Quarterbacks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Quarterbacks

In response to zbellino's comment:

Tebow would be a nightmare in the CFL. There aren't as many checks and reads, but to be in the CFL you have to be able to throw and have a quick release. It's a throwing league.

I would go for the Rugby offer that was given to him. You can make a decent career of that. And he really does have a Rugby build/athleticism/intelligence (lack thereof).  

I thought you were sick of talking Tebow?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

For me, the most logical conclusion is:

The Pats see significant value in Tebow's versatility as a  player who could be a stop gap in many ways for the team, including off field intangibles for brand fidelity. Tim appears to be standing his ground and does not want to try to play any other position aside from QB. Read his departure tweets. BB and staff likely see so much intangible value that they were willing to allow the process of camp to develop with hopes that Tim would give in to the prospect of being a utility player. He wouldn't and as such, BB decided, OK, have it your way, Good luck, Tim.

BB and JM see his value in his versatility, but not as a fulltime QB. They had hoped he would see it over a full preseason under their tutelage and by working next to THE NFL QB, TB as a reality check. Tim's has unwavering desire and maybe his  unusually strong faith has got him believing in a potential miracle that could fulfill his NFL QBing dream. BB is obviously more realistic. Though to most, my use of "logical conclusion" will sound rediculous under these circumstances. But when you consider Tim's strength and committment to his trust in God, he knows that it is possible in his heart as he is a soldier for God. Maybe he sees giving in only shows a crack in his life's foundation, HIS TRUST IN GOD. For most of us, "Oh, come on!" is a likely response to this theory. For the strongest of believers, "This is an opprotunity that God may choose to use me in to prove that he is real." Rediculous? Time will tell.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

The Pats see significant value in Tebow's versatility as a  player who could be a stop gap in many ways for the team. Tim could appears to be standing his ground and does not want to try to play any other position aside from QB. Read his departure tweets. BB and staff likely see so much intangible value that they were willing to allow the process of camp to develop with hopes that Tim would give in to the prospect of being a utility player. He wouldn't and as such, BB decided, OK, have it your way, Good luck. BB and JM see his value in his versatility, but not as a fulltime QB. They had hoped he would see it over a full preseason under their tutelage and by working next to THE NFL QB, TB as a reality check. Tim's has unwavering desire and maybe his  unsusually strong faith has got him believing in a potential miracle that could fulfill his NFL QBing dream. BB is obviously more realistic. Though to most, my use of "logical conclusion" will sound rediculous under these circumstances. But when you consider Tim's strength and committment to his trust in God, he knows that it is possible in his heart as he is a soldier for God. Maybe he sees giving in only shows a crack in his life's foundation, HIS TRUST IN GOD. For most of us, "Oh, come on!" is a likely response to this theory. For the strongest of believers, "This is an opprotunity that God may choose to use me in to prove that he is real." Rediculous? Time will tell.

Rally , brother, I love ya dude, and we share a deep and unabiding dislike for the talents of one R9R, and I actually agree with your readout of the TT issue...but I have to fully agree with BB on this one...If JC is going to work a miracle for TT, he better bless him with the passing ability of Willie Joe Namath, or it's a no go...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to skinnyrexraptor's comment:

The Pats see significant value in Tebow's versatility as a  player who could be a stop gap in many ways for the team. Tim could appears to be standing his ground and does not want to try to play any other position aside from QB. Read his departure tweets. BB and staff likely see so much intangible value that they were willing to allow the process of camp to develop with hopes that Tim would give in to the prospect of being a utility player. He wouldn't and as such, BB decided, OK, have it your way, Good luck. BB and JM see his value in his versatility, but not as a fulltime QB. They had hoped he would see it over a full preseason under their tutelage and by working next to THE NFL QB, TB as a reality check. Tim's has unwavering desire and maybe his  unsusually strong faith has got him believing in a potential miracle that could fulfill his NFL QBing dream. BB is obviously more realistic. Though to most, my use of "logical conclusion" will sound rediculous under these circumstances. But when you consider Tim's strength and committment to his trust in God, he knows that it is possible in his heart as he is a soldier for God. Maybe he sees giving in only shows a crack in his life's foundation, HIS TRUST IN GOD. For most of us, "Oh, come on!" is a likely response to this theory. For the strongest of believers, "This is an opprotunity that God may choose to use me in to prove that he is real." Rediculous? Time will tell.

Rally , brother, I love ya dude, and we share a deep and unabiding dislike for the talents of one R9R, and I actually agree with your readout of the TT issue...but I have to fully agree with BB on this one...If JC is going to work a miracle for TT, he better bless him with the passing ability of Willie Joe Namath, or it's a no go...

I am with you and BB! Please know that I see this apparent use of faith by TT as a "look at me" stunt and find it very misplaced, but I can't help but to try to understand his perspective.......He is an absolute mystery in so many ways.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:

Wow, a Tebow thread disguised as 'Quarterbanks'.

He's cleared waivers and no one has picked him up.  Thats as damning as it gets. He sucks.

Who thinks this is a conspiracy because the NFL is secretly owned by the devil?

Agreed!

Wish him the best of luck as he gets on with his life but do not want to hear or read of his name any more on the Patriots forum . . . time we looked and started talking about what QB we put on the practice squad for practice during the week!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

I am with you and BB! Please know that I see this apparent use of faith by TT as a "look at me" stunt and find it very misplaced, but I can't help but to try to understand his perspective.......He is an absolute mystery in so many ways.

gonna disagree with u here rally...I never felt Tebow to be phony, over-dramatic or pulling any stunt for PR with his Faith

is he a pro QB? no

is he stubborn/egotistical in his zeal to be and not even try another position? yes

is it likely he will be out of football altogether in any league in 2-3 yrs tops? yes

but to take this view of his "reallness" in his Faith is not fair, especially if you have never sat across from him andlooked him in the eyes to ask him

TT may be many things but he is not a phony

and for the record-as u probably know-I do not share Tebow's view of God nor many of his social/political views-but i still have respect for him

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to nyjetssuc's comment:

In response to russgriswold's comment:

^^I don't get how that counters what I am saying.  Warren Moon could play in the CFL or NFL.

The CFL is not on the same level as the NFL. With a wider field up there, more opps for Tebow to move in space.

Pretty simple.

You won't get any pushback from me on Tebow's poor mechanics or accuracy, but that does not counter my premise at all.

A wider field and lesser competition each help someone like Tebow.

I would be racing to Canada if I were him.

He better...because at this point the guy passes so badly he'd be riding the bench for the Billy Graham crusade.....

As Snoop Lion once said about 7-UP and caffene and comparing it to paying for dinner for groupies before they get busy: "Tim Tebow and throwing ability, never had it, never will!"

He sucked then, he sucks now, he'll always suck...

He can only run and hit one out of 4 passes...he's PERFECT for the CFL

man this is way over the top and too harsh...save ur venom for people who deserve it-u talk about tebow like he is a murderer or child molester for God's sake-have a little perspective and cool the hate

btw I thought he was back to Snoop Dog

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

More on Tim Tebow's chances in Canada (the Montreal Alouettes own Tebow's rights in the CFL and have lost their starting QB to a concussion):

The Montreal Alouettes are in a quarterback conundrum. Tim Tebow is out of a job.

But ask Montreal general manager and head coach Jim Popp, and the team won't be making any calls for help to the former NFL pivot any time soon.

"We've never had a conversation with him or his representation," Popp said Monday, adding there won't be one unless Tebow or his management initiates it. "It's all for talk and there's nothing there, there's no substance to it."

Many football pundits — including quarterbacks guru Steve Clarkson who has worked with the former Patriots QB — believe Tebow should turn his attention to the Canadian Football League.

But it appears the Alouettes might not be the ideal suitors for Tebow's services after all, even with veteran starter Anthony Calvillo trying to deal with concussion issues from sustaining a hit during a game on Aug. 17. He hasn't played since.

There are questions whether the six-foot-three, 236-pound Tebow could be an effective CFL player. He certainly is mobile but concerns about his passing mechanics and accuracy have created doubt that Tebow could succeed on the longer, wider Canadian field.

And Montreal isn't waiting on Tebow. The Alouettes have four quarterbacks, including injured starter Calvillo and Popp said if they decide to add a fifth with the intention of grooming him for the 2014 campaign, it wouldn't be a name player like Tebow.

"I don't think they [Tebow camp] would be ready to do that," Popp said. "But if they are . . . I'm sure they'll call us."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Tebows Twitter page still states he is an NFL QB.

When does he take that down?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

They were making fun of him on sports radio here in Toronto.  Had a fake Tebow call in and say he was reading the Book of Job . . . because he needed one . . . 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inokea4coolaid. Show Inokea4coolaid's posts

The CFL might want Tebow because he might be able to sell tickets; regardless of his arm. Tebow should consider it; to work on his throwing mechanics for a whole year. His options are limited.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

gonna disagree with u here rally...I never felt Tebow to be phony, over-dramatic or pulling any stunt for PR with his Faith

is he a pro QB? no

is he stubborn/egotistical in his zeal to be and not even try another position? yes

is it likely he will be out of football altogether in any league in 2-3 yrs tops? yes

but to take this view of his "reallness" in his Faith is not fair, especially if you have never sat across from him andlooked him in the eyes to ask him

TT may be many things but he is not a phony

and for the record-as u probably know-I do not share Tebow's view of God nor many of his social/political views-but i still have respect for him

I'm not sure why you think i am calling TT a phony. I am not. To the contrary, I am trying to understand and reason why he is so set on being an NFL QB and not let football experts use his skills in other ways. I may not agree with how he is doing things, but i do not get why you say I am saying he is phony. When I said, "I see this apparent use of faith by TT as a "look at me" stunt and find it very misplaced" I am not saying that Tim is being phony at all. What i mean is that this type of overt behavior, in general, is typically a "hey look at me" kinda deal, but if youve read anything else that Ive said about Tim, you'll know that isnt my intent here. His behavior to me is a mystery as he contradicts my own instincts as to what to think about him.  I am implying that i think he is overly overt with his actions and way of thinking, NOT A PHONY AT ALL. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The Pats see significant value in Tebow's versatility as a  player who could be a stop gap in many ways for the team, including off field intangibles for brand fidelity. Tim appears to be standing his ground and does not want to try to play any other position aside from QB. Read his departure tweets. BB and staff likely see so much intangible value that they were willing to allow the process of camp to develop with hopes that Tim would give in to the prospect of being a utility player. He wouldn't and as such, BB decided, OK, have it your way, Good luck, Tim.

BB and JM see his value in his versatility, but not as a fulltime QB. They had hoped he would see it over a full preseason under their tutelage and by working next to THE NFL QB, TB as a reality check. Tim's has unwavering desire and maybe his  unusually strong faith has got him believing in a potential miracle that could fulfill his NFL QBing dream. BB is obviously more realistic. Though to most, my use of "logical conclusion" will sound rediculous under these circumstances. But when you consider Tim's strength and committment to his trust in God, he knows that it is possible in his heart as he is a soldier for God. Maybe he sees giving in only shows a crack in his life's foundation, HIS TRUST IN GOD. For most of us, "Oh, come on!" is a likely response to this theory. For the strongest of believers, "This is an opprotunity that God may choose to use me in to prove that he is real." Rediculous? Time will tell.

His faith is omnipresent in his life. That is good, especially in these times. Stupid people mock him for that and clearly let their disdain for God and Tebow cloud their vision.

But I don't think faith is his only consideration when sticking to his guns. I think he simply looks at the facts and realizes he has been an effective guy despite dragging the massive ball and chain of prejudice and stupidity along with him.

He knows he won the Heisman. He knows he was a 1st round draft pick. He knows he took a 1-4 team over from a decent NFL starter Orton, and went 7-4 with it to get to the playoffs despite Horseface throwing him under the bus daily. He knows he beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh in the playoffs. He survived the wretched dysfunction that is Rexy's jets. And he knows he outplayed Mallet who has years in the system in the final pre-season game after getting the full camp under his belt.

He probably doesn't give a rat's azz about the dopes clamoring about how he didn't pass their "eye test" He probably is just looking at the facts and saying the spin doesn't add up to the reality. And he's right.

Let's cut through the crap here. Libs hate this kid. Generally, his most objective support comes from more middle of the road to conservative types. The left wingers that give this guy a fair shake are very few and far between.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

His faith is omnipresent in his life. That is good, especially in these times. Stupid people mock him for that and clearly let their disdain for God and Tebow cloud their vision.

But I don't think faith is his only consideration when sticking to his guns. I think he simply looks at the facts and realizes he has been an effective guy despite dragging the massive ball and chain of prejudice and stupidity along with him.

He knows he won the Heisman. He knows he was a 1st round draft pick. He knows he took a 1-4 team over from a decent NFL starter Orton, and went 7-4 with it to get to the playoffs despite Horseface throwing him under the bus daily. He knows he beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh in the playoffs. He survived the wretched dysfunction that is Rexy's jets. And he knows he outplayed Mallet who has years in the system in the final pre-season game after getting the full camp under his belt.

He probably doesn't give a rat's azz about the dopes clamoring about how he didn't pass their "eye test" He probably is just looking at the facts and saying the spin doesn't add up to the reality. And he's right.

Let's cut through the crap here. Libs hate this kid. Generally, his most objective support comes from more middle of the road to conservative types. The left wingers that give this guy a fair shake are very few and far between.

I certainly agree with all of this Babe. I have said before, Give me an ugly winner over a pretty loser ANYDAY. Tim Tebow is a proven winner at every level. Almost seems to be more of a test as to what we as a "culture" are willing to accept.  Dude is polarizing to say the least.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Babe, Do you believe there is an NFL wide conspiracy against Tebow?  

Is that why no one has picked him up yet?

Is that why the Montreal Allouetes GM said he could try out for the backup QB position there?  

Did BB cut him knowing that he 'outperformed' Mallet?  

Did the same coach that gave him a shot after he had sat for 6 weeks with NO OTHER TEAM picking him up, cut him because he is part of the NFL anti-Tebow conspiracy?

Here's a good read about Tebow in the Christian Science Monitor which is apparently in on the Tebow conspiracy:

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Sports/2013/0902/Could-Tim-Tebow-cut-it-in-Canada-or-the-Arena-league-video

When Tebow was cut by the Jets earlier this year, at least three indoor football teams expressed an interest in signing him. They probably still would. If Tebow signed for the Orlando Predators in his native Florida, he would create more racket than a shuttle launch. He would be indoor football's David Beckham.

Meanwhile, the team in Canada that holds Tebow's rights has taken a quarterback with similarly gruesome throwing mechanics and turned him into perhaps the most successful player in league history.

"In either league, Tebow would still be a project. His greatest weaknesses – passing accuracy and quick decisionmaking – would be exposed cruelly. As much as the NFL has become a passer's league, the CFL and Arena league do it more. If you cannot pass, you cannot win, and if Tebow cannot begin to find the broadside of barns with his passes, he'll soon find himself without a job again – and nowhere else to turn."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

They were making fun of him on sports radio here in Toronto.  Had a fake Tebow call in and say he was reading the Book of Job . . . because he needed one . . . 

Yeah, Canadian entertainment is mostly second rate.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Is that why the Montreal Allouetes GM said he could try out for the backup QB position there?  

Did the same coach that gave him a shot after he had sat for 6 weeks with NO OTHER TEAM picking him up, cut him because he is part of the NFL anti-Tebow conspiracy?

Here's a good read about Tebow in the Christian Science Monitor which is apparently in on the Tebow conspiracy:

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Sports/2013/0902/Could-Tim-Tebow-cut-it-in-Canada-or-the-Arena-league-video

When Tebow was cut by the Jets earlier this year, at least three indoor football teams expressed an interest in signing him. They probably still would. If Tebow signed for the Orlando Predators in his native Florida, he would create more racket than a shuttle launch. He would be indoor football's David Beckham.

Meanwhile, the team in Canada that holds Tebow's rights has taken a quarterback with similarly gruesome throwing mechanics and turned him into perhaps the most successful player in league history.

"In either league, Tebow would still be a project. His greatest weaknesses – passing accuracy and quick decisionmaking – would be exposed cruelly. As much as the NFL has become a passer's league, the CFL and Arena league do it more. If you cannot pass, you cannot win, and if Tebow cannot begin to find the broadside of barns with his passes, he'll soon find himself without a job again – and nowhere else to turn."

Agreed

And Tebow really didnt come close to Mallett, either at camp or upside potential. Listen to the pro experts - Dilfer and Jaws. As to Elway- like him or not - he decided that PM was a better qb.

And yes the Jests are dysfunctional. And yes he was great in college. But college is the minor leagues. Tebow was a Triple 4A talent. No one thought McD was smart in taking him and he was a lot more lucky than good in all of his wins. there are a lot of winners in college who dont really make it in the NFl - Young, any USC QB, most of the Fla qbs.

I was thrilled to have him go out on the last play with a TD. And can only admire him for what TB said abouit him this morning. But he had to go.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Conspiracies require themselves to be hidden. Nothing much is hidden when it comes to prejudice against Tebow.

Why is he not picked up yet? I don't know, could it be that he just got dumped when teams were about to break camp at a position which requires a good grasp of a system? Could he have a deal with BB to come back after week one so the contract isn't guaranteed? Could many teams be shy of the media frenzy he brings through no fault of his own? Could some of these garbage teams be afraid of having their already well scrutinized dysfunction being scrutinized x10 more with Tebow on the roster?

I don't know, and neither do you.

I suspect the Alouettes have a starting QB and wouldn't throw him under the bus in public like that loser Horseface did.

What is BB going to do, cut another of his high round draft picks in Mallet amidst one of his worst seasons of cutting his draft failures? Mallet has done absolutely nothing to impress anybody.

NO OTHER TEAM PICKED HIM UP? You are privy to what offers or feelers Tebow may have had before he signed with the Pats?

Care to have your azz handed to you some more?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

As to Elway- like him or not - he decided that PM was a better qb.

Right. And he went one and out after mortgaging the franchise for years to come for the aging money grubber, Fetus Head. Tebow actually won a road playoff game for them. LMAO

Those facts are such pesky things.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Right. And he went one and out after mortgaging the franchise for years to come for the aging money grubber, Fetus Head. Tebow actually won a road playoff game for them. LMAO

Babe, not that it matters because Pitt was still the better team even sans Ryan Clark but that game was played in Denver. I've told you that a few times!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

And Tebow really didnt come close to Mallett, either at camp or upside potential.

FACT: Outplayed him in the final pre-season game after just finishing his first camp while Mallet has been in the system for years.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:

Babe, not that it matters because Pitt was still the better team even sans Ryan Clark but that game was played in Denver. I've told you that a few times!

My bad. I was pretty sure I had looked that up but you're right. (Still an impressive clutch performance by TT.)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I certainly agree with all of this Babe. I have said before, Give me an ugly winner over a pretty loser ANYDAY. Tim Tebow is a proven winner at every level. Almost seems to be more of a test as to what we as a "culture" are willing to accept.  Dude is polarizing to say the least.

I have to go with facts over spin just about every time Rally. And the facts tell a whole different story about TT than the spin.

And when the chips were down and TT had been looking pretty weak in his performances for the Pats; he plays well and outperformed Mallet in the end despite being a FNG.

There are places this guy could perhaps flourish in the NFL. Look at the collection of stiffs some of these teams have for QBs. You just KNOW they are going nowhere. But a guy like Tebow could light a fire and make an otherwise dismal team go for a run at something.

I am continually astonished at how plain old dumb as a stump people are, and that includes NFL people.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

FACT: Outplayed him in the final pre-season game after just finishing his first camp while Mallet has been in the system for years.

[/QUOTE]

FACT: If you think so on the last game- I don't

Please don't make me defend PM - LOL -I am a Brady guy

But there is NO NFL expert who would pick Tebow over PM - NONE

Elway took a swing -it wasnt PM's fault they lost- it was the DB who choked

And for NFL history - Dilfer was a SB winning QB -and he got axed cause he couldn't throw

This is a passing league and he cannot pass - being lucky can only go so far, We as Pat's fans got lucky in the 18-1 season (Balt and Ginatgs) and lost our luck in the SB

Your hatred for Elway is noted

I have no need to disparage your opinions i just honestly disagree

BB just said that he would not rule out bringing TT back -

Who am I? But I would disagree with but I will not argue with BB

Have a good day!

Go Pats

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Well the world anxiously awaits the next chapter in the Tebow saga.

Will he be playing football ANYWHERE this winter?

Will he ever change his Twitter site to reflect the fact that he ISN'T an NFL quarterback?

All Tebow does is win yet no team wants him.

Yup it's a conspiracy.

Sections
Shortcuts