Quarterback Brett Favre flew to Minnesota today and reportedly will rejoin the Vikings in training camp

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Quarterback Brett Favre flew to Minnesota today and reportedly will rejoin the Vikings in training camp

Hoooorrrrayyyyy

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: Quarterback Brett Favre flew to Minnesota today and reportedly will rejoin the Vikings in training camp

Way to toy around with my power ratings.  He doesn't show up for last week and Minnesota looks like chumps against (hoo boy!) the Saint Louis Rams, worst team in NFL football.  After dropping Minnesota's power rating a couple of games, he goes ahead and shows up. 

That's why I'm so heavy with 2009 rankings.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

We don't have to worry about Minnesota winning the Superbow this year.

Favre just doesn't want to end his career on an interception.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Watched  Bruski on ESPN NFL and he is pissed. this is so contrary to what he is  and what he believes in.  ESPN had cameras following Farve in a car !! are you kidding me?? what is it  with the media and this guy!! Just media wh*res I guess.

BTW I don't blame Tedi he has to make a living (god knows he didn't make much from the Patriots) and at least he has the balls to say what is on his mind  ie Chilly's fault.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Yippy. Now maybe they will stop talking about him...........noway that happens.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

crap, the prima donna is back. oh well like to see the patriots dump on him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

LOL, sour grapes again:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/17/tarvaris-jackson-on-brett-favre-i-really-dont-care/

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

In Response to Re: Quarterback Brett Favre flew to Minnesota today and reportedly will rejoin the Vikings in training camp:
    [QUOTE]THANK GOD hahahah I have tickets to teh Vikings game and boy do I want to watch Brady beat Farve. For years I wanted to see Farve VS Brady and Green Bay VS NE and then when I did get to see Farve VS Brady he was a Jet! a f*cking Jet! And that was the Monday Night game where we came back to push it to overtime only to have Farve gash us and win the game and rip my soul out. Worst game I have ever been to, I never felt so mad after a game. And so this year when I got to pick my games and I got the Vikings game I was just so happy to get a second chance at watch Farve get beat. This time we will eat him alive.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]
    I think your memory is off. The one and only season that favre was a jet was the same season that brady blew out his knee, which was the 2008 season. Favre's first start against the pats as a jet, was matt cassel's first start in week 2. There have been 2 Favre vs. Brady games, which were in 2002(gillette) and 2006(lambeau). And that monday night game your thinking of was a thursday night game. The game where matt cassel threw an amazing td pass to moss as time expired to send the game to OT. Unfortunately, they won the coin toss, got a few lucky first downs, then kicked a field goal to win it. It was the first NFL network thurday night game that season.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

good for him. if i was lucky enough to be that good at something for that or play a sport professionally, I wouldn't stop until no one wants me or my body can't take it. 

im not a favre fan, but i can see why he keeps comming back.  I do disagree with the way he retires and comes back every year.  But if he comes back, then really there is no harm done. 

It is special to play in the NFL and he realizes it fully. 

NFC North 2010 Prediction
    Packers
    Vikings
    Lions
    Bears

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

I love me some Favre. The guys 40 y/o's , give him a break. So he doesnt want to do training camp , so what. Lets cut the BS , there are different standards for different players. As long as he brings it on Sunday , in Dec/Jan , who cares? The Vikes would be fighting for a wild card w/out him. W/ him there a SB contender. IMHO the guy is very underrated , especially in todays QB driven league. Yes he'll throw some ints , but he'll start EVERY game and gives you a shot to win EVERY year. LOL I hope he retires again on WED , right before the first GB game and then un-retires , SAT night ... and still kicks their azz.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Well Favre drama is over for this year. Guess next July we'll get to go through all of this again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Still say they will have to cart his carcass off of the field before he gives it all up.  Short of a career ending injury, we're looking at Warren Moon redux, except Moon just showed up every year to training camp without the fanfare and didn't expect the world to smooch his ar se.  

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

And in other news, Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead...back to you Jane.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Quarterback Brett Favre flew to Minnesota today and reportedly will rejoin the Vikings in training camp:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quarterback Brett Favre flew to Minnesota today and reportedly will rejoin the Vikings in training camp : Isn't it?  He had two good/great seasons in his last 10 and the media is still infatuated with him. I hope someone knocks him out in Week 1.  I cannot stand the guy.  He's all that is wrong with society today.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

After watching what the Saints were allowed to do to him in the NFC Championship Game, don't be too surprised if this actually happens.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Watched  Bruski on ESPN NFL and he is pissed. this is so contrary to what he is  and what he believes in.  ESPN had cameras following Farve in a car !! are you kidding me?? what is it  with the media and this guy!! Just media wh*res I guess. BTW I don't blame Tedi he has to make a living (god knows he didn't make much from the Patriots) and at least he has the balls to say what is on his mind  ie Chilly's fault.
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

What is with the media? He holds every productive passing record all time. That may include some unsavory ones at that. He's the toughest sob that I've ever seen with pads on. Bruski comes back after a stroke and plays with his feet in cement for 3 years and he's upset? Give me a f*cking break.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quarterback Brett Favre flew to Minnesota today and reportedly will rejoin the Vikings in training camp : I think your memory is off. The one and only season that favre was a jet was the same season that brady blew out his knee, which was the 2008 season. Favre's first start against the pats as a jet, was matt cassel's first start in week 2. There have been 2 Favre vs. Brady games, which were in 2002(gillette) and 2006(lambeau). And that monday night game your thinking of was a thursday night game. The game where matt cassel threw an amazing td pass to moss as time expired to send the game to OT. Unfortunately, they won the coin toss, got a few lucky first downs, then kicked a field goal to win it. It was the first NFL network thurday night game that season.  
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I wish somebody would start a thread about the most overrated Players of all time so I could put Favre on the list!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quarterback Brett Favre flew to Minnesota today and reportedly will rejoin the Vikings in training camp : Isn't it?  He had two good/great seasons in his last 10 and the media is still infatuated with him. I hope someone knocks him out in Week 1.  I cannot stand the guy.  He's all that is wrong with society today.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

I usually agree with you. I can't stand the guy either. He's definitely in my top 5 least favorite athletes that don't beat women/children.

But hoping for a guy to get injured? You're better than that, man. That's the kind of thing I'd expect from underdogg or one of the Leon clones.

Besides, if he gets injured, how are we going to get revenge on him in the Superbowl for what he did to us in 96? How sweet would that be? 

Picture it: The Vikings roll into the Superbowl with a 15-1 record. The media, as usual, is hyping them up to some sort of unstoppable juggernaut. The Pats are huge underdogs- even though they beat better teams in the AFC to get there. The media spends 2 weeks slobbering all over the Vikings. Even guys like Teddy and Rodney are spewing the BS.

Then the game starts and we punch them in the mouth. AP fumbles twice. Favre pulls a Favre and throws three picks. And we win the game in a blowout.

Afterwards, the media still gives us no respect and focuses only on what  Minnesota did to lose the game. But that's okay. We're  the ones with the trophy. And we send the drama queen packing. Robbing him of his last chance to win a title.

The Vikings have finally had enough of his "I might retire." BS and they draft a QB. Favre acts betrayed and signs with the Lions. Only to get cut in the preseason. He spends a few years in the CFL and is finally forced to retire when publicly begging for a job (at age 44) doesn't work. But does keep his options open. Then, LA finally gets an expansion franchise and they sign a 50 year old Favre  to a vet min contract to create hoopla and mentor the young pick. Favre understands this, but start complaining that he's not getting any playing time by week three. With the bye week coming up , they cut him to eliminate distractions. Finally, Favre's career is over.

Tell me you wouldn't pay money to see that. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Unbelievable. Or not.

What a feeaking tool. I had him reappearing in the October time frame but he couldn't even stand to be out of the spotlight through August. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

The EGO Has Landed

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]I wish somebody would start a thread about the most overrated Players of all time so I could put Favre on the list!
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

We did that but underdoog chose Manning as the winner....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Sorry Favre is as cool as they come, "Ok the crying like a girl things was a bit much on the first retirement 30 years ago" but still. To play like he did last year at his age. This is simple, The rules say he has to be in camp. He aint going to camp so he has to play the, I am hurt and I might retire game. Both years he came in on the exact same day.

These are the league rules, he is playing them and he will play fine. To wish anyone injury, even under dud is very un-cool. Bret is pressing the rules, he will play fine, ya'll just need a chill!

Walter Sobchak: OVER THE LINE!
    Smokey: Huh?
    Walter Sobchak: I'm sorry, Smokey. You were over the line, that's a foul.
    Smokey: Bullsh--. Mark it 8, Dude.
    Walter Sobchak: Uh, excuse me. Mark it zero. Next frame.
    Smokey: Bullsh--, Walter. Mark it 8, Dude.
    Walter Sobchak: Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.

Sections
Shortcuts