PURE SPECULATION?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gallese. Show Gallese's posts

Re: PURE SPECULATION?

In Response to Re: PURE SPECULATION?:
    The Pats are going to bring in Martin Grammatica to teach Celebration Safety.
    Posted by p-mike

GOOD ONE!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Welker for a DE & or a 2nd rnder would be SO Belichickian. Edelman IS Welker. Bill & Wes might have butted heads after the whole "foot soldier" incident last January...Somebody has to go. Edelman is ready.
    Posted by Red-Doc-Redemption

Really? Edelman is Welker? So Edelman has 3 100+ catch and 1,000+ yard seasons? Edelman has the franchise record for receptions? Because the Edelman I saw last year had a hard time hanging onto the ball. He has a good skill set and is similar to Welker in makeup, but he is NOT Welker.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

In Response to Re: PURE SPECULATION? : Do you really think BB would chose now to switch to a 4-3 w/no offseason & now zero 2-a-days to prepare....Gimme a break!
    Posted by Red-Doc-Redemption

Like I said, I don't believe we would make the switch, its just that I read that we might and IMO it made some sense to me.

PURE SPECULATION is the name of the thread and I threw in my thoughts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmassgreg. Show wmassgreg's posts

Braylon Edwards and Shaun Ellis from Jets to Pats. 
    Posted by TexasPat3

F**K BRAYLON EDWARDS!!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

patriots are going to cut meriweather and bodden and then sign asamugha and run a 4-4-3 defense with chung as the only safety... hehe

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PMacPatFan. Show PMacPatFan's posts

Looks like Jets are out of the running for Asomugha!!

Nice!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i wonder if BB is clearing the decks to go after a franchise player? maybe he can work out a trade with kansas city for the rights to tamba hali, for example. KC does not like to give out big time contracts (they had the 2nd lowest player sallaries last year after the bucs). i know there is a ceiling now but that doesnt mean they are going to be happy about giving a player $12 mil for one year. or maybe woodley? steelers always let their high priced players walk and they have been drfting LB's with high picks the past few years. this is all purely speculation of course, but BB has the picks and the cap space now to do something like this. 

i dont know if rappaport's info is actually correct, but i wouldnt put signing roth or lawson or giving mankins a long term deal a surprise. this sounded like something out of left field, and i think the past 2 days have taught us to expect anything at this point.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasPat. Show DallasPat's posts

With Nnamdi going to the eagles, look for Asante coming back in a trade.  BB and Reid are good friends, and the eagles wont be able to sign him after next year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

my undertanding is that based on the new CBA, the warren money will be considered "dead" money for this season and the cap hit will happen for next season. so the cuts today cleared an additional $10 mil of cap space for 2011. 

my guess is crumpler comes back at a reduced rate between the 2nd and 3rd preseason games. we still have to sign our RFA's and top 3 draft picks plus light, so not sure where we will be after that. but it certainly looks like there will be space available to pick up a few 3rd tier free agents (along the lines of roth, lawson, etc) or maybe one big fish? things have certainly been exciting....

Can someone answer me this question....I see we saved about $200k by cutting Warren, but still are on the hook for $5M against the cap. is this number forgived, or is it just future year money owed, like what he would have made or counted against the cap in 2012? if we want to be really bold, perhaps we trade Bodden, and use that money in combo with Alge, Kaczur and Warren's and pick up both Aso and Roth.
    Posted by PatsLifer

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

the eagles are preparing for a superbowl run. i doubt they are going to let asante go.
    i wonder if dallas and the jets get into a bidding war for cromartie now??

With Nnamdi going to the eagles, look for Asante coming back in a trade.  BB and Reid are good friends, and the eagles wont be able to sign him after next year.
    Posted by DallasPat

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Braylon Edwards and Shaun Ellis from Jets to Pats. 
    Posted by TexasPat3

not sure we need Edwards, but Ellis would be cool :-)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

Roth

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

roth and lawson,

Sections
Shortcuts