PURE SPECULATION?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

PURE SPECULATION?

Ian Rapoport posted this tidbit concerning what he heard from a colleague :
     "I'm told Patriots aren't done either. Could be one more surprise, a league official said, down the pike."

Surprise coming eh ?

At the risk of starting unfounded rumors ~

Anybody care to guess what BB might have up his sleeve ?

( Considering Haynesworth is now a Pat , who knows - even outlandish ones might actually be plausable )

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: PURE SPECULATION?

Manny Lawson?  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

I'll take a stab ~

WELKER IS ABOUT TO BE TRADED .

This one would suck but consider the following :

a) With the addition of #85 , we're a bit heavy at the wr position
    b) Welker's only under contract thru this season
    c) BB's dealt away key wrs before at the end of their contracts
    (Moss/Branch  ) 
    d) Edelman has shown flashes of being able to handle the slot
     ( Not so much last year- but his rookie season )
    e) After bouncing back nicely last season from his injury - I gotta believe Welkers trade value is still pretty high.

OK .
    Personally I'd hate to see it happen ... but I have to admit it's not beyond the realm of possibilty .

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

Moss again

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

I say burress for cheap money

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

The Pats are going to bring in Martin Grammatica to teach Celebration Safety.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfaninswflorida. Show Patsfaninswflorida's posts

CaptFoxboro said:

"I'll take a stab ~

WELKER IS ABOUT TO BE TRADED .

This one would suck but consider the following :

a) With the addition of #85 , we're a bit heavy at the wr position
    b) Welker's only under contract thru this season
    c) BB's dealt away key wrs before at the end of their contracts
    (Moss/Branch  ) 
    d) Edelman has shown flashes of being able to handle the slot
     ( Not so much last year- but his rookie season )
    e) After bouncing back nicely last season from his injury - I gotta believe Welkers trade value is still pretty high."

I Totally agree !

I think you just nailed it.....  I think Edelman is another Welker in the making and he just needs more playing time.  Now Ochocinco is added to Branch, Tate, Hernandez, and this would allow Price to develope further.

Not to mention all of the other targets like Gronkowski, Woodhead, Vereen, etc...

Trading Welker right now when he has decent value makes perfect sense...

Nice call!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from troyl. Show troyl's posts

You're both an idiot -- welker is not going anywhere.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Roth or Lawson would make the most sense as well and adding depth to the OL. Other then that I don't see where there's room on the team to make and additions.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

wow thats not a bad guess.  I would not like to see it happen, but it is impossible the way the Patriots operate.

I don't think its Randy Moss.

I will say its another trade out of no where for a major defensive player, but im not sure who. Osi?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

In Response to Re: PURE SPECULATION?:
    [QUOTE]You're both an idiot -- welker is not going anywhere.
    Posted by troyl[/QUOTE]

really? would u have said that before the patriots traded richard seymour?

welker being traded is exactly the type of move they would make. Something the league values highly and the Patriots could pull another steal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]I'll take a stab ~  WELKER IS ABOUT TO BE TRADED .  This one would suck but consider the following : a) With the addition of #85 , we're a bit heavy at the wr position b) Welker's only under contract thru this season c) BB's dealt away key wrs before at the end of their contracts (Moss/Branch  )  d) Edelman has shown flashes of being able to handle the slot  ( Not so much last year- but his rookie season ) e) After bouncing back nicely last season from his injury - I gotta believe Welkers trade value is still pretty high.  OK . Personally I'd hate to see it happen ... but I have to admit it's not beyond the realm of possibilty .
    Posted by CaptFoxboro[/QUOTE]

I'm going to say no.  Welker stays.  He is far to productive to trade away.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PURE SPECULATION? : really? would u have said that before the patriots traded richard seymour? welker being traded is exactly the type of move they would make. Something the league values highly and the Patriots could pull another steal.
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

Well the big difference is that Seymour was being paid a lot and was starting to turn on the Pats. Welker is signed to a very team friendly deal and we haven't heard of any waves being made.

The value Welker provides, esp now that Johnson is on the team, far out weights what he is being paid (for comparison Brad Smith is going to make more in Buf this year then Welker is going to make).

It's actually the exact opposite that the Pats do. When the Pats trade players it's when a players value reaches or is eclipsed by their contract value/demands but their trade value is still high or when players create a problem through hold-out or in the media. When their value exceeds their contract the Pats never trade the player, even if they present great trade value.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

I put Branch on the bubble.  With his injured past and limited capability, he is less valuable than Welker.  I do not see them cutting either Tate or Price.  These two are the future.  Edleman may have a hard time getting on the field.
    The other possibility would be trade Hoyer and use Edleman as the third quarterback. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Welker being traded is a possibility. As valuable as he is, his skill is somewhat redundant in this offense. Edelman, Hernandez, Branch could fill the role. His 2011 cap savings would be $2.095M. Not a ton, but if we are looking at creating some additional space for Roth/Lawson or whomever, it's not chump change.

I love Welker and would hate to see him go, but I think it is a possibility. I hope it is tied to another player and not for a draft pick unless that is a 2012 1st. Any takers on what he is worth in a trade?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dastardly. Show dastardly's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PURE SPECULATION? : really? would u have said that before the patriots traded richard seymour? welker being traded is exactly the type of move they would make. Something the league values highly and the Patriots could pull another steal.
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

Although I do find the logic in trading Welker for the very same reasons you mentioned, I just don't see it happening anymore.  With these recent acquisitions, it's obvious the Pats want to win now (if not soon).  Trading your #1 receiver at this point makes no sense at all.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfaninswflorida. Show Patsfaninswflorida's posts

Troyl says:

"You're both an idiot -- welker is not going anywhere."

You're a punk....  without a clue...

Welker being traded is a very likely possibility and anyone who cannot see that or calls people an "Idiot" for talking about it, is in fact an idiot himself.

Run along sonny....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

i dont see that... seymour was a hardliner on the business side and was gong to demand big money... and vince was coming up... they knew it was one or the other...

welker seems more team friendly and there is a replacement in place... but what the heck its as good a guess as any...

thye brough in 3 udfa's at the de/olb position but i still think you need depth there... maybe they make a splash with uminyora(trade)... if not roth

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

There will be a log jam at WR, and someone has to go. Can we carry Branch, Welker, CJ, Edelman, Tate, Price...am I missing someone?

how many WR's do we typically carry, and can carry?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to PURE SPECULATION?:
    [QUOTE] Ian Rapoport posted this tidbit concerning what he heard from a colleague :   "I'm told Patriots aren't done either. Could be one more surprise, a league official said, down the pike."  Surprise coming eh ?  At the risk of starting unfounded rumors ~ Anybody care to guess what BB might have up his sleeve ? ( Considering Haynesworth is now a Pat , who knows - even outlandish ones might actually be plausable )
    Posted by CaptFoxboro[/QUOTE]

I saw this too.

I'm riveted to see what they do now

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I say they are bringing in  H.Dahl & trading Mankins to the Bears for a 1st in 2013 &  5th & 6th in 2012

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Edelman isn't even remotely close to Welker

the reads Welker makes, the chemistry he has with Brady, the example he sets as a leader...

I'd say trade Edelman and see what you can get first

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

lifer we typically carry 6-7 WR a season.

So there is enough room to carry Edelman, Tate, Price, Welker, Ocho, Branch, and even Slater if they want to keep him

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wildwillis. Show Wildwillis's posts

If I were to take a guess it would be Matt Roth or Lawson.  I can't see Buress unless they plan to move on from Price (might happen now) Tate/edelman and the tag is already up to 10.5 for 2 years might be a little rich considering we still have to sign a few rooks.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

[QUOTE]The Pats are going to bring in Martin Grammatica to teach Celebration Safety.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Post of the year so far, right here.

Sections
Shortcuts