Quagmire3's excellent post

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Quagmire3's excellent post

For those who may have missed it, here is one of the more insightful posts in response to crystal-ball-gazing at the 2012 roster.

Quagmire3 speaks:

OK prolate0spheroid thanks for posting the 90 man roster, this makes it a little easier. I am bored so I will give it a shot.

I am going to get down to 54 since the roster on gameday is 53 and the 3rd QB.
    After "first cuts" I had 67 players (wow this years camp is gonna be competitive!)

After "2nd cuts" I had 61 players (and no FB's).

After a much tougher 3rd cuts I had 59! OK now comes the final cuts.

I am down to 53 + the third QB.

There are 20 new guys on the roster (wow thats alot of turnover!) and 9 rookies. The new guys are in red bold type. Go ahead and fire away with your opinions!

CB'S- 6
    Allen, Will CB

Arrington, Kyle CB   
    Dennard, Alfonzo CB *Rookie
    McCourty, Devin CB   
    Moore, Sterling CB   
    Dowling, Ras-I CB

No real tough cuts here. If Allen and Dennard play well, Sterling Moore continues to trend upward, and McCourty regains his form, this area should be strengthened. (I look for a very good year out of Ras-I). Cant be worse than the multiple street FA's and Edelman we had to throw out there at the end of last year.

S's-4     
    Chung, Patrick S  
    Wilson, Tavon S  *Rookie   
    Gregory, Steve S
    Ebner, Nate S *Rookie

Sergio Brown and Ross Ventrone gone, not really a tough decision based on their play. Ventrone will be back at some point. Nate Ebner making the roster is probably wishful thinking on my part, but dang I loved the rugby tape on him!
    Also not sure BB will keep 2 rookies out of 4 spots even with McCourty available to help out in a pinch. 

DL- 8
    Bequette, Jake DE   *Rookie 
    Deaderick, Brandon DE   
    Fanene, Jonathan DE   
    Jones, Chandler DE *Rookie
    Scott, Trevor DE
    Forston, Marcus DL  *Rookie 
    Wilfork, Vince DL   
    Love, Kyle DT  

Toughest cut here is Myron Pryor who I really like. Inability to stay on the field, and the fact I think his skillset is replaced by Fanene weigh against him. Gerrard Warren is another tough cut who I think will be back if someone gets injured. Ron Brace is cut but I dont think that surprises anyone. Surprise here is UDFA Marcus Fortson making the roster IF he stays healthy. I like the tapes I have seen of him when he has been on the field.

LB's-7
    Mayo, Jerod LB
    Spikes, Brandon LB   
    Carter, Markell LB       
    Hightower, Dont'a LB  *Rookie 
    Fletcher, Dane LB

Cunningham, Jermaine LB
    Ninkovich, Rob LB

Tough cut; Bobby Carpenter. Came down to him Dane Fletcher and J. Cunningham. Surprise; Markell Carter makes the roster. I have not seen him play this is strictly a projection based on what I have read and the fact I think BB likes him and he will NOT make it thru waivers to the practice squad again. Also ST's player Tracey White cut.

OL's-9

Koppen, Dan OL 
    Wendell, Ryan OL ***(or LOGAN MANKINS IF READY)  
    Connolly, Dan OL   
    Gallery, Robert OL    
    Waters, Brian OL    
    Zusevics, Markus OL *Rookie  
    Cannon, Marcus OL   
    Solder, Nate OL    
    Vollmer, Sebastian OL

No real surprises here. I have Mankins starting the year on PUP. but if he's ready I see Wendell being cut in favor of keeping the rookie Zusevics. The one player I see possibly on the bubble is Dan Koppen.

QB's-3
    Brady, Tom QB   
    Hoyer, Brian QB   
    Mallett, Ryan QB

No surprises here. Looking forward to seeing Mallett in the preseason games.

RB's-5
    Addai, Joseph RB   
    Bolden, Brandon RB 
    **Rookie  
    Ridley, Stevan RB   
    Vereen, Shane RB  
    Woodhead, Danny RB 

OK so when I researched Brandon Bolden and watched the tape on him (esp Jr. year) I think he has a legitimate shot to make the team. I think the Pats keep Addai "over" Kevin Faulk (who is a FA and not invited to camp yet) Hoping to see alot of Vereen and Ridley this year. The Pats could also go with 4 RB's and keep a 7th WR.

ST's-3
    Gostkowski, Stephen PK 
    Aiken, Danny LS   
    Mesko, Zoltan P

No changes. 

TE's-3
    Fells, Daniel TE   
    Gronkowski, Rob TE   
    Hernandez, Aaron TE

No surprises. Addition of Fells over Gronks brother strengthens this postition.

WR's-6
    Branch, Deion WR    
    Edelman, Julian WR

Gaffney, Jabar WR    
    Lloyd, Brandon WR   
    Slater, Matthew WR    
    Welker, Wes WR 

Hmm. Toughest position to pick especially when they havent even stepped on the field yet! lol Tough cuts; OchoCinco and Gonzales. I like Gonazales and hope he starts the season on PUP with a phantom injury. Not a big Edelamn fan but he is versatile and is valuble as a PR man. Slater stays as ST's ace. Last cut came down to Deion and Ocho, and TB12 likes Deion. (plus his mocking of fireman Ed during his TD clebration in NY last year pushes him over the edge for me LOL) Also hate to see the rookie Ebert go, but hopefully he lands on the PS. If Pats only keep 4 RB's I think Ocho stays.           

Thoughts?
    "Giggedy, Giggedy!"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Quagmire3's excellent post

haha I dont know about "excellent" but thanks for the bump.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

This was an excellent post. One note, this article

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2012/05/13/markell_carter_and_patriots_working_together/

has Markell Carter as a DE, and not a LB. He has bulked up to 275, but that still seems small for a DE to me. Does that change anything? Maybe Forston starts on the practice squad and Carpenter stays?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Just the labor itensive nature of the post in and of itself makes it worth a read.  Lot of effort there, Quag, and I can't say I can offer much to refute your choices or the supporting rationale.   Love to revisit this once Pats break camp.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In Response to Quagmire3's excellent post:
    [QUOTE]For those who may have missed it, here is one of the more insightful posts in response to crystal-ball-gazing at the 2012 roster. Quagmire3 speaks: OK prolate0spheroid thanks for posting the 90 man roster, this makes it a little easier. I am bored so I will give it a shot. I am going to get down to 54 since the roster on gameday is 53 and the 3rd QB. After "first cuts" I had 67 players (wow this years camp is gonna be competitive!) After "2nd cuts" I had 61 players (and no FB's). After a much tougher 3rd cuts I had 59! OK now comes the final cuts. I am down to 53 + the third QB. There are 20 new guys on the roster (wow thats alot of turnover!) and 9 rookies. The new guys are in red bold type. Go ahead and fire away with your opinions! CB'S- 6 Allen, Will CB     Arrington, Kyle CB    Dennard, Alfonzo CB *Rookie McCourty, Devin CB    Moore, Sterling CB    Dowling, Ras-I CB No real tough cuts here. If Allen and Dennard play well, Sterling Moore continues to trend upward, and McCourty regains his form, this area should be strengthened. (I look for a very good year out of Ras-I). Cant be worse than the multiple street FA's and Edelman we had to throw out there at the end of last year. S's-4       Chung, Patrick S   Wilson, Tavon S  *Rookie    Gregory, Steve S Ebner, Nate S *Rookie Sergio Brown and Ross Ventrone gone, not really a tough decision based on their play. Ventrone will be back at some point. Nate Ebner making the roster is probably wishful thinking on my part, but dang I loved the rugby tape on him! Also not sure BB will keep 2 rookies out of 4 spots even with McCourty available to help out in a pinch.     DL- 8 Bequette, Jake DE   *Rookie  Deaderick, Brandon DE    Fanene, Jonathan DE    Jones, Chandler DE *Rookie Scott, Trevor DE Forston, Marcus DL  *Rookie  Wilfork, Vince DL    Love, Kyle DT   Toughest cut here is Myron Pryor who I really like. Inability to stay on the field, and the fact I think his skillset is replaced by Fanene weigh against him. Gerrard Warren is another tough cut who I think will be back if someone gets injured. Ron Brace is cut but I dont think that surprises anyone. Surprise here is UDFA Marcus Fortson making the roster IF he stays healthy. I like the tapes I have seen of him when he has been on the field .   LB's-7 Mayo, Jerod LB Spikes, Brandon LB    Carter, Markell LB         Hightower, Dont'a LB  *Rookie  Fletcher, Dane LB     Cunningham, Jermaine LB Ninkovich, Rob LB   Tough cut; Bobby Carpenter. Came down to him Dane Fletcher and J. Cunningham. Surprise; Markell Carter makes the roster. I have not seen him play this is strictly a projection based on what I have read and the fact I think BB likes him and he will NOT make it thru waivers to the practice squad again. Also ST's player Tracey White cut. OL's-9    Koppen, Dan OL  Wendell, Ryan OL ***(or LOGAN MANKINS IF READY)   Connolly, Dan OL    Gallery, Robert OL      Waters, Brian OL     Zusevics, Markus OL   *Rookie   Cannon, Marcus OL    Solder, Nate OL     Vollmer, Sebastian OL   No real surprises here. I have Mankins starting the year on PUP. but if he's ready I see Wendell being cut in favor of keeping the rookie Zusevics. The one player I see possibly on the bubble is Dan Koppen.      QB's-3 Brady, Tom QB    Hoyer, Brian QB    Mallett, Ryan QB   No surprises here. Looking forward to seeing Mallett in the preseason games.    RB's-5 Addai, Joseph RB     Bolden, Brandon RB   **Rookie   Ridley, Stevan RB    Vereen, Shane RB   Woodhead, Danny RB  OK so when I researched Brandon Bolden and watched the tape on him (esp Jr. year) I think he has a legitimate shot to make the team. I think the Pats keep Addai "over" Kevin Faulk (who is a FA and not invited to camp yet) Hoping to see alot of Vereen and Ridley this year. The Pats could also go with 4 RB's and keep a 7th WR.    ST's-3 Gostkowski, Stephen PK  Aiken, Danny LS    Mesko, Zoltan P No changes.    TE's-3 Fells, Daniel TE     Gronkowski, Rob TE    Hernandez, Aaron TE   No surprises. Addition of Fells over Gronks brother strengthens this postition. WR's-6 Branch, Deion WR     Edelman, Julian WR      Gaffney, Jabar WR      Lloyd, Brandon WR     Slater, Matthew WR      Welker, Wes WR   Hmm. Toughest position to pick especially when they havent even stepped on the field yet! lol Tough cuts; OchoCinco and Gonzales. I like Gonazales and hope he starts the season on PUP with a phantom injury. Not a big Edelamn fan but he is versatile and is valuble as a PR man. Slater stays as ST's ace. Last cut came down to Deion and Ocho, and TB12 likes Deion. (plus his mocking of fireman Ed during his TD clebration in NY last year pushes him over the edge for me LOL) Also hate to see the rookie Ebert go, but hopefully he lands on the PS. If Pats only keep 4 RB's I think Ocho stays.            Thoughts? "Giggedy, Giggedy!"
    Posted by dustcover[/QUOTE]

God can we please get rid of edelamn by now.  Pats have plenty of route runners and can even use Hernadaz as that in a pinch.  I say they keep Stallworth as the deep threat they need along with Lloyd.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In Response to Re: Quagmire3's excellent post:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Quagmire3's excellent post : God can we please get rid of edelamn by now.  Pats have plenty of route runners and can even use Hernadaz as that in a pinch.  I say they keep Stallworth as the deep threat they need along with Lloyd.
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]

Who's returning kickoffs and punts?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

I enjoyed reading that. On the WR note, if we keep 7 WRs or if the PAts count Slater somewhere else, I think one of Ocho/Stallworth make it. Also, as Rusty said, I do not think Branch is a guarantee, but we will see.

Nice problem to have anyways and another exciting season ahead.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

[QUOTE]I enjoyed reading that. On the WR note, if we keep 7 WRs or if the PAts count Slater somewhere else, I think one of Ocho/Stallworth make it. Also, as Rusty said, I do not think Branch is a guarantee, but we will see. Nice problem to have anyways and another exciting season ahead.
    Posted by AyyyBoston[/QUOTE]

Personally I wouldnt mind seeing Slator counting somehwere else entirely - like on another team - tho unlikely as he just got a new contract.

Solid STer and deserves credit for doing things the Patriot way ...but C'mon , he's not frig'gin the reincarnation of Steve Tasker.
    ( I understand he made the Pro Bowl , but that argument hasnt held weight in at least a decade - SEE Meriweather / David Garrard etc etc )

Can anybody honestly remember a game changing play he's  made ? ,
    ( and he's had 100's of opps )

Not tryin to bash him...just calling it as I see it.

If we are going t be top heavy at Wr , and it comes down to Edelman or Slator ... I think you gotta go with the guy that's more versatile , especially if someone like Nate "RugbyGuy" Ebner steps up and proves his ST worth.

THIS is the type of STer you keep at any cost :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkb13w4fpuE

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Interesting - and yes getting from 65 to 53 is a real tough situation. Couple of thoughts:
    1. DL/LB - some pretty tough cuts here. I have started to wonder if they will resign Carter. While he would probably be a little better than the alternative this year, he would be a one year solution at the cost of a guy with more potential long term.
    2. OLine - you have Mankins, Vollmer, Koppen, and Gallery as injury concerns and Koppen and Waters on their last year, and Mankins and Gallery on the back end of their careers. It is tough not to keep one or two of the Hix, Kopa, Thomas, McDonald guys that have a few years under their belts. While I think the UDFAs they brought in are good prospects I do not see the team relying on them as emergency starters over the 4 guys I listed. And with the concerns I listed I don't think you can carry guys you wouldn't trust week two to start.
    3. WR - I think Stallworth, Ocho and Gonzalez are going to be tough to cut. Branch really ran out of gas last year and doesn't bring anything to the table that Gaffney doesn't have covered. I could see Slater being carried as a DB and coached up at safety this offseason. For this year, he would probably provide more than Ebner as a safety, and he is not getting cut based on the contract he signed. If all three of the receivers above are healthy then I think it will come down to Stallworth vs. Ocho and Branch being replaced by Gonzalez and Slater replacing Ebner.

I think this may be a year when none of the UDFAs make the final roster. I can't remember the Pats ever having proportionally so few UDFA - 7 out of 89 players currently. That is a lot of vets and draftees for them to beat out, and three of the UDFAs are coming off injuries (zus, forsten, bolden.) OLine and Dline rookies, especially those not taken in the first two rounds typically need to add strength and bulk before being ready for the NFL so injured reserve or practive squad is probably their best bet given the vets in front of them. Bolden might have the highest chance of making the team just because of the smaller group of competition at RB/FB but I think it is still a long shot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quagmire3's excellent post : Who's returning kickoffs and punts?
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Kick-offs Woody or Ridley
    Punts Welker or Woody

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quagmire3's excellent post : Kick-offs Woody or Ridley Punts Welker or Woody
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]

Welker has only been used for fair catch punt situations (inside the 20) for the last two years - too valuable to risk injury. Woodhead hasn't been very good on returns when he has had the chance. Ridley/Vereen are possibles. One thing that is overlooked with Edelman is he doesn't fumble (never has on KR or PR.) Ask SF about the importance of that stat!
    I was interested to note the one game Edelman started when Welker went down in 2009 - he had 10 catches filling in as the slot guy. (He only has 11 catches the last two years as WW never leaves the field.)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quagmire3's excellent post :    Can anybody honestly remember a game changing play he's  made ? , ( and he's had 100's of opps )   
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he fumbled a kickoff return in the 2nd half of a game versus Pittsburgh in the 2008 season. A winnable game, but the turnover flipped everything

Oh, you mean a game changing play that worked in the Pat's favor?

Ummm...

PS Kudos to Quagmire for a very well done post and to dustcover for bringing it to our attention

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quagmire3's excellent post : Yeah, he fumbled a kickoff return in the 2nd half of a game versus Pittsburgh in the 2008 season. A winnable game, but the turnover flipped everything Oh, you mean a game changing play that worked in the Pat's favor? Ummm... PS Kudos to Quagmire for a very well done post and to dustcover for bringing it to our attention
    Posted by AcheNot[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I remember that play.  But for the most part, Slater makes very good plays on kick coverage teams.  He's a big reason the Pats are second best in the league at limiting their opponents' starting field position on drives. Maybe not a lot of flashy big hits, but he's really consistent at getting down field fast and getting his hands on the returner before the guy gets very far. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quagmire3's excellent post : Who's returning kickoffs and punts?
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

It's a good question, but maybe one of the young RBs ends up being able to return punts and maybe kicks.  And maybe one of the young DBs can be a kick returner?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quagmire3's excellent post : Yeah, I remember that play.  But for the most part, Slater makes very good plays on kick coverage teams.  He's a big reason the Pats are second best in the league at limiting their opponents' starting field position on drives. Maybe not a lot of flashy big hits, but he's really consistent at getting down field fast and getting his hands on the returner before the guy gets very far.   
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

Yes. Slater is steady/solid/unspectacular

He is in the business of preventing a game changing play more than he is making one

And Bill likes him

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Sounds good but the NFL roster is 53, not 53 plus a third QB. The game day actives used to be 45 plus a third QB, if the 3rd QB played the other two could not return to the game. Last year the NFL got rid of the 3rd QB rule and just made a 46 man game day roster. Most teams like the Patriots chose to make a non- QB active because they could use him more. So since Mallett wasn't active last year he still couldn't play if both Brady and Hoyer got injured. But just 53.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]This was an excellent post. One note, this article http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2012/05/13/markell_carter_and_patriots_working_together/ has Markell Carter as a DE, and not a LB. He has bulked up to 275, but that still seems small for a DE to me. Does that change anything? Maybe Forston starts on the practice squad and Carpenter stays?
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111[/QUOTE]

The problem is coach BB.  He redefines positions.  Carter, like Jones, plays the elephant position.  He stands up half the time and puts his hand on the ground the other half, switching while the offense is lined up.

Hernandez is another problem.  He's more than 50% wide receiver and running back, listed as a tight end, playing H-back. 

Edelman is no better.  He's a cornerback now.  He used to be a receiver, he returns kicks, and a while ago he played quarterback but that's long gone until the gimmick play comes out.  He plays Troy Brown's position.  So does Matthew Slater. 

Then there's the big nickel position and the 300 pounder fullback position.  Solder can play third tight end if Marcus Cannon can slide over to tackle, and maybe Solder can learn to catch and run routes again.  Defenders can keep up with Solder just fine unless he hip-bumps them to the ground, but he even makes Gronk look like kind of a small target. 

Also, Chandler Jones is perfect for a Vrabel job, catching touchdowns in the endzone.  Who outside of the Boston Celtics is going to get between a leaping Jones's hands and the football?  Just run him along the back line so if he misses the pass it falls safely out of bounds.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

is a great post!

it will be interesting to watch who makes the PS

I think they changed the IR list
    so you can come back after 6 games
    that also effects this Rubix cube

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

In Response to Quagmire3's excellent post:
    [QUOTE]For those who may have missed it, here is one of the more insightful posts in response to crystal-ball-gazing at the 2012 roster. Quagmire3 speaks: OK prolate0spheroid thanks for posting the 90 man roster, this makes it a little easier. I am bored so I will give it a shot. I am going to get down to 54 since the roster on gameday is 53 and the 3rd QB. After "first cuts" I had 67 players (wow this years camp is gonna be competitive!) After "2nd cuts" I had 61 players (and no FB's). After a much tougher 3rd cuts I had 59! OK now comes the final cuts. I am down to 53 + the third QB. There are 20 new guys on the roster (wow thats alot of turnover!) and 9 rookies. The new guys are in red bold type. Go ahead and fire away with your opinions! CB'S- 6 Allen, Will CB     Arrington, Kyle CB    Dennard, Alfonzo CB *Rookie McCourty, Devin CB    Moore, Sterling CB    Dowling, Ras-I CB No real tough cuts here. If Allen and Dennard play well, Sterling Moore continues to trend upward, and McCourty regains his form, this area should be strengthened. (I look for a very good year out of Ras-I). Cant be worse than the multiple street FA's and Edelman we had to throw out there at the end of last year. S's-4       Chung, Patrick S   Wilson, Tavon S  *Rookie    Gregory, Steve S Ebner, Nate S *Rookie Sergio Brown and Ross Ventrone gone, not really a tough decision based on their play. Ventrone will be back at some point. Nate Ebner making the roster is probably wishful thinking on my part, but dang I loved the rugby tape on him! Also not sure BB will keep 2 rookies out of 4 spots even with McCourty available to help out in a pinch.     DL- 8 Bequette, Jake DE   *Rookie  Deaderick, Brandon DE    Fanene, Jonathan DE    Jones, Chandler DE *Rookie Scott, Trevor DE Forston, Marcus DL  *Rookie  Wilfork, Vince DL    Love, Kyle DT   Toughest cut here is Myron Pryor who I really like. Inability to stay on the field, and the fact I think his skillset is replaced by Fanene weigh against him. Gerrard Warren is another tough cut who I think will be back if someone gets injured. Ron Brace is cut but I dont think that surprises anyone. Surprise here is UDFA Marcus Fortson making the roster IF he stays healthy. I like the tapes I have seen of him when he has been on the field .   LB's-7 Mayo, Jerod LB Spikes, Brandon LB    Carter, Markell LB         Hightower, Dont'a LB  *Rookie  Fletcher, Dane LB     Cunningham, Jermaine LB Ninkovich, Rob LB   Tough cut; Bobby Carpenter. Came down to him Dane Fletcher and J. Cunningham. Surprise; Markell Carter makes the roster. I have not seen him play this is strictly a projection based on what I have read and the fact I think BB likes him and he will NOT make it thru waivers to the practice squad again. Also ST's player Tracey White cut. OL's-9    Koppen, Dan OL  Wendell, Ryan OL ***(or LOGAN MANKINS IF READY)   Connolly, Dan OL    Gallery, Robert OL      Waters, Brian OL     Zusevics, Markus OL   *Rookie   Cannon, Marcus OL    Solder, Nate OL     Vollmer, Sebastian OL   No real surprises here. I have Mankins starting the year on PUP. but if he's ready I see Wendell being cut in favor of keeping the rookie Zusevics. The one player I see possibly on the bubble is Dan Koppen.      QB's-3 Brady, Tom QB    Hoyer, Brian QB    Mallett, Ryan QB   No surprises here. Looking forward to seeing Mallett in the preseason games.    RB's-5 Addai, Joseph RB     Bolden, Brandon RB   **Rookie   Ridley, Stevan RB    Vereen, Shane RB   Woodhead, Danny RB  OK so when I researched Brandon Bolden and watched the tape on him (esp Jr. year) I think he has a legitimate shot to make the team. I think the Pats keep Addai "over" Kevin Faulk (who is a FA and not invited to camp yet) Hoping to see alot of Vereen and Ridley this year. The Pats could also go with 4 RB's and keep a 7th WR.    ST's-3 Gostkowski, Stephen PK  Aiken, Danny LS    Mesko, Zoltan P No changes.    TE's-3 Fells, Daniel TE     Gronkowski, Rob TE    Hernandez, Aaron TE   No surprises. Addition of Fells over Gronks brother strengthens this postition. WR's-6 Branch, Deion WR     Edelman, Julian WR      Gaffney, Jabar WR      Lloyd, Brandon WR     Slater, Matthew WR      Welker, Wes WR   Hmm. Toughest position to pick especially when they havent even stepped on the field yet! lol Tough cuts; OchoCinco and Gonzales. I like Gonazales and hope he starts the season on PUP with a phantom injury. Not a big Edelamn fan but he is versatile and is valuble as a PR man. Slater stays as ST's ace. Last cut came down to Deion and Ocho, and TB12 likes Deion. (plus his mocking of fireman Ed during his TD clebration in NY last year pushes him over the edge for me LOL) Also hate to see the rookie Ebert go, but hopefully he lands on the PS. If Pats only keep 4 RB's I think Ocho stays.            Thoughts? "Giggedy, Giggedy!"

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

In Response to Quagmire3's excellent post:  GREAT Post!  Tks. Got my doubts re: Cunningham.  Could be tick-tock time for him......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

On the IR - they are in discussions about a change that would allow a team to bring one player back off the IR list any time during the season. The rule has not been changed yet.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]haha I dont know about "excellent" but thanks for the bump.
    Posted by Quagmire3[/QUOTE]ha ha, is dust cover your new pseudonym?