Put Your Stake in the Ground: Pats 2009 Record?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Put Your Stake in the Ground: Pats 2009 Record?

To suggest the Pats are failing is to not understand their mission. BB's charter under Kraft is to field a continuously competitive team...one that's built to last and avoid the 6-10 years between the 10-6 years. Very, very few fans have had the luxury that Pats fans have had the past several years. Even Pit went 6-10. Do you want to experience that? Give me a chance to go 10-6 or 11-5 every year, despite how ugly the losses are and I'll be happy.

That said, I drank a bit too much Kool Aid and said they'd be 12-4. Barring further catastrophic injuries (which is a complete unknown for any team) I now think 11-5. Hardly "sky is falling" territory. Losses will come to NYJ (already), BAL, MIA, IND, NO. Like previous Pats teams, they'll win one of these surprisingly and lose to a team I've not listed here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SchaeferBleachers. Show SchaeferBleachers's posts

Re: Put Your Stake in the Ground: Pats 2009 Record?

Maybe 10-6

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Geez, doesn't anyone have the guts to vote?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

i still think 12-4 is realistic.... just got to get the offense right

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

14-2...  BRING IT.......... BICHEZ

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsSoxfan401a. Show PatsSoxfan401a's posts

11-5 is doable.....but the schedule is very tough...they may win 12 ..Depends on health of Welker....
    The Pats need to go more screens and power running game to take the heat off Brady...

If they don't make some changes to the offensive game plan....O'brien will be gone soon.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Going-the-Distance. Show Going-the-Distance's posts

i thought 11-5 at the beginning of the season...i'll stick with that

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agentcooper. Show agentcooper's posts

12-4. Cause for concern. Last year, defense looked old and it's being addressed this year (hindsight, of course, but why didn't we use last year to "re-build") and this year, the offense looks "old." Good news is drafting two offensive lineman, edelman, but after that....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

15-1 You heard it here first!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

12 - 4 will be the record in the end... In the first two games we did not see a full scale breakdown of the team for an entire game.  The moments are there that they are good and will only get better.  You think the team accepts where they are?  On the whole, they are p*s*ed!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I'm going 11-5. Think they will pull it together but may take some early losses. I see the Jets winning the division but the Pats making a late push and claiming the wild card this year at 11-5. Too early to make any playoff predictions. :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

In Response to Put Your Stake in the Ground: Pats 2009 Record?:
    [QUOTE]To suggest the Pats are failing is to not understand their mission. BB's charter under Kraft is to field a continuously competitive team...one that's built to last and avoid the 6-10 years between the 10-6 years. Very, very few fans have had the luxury that Pats fans have had the past several years. Even Pit went 6-10. Do you want to experience that? Give me a chance to go 10-6 or 11-5 every year, despite how ugly the losses are and I'll be happy. That said, I drank a bit too much Kool Aid and said they'd be 12-4. Barring further catastrophic injuries (which is a complete unknown for any team) I now think 11-5. Hardly "sky is falling" territory. Losses will come to NYJ (already), BAL, MIA, IND, NO. Like previous Pats teams, they'll win one of these surprisingly and lose to a team I've not listed here.
    Posted by seattlemaslow[/QUOTE]

As of today I think 10-6 but can't see any better than 11-5 unless there is a dramatic improvement on both sides of the ball. Right now there are three teams on the schedule that will give us fits (Baltimore, New Olreans, Indy) and a few other games that are no gifts (NYJ's again, Miami which is always tough) so that's possibly 5 losses there already

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Put Your Stake in the Ground: Pats 2009 Record?:
    [QUOTE]15-1 You heard it here first!
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Give me a break.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Put Your Stake in the Ground: Pats 2009 Record?:
    [QUOTE]12-4 Tom and the receivers work out the kinks, and the defense jells as the season progresses.
    Posted by Encinitas[/QUOTE]

This defense has a lot of jelling to do.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

jello it is..........12-4

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHILZONE686. Show PHILZONE686's posts

12-4 is as low as I will go, do people really think that this team will be unable to beat good teams at home??  Does anyone really believe that what we saw from the O is the best it will be the rest of ther year??  Have some faith in the best coach and qb combo in the history of the NFL.  The D is already looking quite solid without Mayo for all but 3 plays so far this season.  I think that BB learned from 07' and will have this team peaking at the right time of year this time around.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

10-6, winning the division 4th seed

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrackerEd. Show TrackerEd's posts

I'm thinking 16-0 and Tom gives birth to his own baby.

Have any of you actually watched these games?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Well, they don't look very good so far, but I fully expect them to win the division. 10-6 should accomplish that, but the juggernaut offense that was supposed to carry the reconstructed defense early in the season . . .    isn't . . .  although the defense (but not the pass rush itself) appears more staunch than originally expected. We should see a lot more nail-biters this season, which will be a nice dose of reality for some of our newer legions.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rickster6662000. Show Rickster6662000's posts

At worst 8-8 and at best 10-6...I think 9-7....and voted so. Not the worst thing in the world. So chances of making playoffs look slim currently but if they somehow manage that watch out

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Update: As of 3:18 Pacific time, only 12.5% think the sky is falling (9-7 or worse).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaMaddHattar. Show DaMaddHattar's posts

I have been saying all along that they will start off shakey, maybe even the first half of the season will be rough, then things will turn and they will end the season as the hottest team in the league.  They WILL win the Super Bowl this year and next.  I really hope that the rough start will allow us to shed some of these cheese-puff sucking band-wagon babies.  Either I am a fool for "drinking the kool aide" and beleiving in Brady and Belichick no matter what, or all the doubters are fools for underestimating them and declaring them done.   What does history tell us is the right path?  More to the point, as a "fan", which side do you really want to be on?  It's time to "fan" up, lard-tubs!  All haters, whiners, and doubters can
    SS UHHH KIT!

Sections
Shortcuts