spagnuolo doesn't have a magic wand.

If we draft 2 #1 on defense and get 1 good FA to complement Vince, Mayo, Chung, Carter... they maybe he can do something.

Go pats !!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Sign me up. He could be a great dc for us. One question I have is how instrumental was he in the draft selection process for the giants on defense? They arguably have the most dominant front 4 of any team in the league and most of those guys are still leftovers from the giants SB win. Also, would he have the power to recruit fa's who have played for him before? How much power would BB give him? If he has some power to do things his way and a voice with FA and the draft then I like him. If not, then the only guys we would be able to retain would be the patricias of the world. Journeymen.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

If he has some power to do things his way and a voice with FA and the draft then I like him. If not, then the only guys we would be able to retain would be the patricias of the world. Journeymen.

exactly.

bb needs to get some humility and inner strength and not have a staff where he is the principal and the staff are students. he needs a staff of equals (and not be threatened by it). rely on the collective wisdom of the whole.

kraft seems afraid to approach bb with this. if it happens, hes going to have to come to it on his own.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]He like BB like everyone else NEEDS TALENT... we don't have talent on defense. Spagnuolo doesn't have a magic wand. If we draft 2 #1 on defense and get 1 good FA to complement Vince, Mayo, Chung, Carter... they maybe he can do something.   Go pats !!  
    Posted by auchhhhhhhhhhh[/QUOTE]

agreed auch