Pure speculation:Tebow

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Pure speculation:Tebow

Does any one think when the Jests are blown up and he is released that B.B./McDaniel would be interested in him as a football player;i.e. running back/ tight end/special teams etc.?  He would not create any distractions for the PATS IMO.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Pure speculation:Tebow

No the guy has no future in Pro Football unless he becomes an analyst.  

He's not fast, not overly strong, has no skills whatsoever...  funny how we can get 30 threads discussing how all of OUR players sux, but we still get numerous threads wondering if we can capitalize on other team's worst players.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

You serious? 

You think BB and McDaniels would cut someone to add Tebow to two positions of strength? 

Ridley, Vereen, Woodhead AND, in case we all forgot, Bolden make up our RB corps. Does it look like we need Tim Tebow? 

And TE? With Gronkowski, Hernandez, Shaincoe, Fells AND Ballard? 

Seriously? Is this serious? 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Call me when Tebow can rush the passer. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

No. Not much more I can add beacuse the above post pretty much says it all. What exactly is the fixation with this dude?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I feel bad for Tim Tebow in certain respects.  All he wants to do is play football.  He's a decent enough guy and solid teammate...yet he has been nothing but cra*ped on by his teammates and coaches.

That said...he should be using ALL his downtime working with a passing coach.  It's not like he can't throw the ball down the field well.  He's pretty darn accurate and has made some really tough throws.  He needs to get better at short and intermediate passes.  If I were him, I'd be trying to get better every chance I had.

Someone will eventually give him a chance...if he does the work mentioned above, I think he'd be a pleasant surprise.

As far as the Pats...heck no.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's not fast, not overly strong, has no skills whatsoever...  funny how we can get 30 threads discussing how all of OUR players sux, but we still get numerous threads wondering if we can capitalize on other team's worst players.

[/QUOTE]

He's not fast, or strong? You ever see this guy run the ball? He may suck as aQB, but I can assure you he can break tackles better than BJGE ever dreamed of and he's faster than him too. 

I really don't know what this guy will be, but if he could catch he at the very least would be a good h back.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nailed it.  By the way, Tebow will create a huge distraction wherever he goes.  His media attention was absolute poison to the jets this offseason.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's not fast, or strong? You ever see this guy run the ball? He may suck as aQB, but I can assure you he can break tackles better than BJGE ever dreamed of and he's faster than him too. 

I really don't know what this guy will be, but if he could catch he at the very least would be a good h back.

[/QUOTE]

Google is your friend...

Tim Tebow ran a 4.71 40 yard, Benny ran a 4.6. Tebow is 240 and benched 27 reps, Benny is 215 and benched 24 reps. Soooo...the legend of Tebow continues. 

Tebow isn't particulary quick or bright either...so, yeah. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

unfortuntately, coaches sometimes are emotionally attached to certain players. Sometimes, they will try to bring on former players or players who have a reputation that fit a mold. Wasn't it McD who brought both Lloyd and Salas on board? Wasn't it BB who brought on Ocho, Seau, Haynesworth, Dillon, ect...

Sometimes it works out, sometimes it don't.

I don't think Tebow has a role with the Patriots in general. He may be a jack of all trades, but not good enough in a particular aspect to keep him on a team. The only position that I can think of where he might have a role is as a FB - but, if the Patriots are going to go that route...I'd rather get a FB who excels w/ blocking, can pick up short yards, and can mebbe catch a lil.

However, I don't think anyone can criticize his heart and desire to play.  Problem is that heart and desire isn't the only thing players need. Ultimately, they need talent and can perform.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Tim Tebow ran a 4.71 40 yard, Benny ran a 4.6. Tebow is 240 and benched 27 reps, Benny is 215 and benched 24 reps. Soooo...the legend of Tebow continues. 

[/QUOTE]

I'll agree the Tebow isn't paticularly quick but how do you get off insulting the guy saying he's not bright either. I'm not a fan of Tebow but not a doubter either. The guy won two national championships at QB for Florida so I would assume he has to be fairly intelligent.

Hetch 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I think he could be a serviceable H-back/fullback in the right system. Could run the wildcat now and then in certain situations and be successful. I could see him on a team like the 49ers in that type of role. 

I'm not sure he'd be interested in that type of role, and I don't think he'd be a fit in New England.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'll agree the Tebow isn't paticularly quick but how do you get off insulting the guy saying he's not bright either. I'm not a fan of Tebow but not a doubter either. The guy won two national championships at QB for Florida so I would assume he has to be fairly intelligent.

Hetch 

[/QUOTE]

Who's insulting him? He scored a 22 on his Wonderlic, that's the epitome of average intelligence. Can't give you a direct translation in terms of IQ, but he's a double digit guy. 

Also, it's already been said that Tebow can't read a defense to save his life. Belichick knew that and that's why he didn't disguise his coverages when he faced him last year. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

When used as an actual RB this year and not as a QB who drops back and then runs Tebow has a 3ypc average, much lower the BJGE. We currently have a RB stable much better then BJGE so why would we want to go backwards and bring in Tebow?

Tebow is a great person but as a football player he's a JAG and a gimmick. I still don't understand the absolute love for Tebow when he hasn't proven anything other then Den had a great D and a great kicker last year

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

LOL. C'mon man.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

I think that KC may need another so so QB. haha

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The distraction he brings to a team is part of the problem.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to Rodimus77's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No. Not much more I can add beacuse the above post pretty much says it all. What exactly is the fixation with this dude?

[/QUOTE]

no fixation. McDaniel drafted him and B.B. interviewed I believe. I'm not a fan of his .Just wonderinG.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to anonymis's comment:
    [QUOTE]

unfortuntately, coaches sometimes are emotionally attached to certain players. Sometimes, they will try to bring on former players or players who have a reputation that fit a mold. Wasn't it McD who brought both Lloyd and Salas on board? Wasn't it BB who brought on Ocho, Seau, Haynesworth, Dillon, ect...

Sometimes it works out, sometimes it don't.

I don't think Tebow has a role with the Patriots in general. He may be a jack of all trades, but not good enough in a particular aspect to keep him on a team. The only position that I can think of where he might have a role is as a FB - but, if the Patriots are going to go that route...I'd rather get a FB who excels w/ blocking, can pick up short yards, and can mebbe catch a lil.

However, I don't think anyone can criticize his heart and desire to play.  Problem is that heart and desire isn't the only thing players need. Ultimately, they need talent and can perform.

[/QUOTE]

thanks for the toughtful post.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Google is your friend...

[/QUOTE]

So he is the same speed as Hernandez and the same weight and he's faster than Gronkowski.  

Tebow really must be the greatest of all time, an absolute legend.  Not only did this guy make his HS football team, and a top SEC team but he won 2 national championships and a Heisman all without being able to throw, run, not being strong, and not being bright.  He's as athletic as Kraft.  Personally I don't want him and the circus but I'm just amazed that a guy with zero talent ever did those things.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[/QUOTE]

Hetch 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Google is your friend...

[/QUOTE]

So he is the same speed as Hernandez and the same weight and he's faster than Gronkowski.  

Tebow really must be the greatest of all time, an absolute legend.  Not only did this guy make his HS football team, and a top SEC team but he won 2 national championships and a Heisman all without being able to throw, run, not being strong, and not being bright.  He's as athletic as Kraft.  Personally I don't want him and the circus but I'm just amazed that a guy with zero talent ever did those things.

[/QUOTE]

Not nearly as fast or agile as Hernandez.  The list of overrated Florida QB's is large, moreover the overwhelming talent in South Florida and at Florida programs makes a QB's job substantially easier.  The list of great college players who couldn't jump to the next level is even larger. 

If the guy wanted to play special teams, and fullback and could block like a fullback he might be able to carve out a niche on a team but apparently god has instructed him he is a QB and nothing else.