Put Mallett In The Mix,

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Put Mallett In The Mix,

We Might Get Two More 2nd Round Picks, Boston Strong...Smile.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

Re: Put Mallett In The Mix,

I don't think Mallets going anywhere but another 2nd round pick would be great as long as he doesn't trade it for a 4th and a 5th

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

If Manuel is a 15 pick then Mallet should be a top 5! I wouldn't take less than a second or very early 3rd for Mallet. IMO he's better than any of these guys this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

The Patriots got a #2 for Matt Cassel; who had a body of professional work, going 11-5 the prior season.

Yes, Mallett is worth something......but not as much as some people think. Having additional picks may open up options, but I still think that the Patriots will keep Mallett this year - and make a trade next year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Mallet worth second rounder......keep him otherwise

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Only team I see in play in the second round would be the Cardinals at #6 for Mallett.  I think it would take more than just a second rounder for BB to part with Mallett.  There is still plenty of talent in round 2 and 3 and with 4 picks a good day. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well, if you manage to get a second for Mallett now (which probably won't happen) you know we will turn around and use a third or fourth on another QB this year. So really you'd be trading Mallett and a fourth/3rd for a second.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

mthurl maybe you are right, but maybe they like Kafka enough to ride that as the backup this year.

I don't think Mallet will get traded. If he does it will be after the 2nd round unfolds and it could be for a 3 this year and a 3 or 4th conditional next year (2nd or 3rd depending on how much he plays)....

I think Pats will showcase him in Pre-season this year and see if they can trade him early this year or before next year's draft.

I see him as more seasoned than a college QB (knows the speed of NFL and has training on prep from Brady and BB) and I definately think he is better than all remaining QB's except maybe the kid from Syracuse. But I don't think he is a sexy pick for a franchise that needs to satisfy their fan base. Also, I think BB will not give him away and has a value for him, if the other team meets that value then BAM he gets traded... if not he is a Pat for one or two more years.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

I wouldn't be surprised if they got a third and say a second next year, or some other combination of 2014 picks.

And if they got that, I think they would trade their 29th pick in the third and one of their 2nd rounders to move higher in the 2nd this year.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Honestly, I didn't actually believe Buffalo would do it (with EJ Manuel)...but after that, I don't see how someone can argue that Mallet isn't worth a 2nd in some teams eyes. He was more highly praised than any of the QBs in this draft, and maturity/drug issues are why he fell. He was projected by many to be the 2nd QB pick after Cam Newton in that draft. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Don't put Mallett in the mix, keep him.  Let him play the entire preseason and put up a decent showing, there's always the next draft and we need a decent back up should the worst occur.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Keep him to take over in 2015. Brady isn't playing forever. Or do you want them to be like the Celtics who never seem to understand that you can't win with AARP members?

Sections
Shortcuts