Quarterback Passer Rating Question

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxNation2332. Show SoxNation2332's posts

Quarterback Passer Rating Question

I feel ignorant asking, but can anyone explain how Drew Brees scored a higher QB passer rating than Brady? Brady had more yards, a better completion percentage, and more touchdowns. Does the rank of the defense play that critical of a role, if any?  The difference in yards per attempt is fairly nominal, so I can't imagine that swaying the rating in Brees' favor that much more.  Anyone know?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: Quarterback Passer Rating Question

You would do as well to know that the formula which determines the "quarterback rating" is convoluted and arbitrary and is an accurate measure of nothing in particular.

Brady did not have a perfect rating because his yards-per-completion did not average out to -- I'm not sure but I think it's 12.5.

Brady's number was somewhere around 11.

If this matters to you, and you believe that the "quarterback rating" is a valuable statistic (if, indeed, you believe that there is any such thing as a valuable statistic), then I'm afraid you may be beyond the kind of help you can receive here.

When describing the quarterback rating, I like to remind people that one Tavaris Jackson had a qb rating over 95 last year. If you're wondering what the significance of that might be, find yourself a Vikings fan and ask him -- you'd be surprised how many of them are running around suddenly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxNation2332. Show SoxNation2332's posts

In Response to Re: Quarterback Passer Rating Question:
    You would do as well to know that the formula which determines the "quarterback rating" is convoluted and arbitrary and is an accurate measure of nothing in particular. Brady did not have a perfect rating because his yards-per-completion did not average out to -- I'm not sure but I think it's 12.5. Brady's number was somewhere around 11. If this matters to you, and you believe that the "quarterback rating" is a valuable statistic (if, indeed, you believe that there is any such thing as a valuable statistic), then I'm afraid you may be beyond the kind of help you can receive here. When describing the quarterback rating, I like to remind people that one Tavaris Jackson had a qb rating over 95 last year. If you're wondering what the significance of that might be, find yourself a Vikings fan and ask him -- you'd be surprised how many of them are running around suddenly.
    Posted by prairiemike

Haha.  Fair enough.  Thanks man.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Passer rating is just another bogus stat invented to give so called experts something to talk about.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Is a 57.9 passer rating like Mark Sanchez has a good one (hahahahaha)!  Sanchise!  The Jets' savior!  Second coming of Matt Ryan.   

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Tony Romo also had a better QB rating than Dan Marino for a season or two.

As you can see, that means absolutely nothing.

Sections
Shortcuts