Punter

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Re: Punter

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

cant one guy do all the kicking....if Ghost devoted time to it he could handle all of it....use the roster spot on another lineman or wr

[/QUOTE]

Ghost says the motions are so different it would mess up his kicking mechanics! So no!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

You have to bring in a punter.  

If Ghost got injured you'd then have no kickers whatsoever.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Found a list, Kluwe was a good kicker. Got canned because he said something about gay marriage or some such thing? (Please don't turn this into a 400 post thread about politics...)

Chris Kluwe
    Nick Harris
    Reggie Hodges
    Daniel Sepulveda
    Matt Dodge
    Matt Turk
    Jason Baker
    Ben Graham
    Chas Henry
    T.J. Conley
    Ricky Schmitt (K)
    Tom Malone
    Sam Paulescu
    Ryan Tydlacka
    Ryan Donahue
    Daniel Power
    Chris Bryan

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Found a list, Kluwe was a good kicker. Got canned because he said something about gay marriage or some such thing? (Please don't turn this into a 400 post thread about politics...)

Chris Kluwe age 32 4 playoff games
    Punts   623
    Average 44.4
    Nick Harris age 35 no playoffs
    Punts     943
    Average 42.4
    Reggie Hodges age 31 no playoffs
    Punts     320
    Average 41.5
    Patriots ties
    signed 9/4/08
    waived 9/7/08
    10/24/10 68 yard fake punt longest run in NFL history for punter
    Daniel Sepulveda age 30 1 playoff game
    Punts     221
    Average 43.7
    Matt Dodge age 26 no playoffs
    Punts     72
    Average 44.8
    Matt Turk age 45 9 playoff games
    Punts     1,137
    Average 42.3
    3x Pro Bowler
    3x All-Pro
    Jason Baker age 35 6 playoff games
    Punts     794
    Average 42.7
    multiple pro bowl alternate
    Ben Graham age 40 left-footer 8 playoff games
    Punts     467
    Average 44.2
    former Australian rules footballer
    played in super bowl 2008
    Chas Henry age 25 no playoffs
    Punts     82
    Average 44.0
    T.J. Conley age 28 no playoffs
    Punts     92
    Average 42.7
    Ricky Schmitt (K) age 28 no playoffs
    no NFL punts
    Tom Malone age 29 no playoffs
    Patriots ties
    signed 12/20/06
    waived 8/22/07
    signed 9/10/08
    waived 9/15/08
    signed 11/26/08
    waived 5/5/09
    signed 6/1/09
    waived 8/1/09
    Sam Paulescu age 29 no playoffs
    Punts     85
    Average 36.0
    Ryan Tydlacka age 25 no playoffs
    :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-EBqVJ2JRQ
    Ryan Donahue age 25 no playoffs
    Punts     49
    Average 42.7
    Daniel Power age 31 no playoffs
    retired from Rugby to pursue a career in the NFL as punter
    Chris Bryan age 31 no playoffs
    Punts     23
    Average 37.4
    former Australian rules footballer

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Chris Kluwe didn't play this year at all he was cut by the Raiders in training camp but I believe it's most likely no teams wanted him because of his vocal stances.

I can't see BB caring about that if Ryan can't make it.  The Pats would gain millions of fans overnight with that move.

How long has it been for some of those guys on the list have played?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:

Chris Kluwe didn't play this year at all he was cut but the Raiders in training camp but I believe it's most likely no teams wanted him because of his vocal stances.

I can't see BB caring about that if Ryan can't make it.  The Pats would gain millions of fans overnight with that move.

How long has it been for some of those guys on the list have played?

Most of them have played in the last 2 years. Some of them have never played in any NFL games but they have been on rosters. They are all active free agents so they are presumably staying in shape. This time of year there's not a lot of options.

Personally, I would bring in some of the veterans with playoff experience. The last thing we need is a starstruck rookie. I would look at Kluwe, Baker and Graham.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Be interesting to see what BB does.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Was it t,he correct call since a Colts player knocked it through the end zone?  Not that I wanted to give the Colt's the ball on the 20 for a touchback but that's what I thought the correct call should be.

[/QUOTE] It would have been the call had the Colts player ever held the ball but all he did was was knock a Lateral off his helmet through the back of the end zone. The only other call would have been an incomplete pass and Indy ball back at the 48, no points awarded!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Would love to see Kluwe get a shot. If there's a classy owner in the NFL willing to give a guy a shot it's Kraft.

But look for BB to go with a lefty.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Was it t,he correct call since a Colts player knocked it through the end zone?  Not that I wanted to give the Colt's the ball on the 20 for a touchback but that's what I thought the correct call should be.

[/QUOTE] It would have been the call had the Colts player ever held the ball but all he did was was knock a Lateral off his helmet through the back of the end zone. The only other call would have been an incomplete pass and Indy ball back at the 48, no points awarded!

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Bozo.  I thought the Colt's player hit it with his hand but no dif.  I thought they coud have called it an incomplete pass also but that would have been a travesty of justice.

Safety was actually a good result for the Pats under the circumstance.  I'll bet Allen will be coached on that situation to just knock it through the endzone himself.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

My guess is  Allen has an AC joint sprain, possibly a clavicular fracture. Pats are hoping allen can be taped up enough so he can punt..no tackling however.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Bozo.  I thought the Colt's player hit it with his hand but no dif.  I thought they coud have called it an incomplete pass also but that would have been a travesty of justice.

Safety was actually a good result for the Pats under the circumstance.  I'll bet Allen will be coached on that situation to just knock it through the endzone himself.

[/QUOTE] You probably heard me screaming for the kid to just go back and kick the ball through the endzone, it would have saved him from the injury, and the Colts still would have only gotten the safety.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to Shtarka's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My guess is  Allen has an AC joint sprain, possibly a clavicular fracture. Pats are hoping allen can be taped up enough so he can punt..no tackling however.

[/QUOTE] I'm just guessing that BB will bring in three kickers just in case. According to the early reports the MRI might indicate he has an AC joint sprain which could take anywheres from 2 weeks to 6 weeks to heal, and that were he a regular player and not a punter his season would be over.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] You probably heard me screaming for the kid to just go back and kick the ball through the endzone, it would have saved him from the injury, and the Colts still would have only gotten the safety.

[/QUOTE]

Gumbel is actually a smart guy. If that was not Dierdorf's final game would he have pointed out how ridiculous his comments were over the safety in comparison to the ball on the 2 yard line.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Shtarka's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] I'm just guessing that BB will bring in three kickers just in case. According to the early reports the MRI might indicate he has an AC joint sprain which could take anywheres from 2 weeks to 6 weeks to heal, and that were he a regular player and not a punter his season would be over.

[/QUOTE]

pretty good guess...haha

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can boot it about 35 yards.  I can be up in Foxboro by next Sunday

[/QUOTE]

I can boot it about 37 yards, I can be up in Foxboro by next Sunday. Smile

[/QUOTE]

I can't boot it to save my a_ss so I'll leave it up to you two to fight it out.  I'll by the winner a beer. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJEhxOkg8Pg

Tape it up and rub some dirt on it. Also, If the Pats score on every possession, they won't NEED a punter!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Here are two long shots....

Dave Brytus and Garrett Chumley both left footed but inexperienced kickers.

I think Kluwe may be the best short term option... a guy that needs a second chance, could go to the superbowl and was a talented punter. We have enough leaders and Bill's reputation to keep him in line for  the next 4-6 weeks....