Re: Put Talib on Graham W/Help?
posted at 10/12/2013 3:36 PM EDT
In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
You said Robinson didn't make the team, though. He played 2 games and got hurt. lol
Smith, you said he wasn't very good in the 3-4 which is what I predicted with him and your whole team in a 3-4 for Ryan anyway. There are enough people here who saw my analysis on your team, who will remember that. Then, he got hurt in preseason.
Stop acting like you couldn't use Smith in your 4-3 right now. Galette is a good player, but all that did was thin your line down.
You can come back here later in the year and tell me I am wrong, but your depth is weak on your team and it will cost your D. You'll see. Cameron Jordan is solid, but he's not really ascending as an elite player to this point. Rob Ryan goes like a bat out of hell with his Ds every year and every year they start hot and fade. Oakland, Cleveland, Dallas. Go look at how those Ds started every year and then what happened as the year went on.
Our O Line and D Line is far superior to what you saw last week in Chicago, too. That's sort of my point. I think you got giddy last week and the Bears are in real trouble. Overrated, Cutler sucks and is out of CHicago next year. The 0-5 crap Giants almost beat them.
Melton and Collins then down for Chicago's DT spot, which made it easier on your run game.
We'll take Patrick Robinson here next year and him to our mix. He was your best CB last year, by the way.
Jabari Greer had a poor game last week, too.
Fully aware of the 2009 game down in NOs. Trust when I tell you that was the weakest NE has ever been. Congrats, but we all saw it coming. NOs was SB built, we were transitioning and selling off parts to rebuild on the fly in 2010, 2011 etc, which we've done.
The reason why you won't win a SB this year is because Loomis cut corners in his teambuild. Yep. You swapped out way too many players in 2011, 2012 and again this year, which hurts continuity. Big mistake. That's why your D was so awful last year. He didn't have players to promote from within, so he went shopping, overpaid for too many new players, and that weakens your overall roster and depth.
Your drafts have been weak or uneven since 2009 and BB fleeced Loomis in 2011 when he baited Loomis on Mark Ingram. You traded up and took a disappointment now in the NFL with tons of miles and a VERY LARGE O LIne for Ingram at Bama. It's why Trent Richardson is overrated now for Indy. Grigson just got fleeced by Lombardi.
Anyway, you're a diehard fan, as long as you aren't lying about being a fan from the late 60s onward.
As I said, I never said that Robinson never made the team. I said he lost his starting spot to Keenan Lewis.
As for Gallette, he is an outstanding OLB. Not sure where you are trying to go with his affect in the 4-3. As I may have mentioned, Ryan has been lining up in the base 3-4 only 25% of the time, but that doe not mean that the other 75% has been the 4-3. The 3-3-5, 2-4-5 and the 4-2-5 have been used very often.
As for depth, it is outstanding. I have no idea where you are getting the impression that it is shallow. The Saints have weathered several injuries through the first five games that have forced that depth into play and they have accomplished five wins in five games. The team is now getting healthy and the depth is greater than ever. In fact, I would say that this is the one of the deepest rosters the Saints have had from top to bottom that I have seen ever. Once again, you are displaying how little you know about your opponent.
HAHAHAHA!!!! Patrick Robinson was the Saints best CB last year? LOL!!! My Gawd, you absolutely have no clue.
You also have no clue what you are talking about concerning the Saints defense last season. Name the players that Loomis supposedly "overpaid" for last year. The defense was awful because they had all been drafted to play in Gregg Williams aggressive hybrid 4-3/3-4 with a man coverage. Spagnuolo came in, with no way for Payton to hamper the moves, with a fulltime 4-3 and zone coverage. Talk about misuse of personnel. To anyone with a real knowledge of the game it was obvious the problem was scheme not personnel.
As for the defense this season, Cam Jordan is leading the league in QB pressure by a 3-4 DE, comfotably leading JJ Watt of Houston. Jordan is the real thing, as is Jr. Gallette at the Jack. Kenny Vaccaro is proving himself to be an absolute stud moving all around the Ryan defense.
Once again, you insist on trying to disrespect by backhandedly questioning my following of the Saints. I moved to Louisiana in the Summer of 1967 when my father was transfered with the USAF. I was nine at the time. I soon discovered my new state was getting its own team that year and I naturally became a fan immediately and have been ever since. I am 56 years old, by the way.