PUP. DL decisions on who stays and leaves

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Re: PUP. DL decisions on who stays and leaves

Wright will either retire or go on IR....Faulk will retire....Pats activate both guys off Pup...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In Response to Re: PUP. DL decisions on who stays and leaves:
    BTW I believe what BS11 was saying is that the Pats have redshirted Verreen-you can be on the roster and still be redshirted-it's an expression of speech. Let me spell it out for you-it means the Pats are giving him time to learn the system till he gets it then he either will be productive or not.You might want to switch to soccer or golf, much slower pace for you to figure out. In Response to Re: PUP. DL decisions on who stays and leaves :
    Posted by jimmytantric

Jimmy thanks for dedicating two posts to insulting me! I am flattered! Although both of your posts IGNORED any talk of football at all. You dont respond to my saying Deadererick and Brace can play and will improve the DL. Also the term red-shirt comes from college players. Vereen is NOT being red-shirted he is on the active roster and will play. The bottom line is like I told you earlier, he was injured in camp, fell behind, and is now 4th on the depth chart. What do you want BB to do sit BJGE just so you can see Vereen now? Jimmy it's clear that you are very young (I would guess between 15 - 21) and I dont mean that as an insult. It just means I have forgotten more about the Patriots and football then you have ever known! Now please stop creating 5-6 nonsensical threads a day adn stick to pertinent Pats talk.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In Response to Re: PUP. DL decisions on who stays and leaves : By "redshirt" I meant shove Vereen on IR with groin or hammy or whatever and stash him away until next year.  Pretty common practice in the NFL when there is a roster log jam and you want to keep a kid from getting plucked off waivers. I'd take a healthy 3 time champ and leader like Faulk over a promising rookie for the rest of this year.  Ridley has the young legs, Bennie is the Hammer and Faulk/Woody combo for the rest. Deaderick has off field issues and isn't special enough to coddle.  Average guys don't get a pass.
    Posted by BSII

I agree with  most of what you say. I dont think Vereen will be red shirted though I think he will get some reps when the weather gets cold, or the inevitable injury bug occurs. Also, well agreeing Deaderick should not be coddled. he cna play. He will be the one of our best DL's when he gets back. (if his head is straight and Big Vince has gotten thru to him about being on time to meetings!)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

And if you do rkarp-enlighten us all !!!!!In Response to Re: PUP. DL decisions on who stays and leaves:
    In Response to Re: PUP. DL decisions on who stays and leaves : Jimmy, Leave it be. You have no clue what you are talking about.
    Posted by rkarp

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Quagmire its always nice to hear from the other side-much appreciated. BTW I'M 53. You might be right,but you also might be wrong! Again I will say, against your post, that the Pats have one of the least amount of sacks on the QB in the last 5 years! Stick with what you said about the Pats O-Line being crappy! I dont think so. I appreciate your criticism. But I believe what makes this message board viable is the ability to disagree-to disagree!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

I dont see where Faulk fits without taking snaps away from Woodhead or Ridley. I think at this stage of the game, I prefer the ball in Woodheads hands over Faulk. Does Faulk return kicks and punts? Seems to me if Wright is IR'd it is a spot for another DL. If Faulk returns wouldnt Chad Johnson have to be looked at extremely hard? Add Brace,Deadrick and Faulk. Take away Wright, Ellis and Chad?
    Posted by rkarp

You're kidding right?  Yes, Faulk performed those functions of kick return and put return on occasion though I am not sure he would be the first or even the second choice at this point.  However, the man is a veteran, he knows the system and he was always productive for us in the running game and the passing game out of the back field.  He;'s also very good at the blitz pickup, like BJGE, which for the PATS is essential.  IMO, he's going to split time with Riddley and Woodhead if he comes back.  Its another offensive option that will drive defensive coordinators nuts.  Looking forward to it. 

How soon we forget.  Fans are so fickle.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Not fickle. Faulk lost a step due to injury, and he did not have the speed to lose that step. In a Pats offense, I could see 25-30  rushes depending on the opponent. I envision Benny with 15-18 carries, Woodhead 6-8 carries and Ridley 6-8 carries. Especially true with a lead and running down the clock as we saw last week.
    If the Pats elect to run a screen or draw, I prefer Woodhead over Faulk.
    Yes, I like Faulk in pass protection over any of the other backs mentioned, but on this team, is that enough of a reason for a roster spot?
    I think it is also fair to say with this offense, I prefer ball control, mistake free punt returners. Welker should not be back there IMO....
    Lets face it, on this team, I dont think Faulk is on the roster as the 3rd, 4th or 5th RB. He needs to do more than that to be on the roster.
    I think Ridley has proven his worth, and Vereen has shown enough in practice to warrant a shot if called upon. I dont see "phoney" IR in this situation.

Sections
Shortcuts