QBs Ravens Have Faced

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: QBs Ravens Have Faced

Also, I'll point out again, this is not 2009.  The last time the Ravens played the Pats they LOST in Foxboro, October 2010.  Many of the pundits are conveniently forgeting the SD game and what that offense did to this D.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In Response to QBs Ravens Have Faced:
    This really has no tangible bearing on Sunday;s game, but I thought since Ray Ray decided to announce "we aren't the Broncos", I'd point this out. Take a look at Baltimore's schedule.  Look at the QB's they faced this year.  As mentioned by many here, they faced one top 10 offense, the Chargers. SD won 34-14 at Qualcomm. Indy, Jets, Cleveland, STL, Arizona, Jax, Seattle, etc.  They lost to Seattle and Jax! The irony of "we aren't the Broncos" is hilarious. Guess what, Ray?  You have not faced an offense remotely near the one you are about to face on Sunday.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII

Almost Russ. They beat Pitt 2 times this season, and the Pitt offense is no pushover.

The Chargers carved up the Ravens for 3 main reasons;
    1. Kept Rivers clean and he picked apart the Ravens secondary. The Chargers big receivers overmatched the Ravens secondary.  
    2. The Chargers exploited the middle of the Ravens Defense. Ray Ray & Suggs are big, but don't ask them to cover. Perfect chance for us to use our RB's, Edelman or Hern over the middle and ask Ray Ray and Suggs to cover. Hern/Edelman/BJGE/Woody out of the backfield and ask the Ravens D to cover them...good luck.
    3. The Chargers went up fast on the Ravens, putting the game in Flacco's hands. We all talked about stopping Rice with our Defense, and we have to, but the better way to stop Rice is by going up by 2+ scores on Offense, and forcing Flacco to take the game over.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Good info, I have not looked into this or seen this until now, Thanks!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: QBs Ravens Have Faced:
    In Response to QBs Ravens Have Faced : Almost Russ. They beat Pitt 2 times this season, and the Pitt offense is no pushover. The Chargers carved up the Ravens for 3 main reasons; 1. Kept Rivers clean and he picked apart the Ravens secondary. The Chargers big receivers overmatched the Ravens secondary.   2. The Chargers exploited the middle of the Ravens Defense. Ray Ray & Suggs are big, but don't ask them to cover. Perfect chance for us to use our RB's, Edelman or Hern over the middle and ask Ray Ray and Suggs to cover. Hern/Edelman/BJGE/Woody out of the backfield and ask the Ravens D to cover them...good luck. 3. The Chargers went up fast on the Ravens, putting the game in Flacco's hands. We all talked about stopping Rice with our Defense, and we have to, but the better way to stop Rice is by going up by 2+ scores on Offense, and forcing Flacco to take the game over.
    Posted by PatsLifer

Patslifer... the Pats are VERY capable of doing all three things you mention here as their offense is BETTER than the Chargers. We shall see Sunday.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

This really has no tangible bearing on Sunday;s game, but I thought since Ray Ray decided to announce "we aren't the Broncos", I'd point this out. Take a look at Baltimore's schedule.  Look at the QB's they faced this year.  As mentioned by many here, they faced one top 10 offense, the Chargers. SD won 34-14 at Qualcomm. Indy, Jets, Cleveland, STL, Arizona, Jax, Seattle, etc.  They lost to Seattle and Jax! The irony of "we aren't the Broncos" is hilarious. Guess what, Ray?  You have not faced an offense remotely near the one you are about to face on Sunday.

you got that right king. and Philip Rivers ain't no Tom Brady. lol.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

It's good info, even if it means nothing on Sunday, it again proves the media only focuses on NE to point to negativity. NE may have faced some weak QBs (see Gasper's most recent article, what a fraud), but you could easily argue that Balt has faced worse. Also, NE caught some of these "Bad QB's when they were really hot.  Fitz, Rivers in Week 2 before they lost control, ROmo, Eli, Ben, Sanchez at home when manny picked the Jets to roll past NE and secure the division, and even Tebow Mania in Denver. At best, it's a wash.   But, the media railing on the Pats not facing anyone is a crock when comparing it to Balt. If we had lost to Seattle, Jax, etc, BB would have been strung up for weeks in the media.

Notice, RWTK, not a peep in the media of the fact the Ravens have lost to such poor teams on the road! This is a road game for the Ravens. True, the stakes are higher, but, you gotta think there is something to how they play on the road on average. The media will be very vocal about the Pats negatives, primarily the D, but not the same is applied to the Ravens.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

So to get points on the board early and put it into Flaco's hands does that mean the Patriots should take the ball on the opening kickoff instead of deferring?

If they get up by enough early Flaco might turn into a basket case and not be able to do anything witht he second half kickoff anyway.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think they beat Houston when Schaub was the QB. They've had some wins over some good teams. But, yeah the best offense they will face this year is the Pats, but the Ravens are not the best defense the Pats have played this year. Pitt they lost to, but if you take out the 30+ points the Pats scored on MIA and they NYJ then they become the best defenses in the league.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

This is TRUE but if anyone goes this route you have to equally point out that the Ravens offense hasn't had the opportunity to go up against a defense as bad as NE's this season either. (IF you go by total Defense)

There Ravens offense went against...

#1 twice
    #2 twice
    #7 twice
    #18 twice

Pats Defense #31

You gotta be impartial.

I go back to last season and Flacco passing for close to 300 yards against the pats defense and completing 77% of his passes. Plus you can make the argument that last years secondary was better.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

In Response to Re: QBs Ravens Have Faced : Notice, RWTK, not a peep in the media of the fact the Ravens have lost to such poor teams on the road! This is a road game for the Ravens. True, the stakes are higher, but, you gotta think there is something to how they play on the road on average. The media will be very vocal about the Pats negatives, primarily the D, but not the same is applied to the Ravens.
    Posted by agcsbill
    Great point that has been overlooked this week. This Baltimore team is not like past years, where they excelled on the road. This Ravens team has not responded all year on the road, other than against Pitt. I hope the Crowd is loud this week.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I would love nothing more then to see Gronk drag Ed Reed into the endzone with him a few times on Sunday :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to QBs Ravens Have Faced : This is TRUE but if anyone goes this route you have to equally point out that the Ravens offense hasn't had the opportunity to go up against a defense as bad as NE's this season either. (IF you go by total Defense) There Ravens offense went against... #1 twice #2 twice #4 #5 #6 #7 twice #9 #16 #18 twice #22 #25 Pats Defense #31 You gotta be impartial. I go back to last season and Flacco passing for close to 300 yards against the pats defense and completing 77% of his passes. Plus you can make the argument that last years secondary was better.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

If you are going to REALLY be impartial, stop using that stupid stat and re-rank based on POINTS ALLOWED.  NE did not play pretty defense, but it worked better than #31.  It was somewhere in the middle of the pack, thanks.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In Response to Re: QBs Ravens Have Faced : If you are going to REALLY be impartial, stop using that stupid stat and re-rank based on POINTS ALLOWED.  NE did not play pretty defense, but it worked better than #31.  It was somewhere in the middle of the pack, thanks.  
    Posted by Davedsone

I will go farther. The NE defense that will take the field now and played the Denver game and sporatically as a shut down defense in the Miami and Buffalo game has almost nothing in common with the overall season stats. The season stats are a mis-representation of how the defense is now but as long as people keep stating them it will be nothing but a motivation to this D.

The defense that NE has now is top 10 in the NFL (or better) if they played a season. Thats where they progressed to and thats where they will stay throughout the playoffs.

BB defenses have looked so-o in the beginning of seasons in years past but always came together at some point. This year it took a bit longer due to personell issues. Don;t know if many people on this board see this.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In Response to Re: QBs Ravens Have Faced : If you are going to REALLY be impartial, stop using that stupid stat and re-rank based on POINTS ALLOWED.  NE did not play pretty defense, but it worked better than #31.  It was somewhere in the middle of the pack, thanks.  
    Posted by Davedsone

They ended up ranked 15th for points allowed. I know this because a guy at work swore there were 31st points allowed and I laughed at him and told him if that was the case we would not be 13-3. Looked it up and low and behold 15th place is where e finished. I also hope to see the defense smother Flaco like they did Tebone!!!!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In Response to QBs Ravens Have Faced : Almost Russ. They beat Pitt 2 times this season, and the Pitt offense is no pushover. The Chargers carved up the Ravens for 3 main reasons; 1. Kept Rivers clean and he picked apart the Ravens secondary. The Chargers big receivers overmatched the Ravens secondary.   2. The Chargers exploited the middle of the Ravens Defense. Ray Ray & Suggs are big, but don't ask them to cover. Perfect chance for us to use our RB's, Edelman or Hern over the middle and ask Ray Ray and Suggs to cover. Hern/Edelman/BJGE/Woody out of the backfield and ask the Ravens D to cover them...good luck. 3. The Chargers went up fast on the Ravens, putting the game in Flacco's hands. We all talked about stopping Rice with our Defense, and we have to, but the better way to stop Rice is by going up by 2+ scores on Offense, and forcing Flacco to take the game over.
    Posted by PatsLifer

Good analysis. I think the PAtriots offense matches up very well against the weaknesses in the Ravens Defense.

As far a the Pitt game, would not weight it too heavily.
    The PAtriots had the most ill advised game plan of the year against Pitt and I have not seen anything as bad since so not sure how to count this common opponent. The Ravens are also very familiar with Pitt..when teams are that familiar with each other sometimes motivation and small coaching adjustments mean much more than overall team strength.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Posted by Davedsone

OK fair enough but as you'll see my point is shown to be the same. See below, all based on points scored and or points allowed. NO total offense or defense numbers used.

Pats D #15
    Pats O #3

Ravens D #3
    Ravens O #12

Ravens D faced the following ranked O's

#10 twice
    #18 twice
    #21 three X
    #28 twice
    #30 twice

avg. #20

Pats D faced the following ranked O's

#13 twice
    #14 twice
    #20 twice
    #25 twice

avg. #18

Ravens O faced the following ranked D's

#1 twice
    #4 twice
    #5 twice
    #9 twice

avg. #10

Pats O faced the following ranked D's

#6 twice
    #20 twice
    #24 twice
    #30 twice

avg. #19

Seems to show what I was simply stating that sure the Ravens D have not faced an O like the Pats but their offense has faced a much tougher compilation of defenses than the Pats. There is a great disparity of average between those numbers.

Mind you NON of it matters with regards to the game and is merely an exercise in conversation and trying to be unbiased.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

It's good info, even if it means nothing on Sunday, it again proves the media only focuses on NE to point to negativity. Posted by RidingWithTheKingII

I really hate the media types who have to slant their stories and angles just to get a read or listen from people.  I'm so tired of the media talking about the 2009 playoffs when the Ravens won.  Do they not realize that Wes Welker was hurt, Gronk and Hernandez were not even in the NFL yet, that this years Patriots are a totally different team then 2009.  Why aren't they talking about the most recent game that they faced off against each other.... last year when the Pats won by 3 in OT?  And still that game really doesn't matter, both teams are different now.  But if they want to compare why are they choosing to use 2009?  Because they have Patriot hate, therefore I have media hate! 

Sections
Shortcuts