Purely as a RECEIVER, would you take MOSS over TO at their peak?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

Purely as a RECEIVER, would you take MOSS over TO at their peak?

if you had to pick one purely as a receiver, which one do you take? for our purposes, i want us to minimize or avoid the personality aspect and the backstage-lockerroom and contract stuff. also, assume for a second they were both free agents and at same AGE. at his peak, TO is great at all routes, big and strong, tough to tackle and press at the line of scrimmage. his hands can be suspect as he goes through phases of the dropsies. he commands all kinds of defensive attention in all areas of the field from both the right and left sides of the line and like moss, is a stud BLOCKER in the run game. i will however give an edge in these last 2 points. in the hands of a master schemer like Belichick, TO would be lining up as a TE in some formations and as a way to put extra pressure on the defense. go with 4 wides plus a TO at TE. or a faulk with 3 wides with a TO at TE in some formations. 

Mossy on the other hand, has a slighter build and does a great job accepting the limitations of that biological and physical fact as a receiver.  he is by far the greatest flanker in the history of football. Rice will always have the edge on him and TO regardless of how many statistics he ends up with or records broken. moss clearly has better hands than TO, can far outleap him in going for the ball and is far better at laying out going out of bounds (as he did against the jets last year on that last sec pass from CASSEL). i would say at both their peaks, defenders have had far more fear from moss. once he escapes any initial bump from the line of scrimmage, he could possibly catch anything thrown to him or simply outrun any coverage. as he loses his speed or explosiveness, moss could quickly fade overnight just like joey galloway did. on the field, TO's insistence on rattling his qb by demandg the ball in every scenario makes him lose points for it risks winning. moss is more of a passive-aggressive type. as a qb, i would prefer that more than a guy constantly in my ear esp after i just threw an INT. 

its very close, but after al is said and done, i would take mr. moss! moss could play anywhere with anyone at anytime. TO... not so much. first u need a moss, for a TO to maximize himself. Moss doesnt really need anyone. he gets triple coverage just by lining up. guys here talking about him dogging it crack me up, because the defenses certainly NEVER take a play off in relation to him "dogging" it. TO is more like a playmaker in the mode of Michael Irvin or a bigger version of wes welker, moss is more like a HR hitter. he's a constant threat to take it to the house on any play regardless of the defense being played. TO's physicality has its place. moss can sometimes be too soft which can make your team a bit too soft. frankly, thats the problem with the pats this year. a stallworth was able to smack someone in the head and outphysicalizing safeties in getting to a ball or stiff arming them after the catch. only aiken and maroney (possibly Baker) even come close to being able to do that on this team and neither are really featured players in the passing game. 

i would hope the pats keep their options open after the season for it would be something if Belichick could have welker, TO and moss all together for only ONE year (wont be healthy beyond that). 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-SPIKER. Show KOOLAID-SPIKER's posts

Re: Purely as a RECEIVER, would you take MOSS over TO at their peak?

Sorry dude, but overall I must roll with TO! His physique has allowed him to go everywhere on the field and he loves physical contact. If he were a Patriot with Brady doing the throwing, he would be easily superior to Moss and the Kool Aid minions would be cheering for him all day just as they once did in Philly and SF!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

At Moss' best, he was running by you whether you liked it or not.

He also had leaping ability before they cracked down on offensive pass interference and decided that refs and not players should decide the key plays in a game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Your poll should have said: Moss or TO

You didn't ask a yes or no question...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Yes or No? What is that ? Moss all the way. Faster, Better hands, A TD machine. More 1000yrd seasons, more TDs(with less time in the league, TO has two yrs on him), Moss has had more big games(at least a 100yrd in a game, 51 TO, compared to 67 for the freak). Also compare the QB's throwing to them, Owens has had Mcnabb, Garcia, Romo,, Young, for the majority of his. Yea 81 has Brady, but lets not forget that Moss has caught Over a 100 from scrub-buckets like Jeff George, Matt Cassell, Gus Frerotte, Old(im talking drewling cup old) Randell Cunningham, Kerry Collins, Aaron Brooks, Andrew Walter, Marcus ISUCKO, N lets not forget about Daunte(53 fumbles in 68 games). Owens is a great rec. , but Randy catches more TD's at a redonkulios pace.(again Moss has more TD's w/ two less yrs!) And he'll actually catch the ball. Im not sure how much weight this next point holds, but we will never see a Moss again, while I already see Owens in the form of Marshell, both Johnsons, Q , a Edwards, etc. And Im sorry I know alot of wideouts get doubled, but no where near the amount that Randy does not even close. Larry Fitz. had a great post season last year, but was not doubled anywhere near the amount Randy wiil foe even a reg. season game. The Bills will double 81 way more this week, if they dont 135yrds TD..write that down!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

I don't think it is even close. Moss in his prime is probably the most dominate player, in term of influence of the game, the game has ever seen at the WR position. However, both are great. TO doesn't have the hands Moss has, in fact, he has subpar hands compare to the best WRs, and he also doesn't have the speed and jumpball ability. Tho he is a better route runner and is tougher after the catch. Moss is definitely more unstoppable than TO in between the 20s and is better at the redzone (TO is one of the better one at it but still not as good).

I can only image what Moss can do if he played with Brady during his prime. As good as Moss was in 2007, he was definitely a step slower than he was in Minni.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

TO for me.  big and fast and plays hard all the time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG7LmToiiDw

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Moss has much better hands. TO is up there with the league leaders in drops.