PURE SPECULATION?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Re: PURE SPECULATION?

I don't see Welker getting traded, he is worth more to them then a draft pick and isn't the type of guy to hold them ransom for a huge contract.

Perhaps an extension for Mankins? Perhaps a Matt Light return? Or something really crazy like trading for DeMarcus Ware?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

i dont see them getting rid of welker at all, as for the pats are not done yet, ive been saying this since last year.....tamba hali is the best and most productive pass rushing olb in the league, the chiefs franchised him, we have 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks in next years draft, use both of them on hali, this will bring anothr sb to new england, and he is only 28yrs old i believe!!! and he plays in a 34.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from townie68. Show townie68's posts

Well according to Mike Reiss on Twitter we just released Ty warren, Kazcur, Crumpler, and a few others. Expensive signing coming?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

something is up as they just cleared almost ten million off the books by cutting Ty Warren , Alge Crumpler and Nick Kazur......Warren (HIP ) and Alge ( shoulder) were both still hurt and Kazur refused to take a paycut...........BB is up to something!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

If you're gonna dream, dream big... Osi Umenyiora?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

In Response to Re: PURE SPECULATION?:
    [QUOTE]The Pats are going to bring in Martin Grammatica to teach Celebration Safety.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

lmao - you win!  Thanks for the laugh.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

I would love for them to sign lb Matt Roth!!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

And once again Prairie Mike nails it without referring to Bitchburgh or Green New Jersey. Highlight of my weekend.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Ty Warren?....now I'm confused. They better resign GWarren if that is the case. Man, this season is nerve racking.

Ok, I'll move off of trading Welker. I agree with most of you on his value to our team vs. what we could get in return. I personally would rather have him over Edelman if it came down to it.

I don't see us going after Demarcus Ware. No way he gets traded. Too valuable to the Cowboys and they are already somewhat depleted in the front 7, especially along the line.

I'm still surprised by TWarren. Didn't he just say he was feeling 100%? Why would we want to get rid of him? He was poised to have a good year if he was healthy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

The biggest splash would be either Asamugha (not likely or relevant) og Osi....
    We do you love Roth that much?? Is he that good?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfaninswflorida. Show Patsfaninswflorida's posts

[QUOTE]Ty Warren?....now I'm confused. They better resign GWarren if that is the case. Man, this season is nerve racking. Ok, I'll move off of trading Welker. I agree with most of you on his value to our team vs. what we could get in return. I personally would rather have him over Edelman if it came down to it. I don't see us going after Demarcus Ware. No way he gets traded. Too valuable to the Cowboys and they are already somewhat depleted in the front 7, especially along the line. I'm still surprised by TWarren. Didn't he just say he was feeling 100%? Why would we want to get rid of him? He was poised to have a good year if he was healthy.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

Looks like he failed his conditioning test..

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1091/ty-warren

If that's the case then BB had good reason to punt him...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

I wonder if Mankins might be traded? Yesterday I would have said no, but after all the veteran releases....?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Can someone answer me this question....I see we saved about $200k by cutting Warren, but still are on the hook for $5M against the cap. is this number forgived, or is it just future year money owed, like what he would have made or counted against the cap in 2012?

if we want to be really bold, perhaps we trade Bodden, and use that money in combo with Alge, Kaczur and Warren's and pick up both Aso and Roth.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I think Roth is good, but not great. he would be good on this team I believe. My bet is that Rob Ryan down in Dallas has already spoken with him, and we might see him playing for the Cowboys..just a guess...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PURE SPECULATION? : really? would u have said that before the patriots traded richard seymour? welker being traded is exactly the type of move they would make. Something the league values highly and the Patriots could pull another steal.
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

Or Mike Vrabel, as much a Patriot as anyone.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeFoyFan. Show JoeFoyFan's posts

The surprise will be RB Ricky Williams!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Well we dumped Ty Warren and the rumor is we are switching to a 43.

Hard to believe and I myself don't quite believe this to be true but we did just make more cap room and IMO, if we go out and get Osi then the switch is almost a guerantee.

IMO, this could work because Cunningham was originally a 43 DE in college, he could play that here.

Mayo and Guyton are most definitelly fast enough to play OLB in a 43 and Spikes could be the ILB.

Would I like to see it happen? Only if we acquire Osi. IMO, Big vince and Fat Albert( when motivated ) would be the most dominant DT duo in the league in a 43.

I would also love to see us grab Manny Lawson/Matt Roth and/or resign Mankins to a long term deal( which would in turn create more cap space as well)

The latter is a closer possibility in my opinion.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Braylon Edwards and Shaun Ellis from Jets to Pats. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I didn't see any rumors we are switching our base defense. if by rumor you mean what Ty said about moving in a different direction, I just think it was a nice way for the Pats to say, "thanks, but no thanks, have a nice life...". If you have anything concrete, please send along.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Welker for a DE & or a 2nd rnder would be SO Belichickian. Edelman IS Welker. Bill & Wes might have butted heads after the whole "foot soldier" incident last January...Somebody has to go. Edelman is ready.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

What time can we start wheeling and dealing? I read it was 6pm eastern?...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

[QUOTE]Well we dumped Ty Warren and the rumor is we are switching to a 43. Hard to believe and I myself don't quite believe this to be true but we did just make more cap room and IMO, if we go out and get Osi then the switch is almost a guerantee. IMO, this could work because Cunningham was originally a 43 DE in college, he could play that here. Mayo and Guyton are most definitelly fast enough to play OLB in a 43 and Spikes could be the ILB. Would I like to see it happen? Only if we acquire Osi. IMO, Big vince and Fat Albert( when motivated ) would be the most dominant DT duo in the league in a 43. I would also love to see us grab Manny Lawson/Matt Roth and/or resign Mankins to a long term deal( which would in turn create more cap space as well) The latter is a closer possibility in my opinion.
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

Do you really think BB would chose now to switch to a 4-3 w/no offseason & now zero 2-a-days to prepare....Gimme a break!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I can't see Welker getting the boot as long as he continues to toe the line.  He has a foothold as the Pat's primary possession reciever.  I think he's a shoe in to be back :) 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Steve Smith , carolina!!!!!! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

[QUOTE]Steve Smith , carolina!!!!!! 
    Posted by NEGAME2[/QUOTE]

Do you think we need another WR?

Sections
Shortcuts