Quarterbacks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Quarterbacks

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

FACT: Outplayed him in the final pre-season game after just finishing his first camp while Mallet has been in the system for years.

FACT: If you think so on the last game- I don't

I'm not "thinking" anything.

Here's the facts I'm addressing:

Tebow - 2 TDs 1 INT, 83.7 PR, 17 touches - 121 yards.

Mallet - 1 TD 1 INT, 79.4 PR, 18 touches - 115 yards.

Clearly TT outplayed RM.

Now that we have seen the facts, let's hear your spin.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Please don't make me defend PM - LOL -I am a Brady guy

But there is NO NFL expert who would pick Tebow over PM - NONE

Never said TT was as good as Manning.

But I'll tell you what, I have half a mind that if a big game was close at the end I just might rather have TT than Fetus Head. One guy just somehow gets it done when things get crazy from what we have seen, the other guy has made a career of not doing that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Please don't make me defend PM - LOL -I am a Brady guy

But there is NO NFL expert who would pick Tebow over PM - NONE

Never said TT was as good as Manning.

But I'll tell you what, I have half a mind that if a big game was close at the end I just might rather have TT than Fetus Head. One guy just somehow gets it done when things get crazy from what we have seen, the other guy has made a career of not doing that.

And that for sure is one thing you cannot take away from TT -

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

3 pages of posts devoted almost exclusively to Tim Tebow who has demonstrated that he simply cannot play quarterback in this league and done so on 3 NFL teams.  Perhaps we'd like to discuss why the Pats should have kept Hart Lee Dykes as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

FACT: Outplayed him in the final pre-season game after just finishing his first camp while Mallet has been in the system for years.

FACT: If you think so on the last game- I don't

I'm not "thinking" anything.

Here's the facts I'm addressing:

Tebow - 2 TDs 1 INT, 83.7 PR, 17 touches - 121 yards.

Mallet - 1 TD 1 INT, 79.4 PR, 18 touches - 115 yards.

Clearly TT outplayed RM.

Now that we have seen the facts, let's hear your spin.

[/quote]

Lets subtract the 25 yards he lost when this supposedly great runner was sacked 4 times. That puts him right about where he was passing the ball for 91 yards + 5 overall for running = 96 yards.

Lets also address his decision making in throwing the ball with 9 seconds left and the LEAD.

Mallet had a completion rate of 62.5% while Tebow completed 54.5%

Never mind that Sims had two great catches plus a Giants DB falling down on his 39 yard TD run following the 13 yard Tebow toss.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

3 pages of posts devoted almost exclusively to Tim Tebow who has demonstrated that he simply cannot play quarterback in this league and done so on 3 NFL teams.  Perhaps we'd like to discuss why the Pats should have kept Hart Lee Dykes as well.

ROFL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:

[QUOTE]

Babe, Do you believe there is an NFL wide conspiracy against Tebow?  

Is that why no one has picked him up yet?

Is that why the Montreal Allouetes GM said he could try out for the backup QB position there?  

Did BB cut him knowing that he 'outperformed' Mallet?  

Did the same coach that gave him a shot after he had sat for 6 weeks with NO OTHER TEAM picking him up, cut him because he is part of the NFL anti-Tebow conspiracy?

Here's a good read about Tebow in the Christian Science Monitor which is apparently in on the Tebow conspiracy:

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Sports/2013/0902/Could-Tim-Tebow-cut-it-in-Canada-or-the-Arena-league-video

When Tebow was cut by the Jets earlier this year, at least three indoor football teams expressed an interest in signing him. They probably still would. If Tebow signed for the Orlando Predators in his native Florida, he would create more racket than a shuttle launch. He would be indoor football's David Beckham.

Meanwhile, the team in Canada that holds Tebow's rights has taken a quarterback with similarly gruesome throwing mechanics and turned him into perhaps the most successful player in league history.

"In either league, Tebow would still be a project. His greatest weaknesses – passing accuracy and quick decisionmaking – would be exposed cruelly. As much as the NFL has become a passer's league, the CFL and Arena league do it more. If you cannot pass, you cannot win, and if Tebow cannot begin to find the broadside of barns with his passes, he'll soon find himself without a job again – and nowhere else to turn."

Conspiracies require themselves to be hidden. Nothing much is hidden when it comes to prejudice against Tebow.

Why is he not picked up yet? I don't know, could it be that he just got dumped when teams were about to break camp at a position which requires a good grasp of a system? Could he have a deal with BB to come back after week one so the contract isn't guaranteed? Could many teams be shy of the media frenzy he brings through no fault of his own? Could some of these garbage teams be afraid of having their already well scrutinized dysfunction being scrutinized x10 more with Tebow on the roster?

I don't know, and neither do you.

I suspect the Alouettes have a starting QB and wouldn't throw him under the bus in public like that loser Horseface did.

What is BB going to do, cut another of his high round draft picks in Mallet amidst one of his worst seasons of cutting his draft failures? Mallet has done absolutely nothing to impress anybody.

NO OTHER TEAM PICKED HIM UP? You are privy to what offers or feelers Tebow may have had before he signed with the Pats?

Care to have your azz handed to you some more?

[/QUOTE]

Here's a hint Babe.  It has nothing to do with bias.  NFL GMs only care about performance, and Tebow's performance is bad.  His completion percentage is dismal. There are plenty of people who feel one way or the other about Tebow because of his religiousity.  I could care less about that, and I'm sure there's no GM in the NFL who would turn Tebow down if he believed Tebow could perform at an NFL level.  But Tebow is't an NFL (or CFL) QB.  He's simply not a good enough passer.  As Jim Popp (the Montreal GM) said, the only way you could employ him is if you developed a special system just for him, and few, if any, teams are going to do that. If Tebow wants to be a professional QB, whether in the states or Canada, he should hire a professional coach (he's got the money) and spend a full year perfecting and practicing his throwing. Then he should seek to get camp invites next year in both the states and Canada.  But I'm afraid unless and until he can improve his throwing mechanics, no team is going to waste time and resources putting him through QB school. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I wish they had gotten somebody like Phil Simms kid at least he has an nfl arm for the PS

Seawolf

Since Matt Simms is a local kid (Don Bosco Prep, Ramsay, NJ) I have been following his career since HS. Matt played for 3 colleges and started no more than 10 Division 1 games in his entire career. He did not exactly light it up for Tennessee. He got a tryout with the Jets last year and was cut after he did not show much in the 2012 preseason. Somehow he progressed greatly training over the last year and into this year. This preseason his completion rate (70%+) and QB rating (around 135) are way up there. Frankly, he got the tryout by the Jets last year as a favor to his father, Phil. He has really come out of nowhere and he may go back to nowhere. That is up to him at this point, not his Dad. I wish him the best and the Jets actually deserve credit for giving him a shot back in 2012 and having him back this year.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

This team has perfected the art of stashing players away (wink) until November.  This trend started as long ago as Junior Seau, who as a starter was suddenly there in November for BB.  I keep seeing these stashes every year with New England, players who have practiced with the Patriots and are ready to go.  The M.O. always has an established player in for camp, then he's cut, then he sits at home until callup.  Tebow, being a player that nobody else in the NFL or CFL wants, is a good candidate.

When the weather turns cold, passing isn't quite as important and running takes over on the windiest, coldest, snowiest days.  That's closer to Tebow Time, not 70 degrees, sunny and 3 mph winds. 

I always thought of Tebow as a fourth round draft pick, maybe ok, maybe not, even when he went in the first round, and I still see him as a fourth rounder.  He'll never make it as a pure quarterback, he's a tweener only.  BB loves tweeners.  Everybody else hates them.

The tea leaves have nothing but praise for Tebow.  Bob Kraft is gushing about the guy on CBS with Charlie Rose this week.  This is after Tebow has been cut.  I sniff a call-up, maybe in November.

BB and staff must ask the basic question, if I put this guy on the active roster this week, how much will Tim Tebow help me win this particular game?  We'll split this question into two categories: if Tom Brady is around, and if Tom Brady has busted his buns. 

If Brady is slinging, Tebow's role is simply that he's a curve ball, a wildcat or read-option play to be used twice a game, to put the defense back on its heels, to make Brady's fastball that much more potent.  Also, Tebow can mop up a big win with running plays when everybody in the stadium expects a run, saving Brady's valuable body for next week.  In addition, if Tebow is available and occasionally running, each opponent needs to prepare for the Tebow running play tree.  In that respect, Tim Tebow could be activated every second week and still help BB win those particular games when he's sitting on the bench, if only by just a tiny bit. 

If Brady is out and Mallett is slinging, the dropoff between Mallett and Tebow is noticably less than between Brady and Tebow.  Mallett can't run a lick.  Put Tebow's read-option into the game on most of the obvious running plays and then put Mallett right back in on first and 10.  Again, Mallett doesn't get pounded as much per game, and he's the last pure quarterback that BB has other than JAGs.  Tebow the running back gets a blow after every one or two plays, and Tebow is just as good as Mallett whenever people are expecting a run.  Again, Tebow drives defenses nuts and gets them on their heels with his sudden change-of-pace plays in the middle of the game, which makes Mallett's passing look better. 

So when does Tebow get picked up?  Who knows.  BB probably wants to pick up one more slightly promising rookie player this week while the rookies are hot.  Bringing Tebow back for week 2 is a far outside chance, if perhaps two Patriots should go on injured reserve after week 1.  Tebow would just love to play the Jets. 

Realistically, the first two games are gimmes.  Tebow could be more useful at winning games in weeks 4 through 6, against quality opponents.  Then comes PUP time in week 7, so that's an unlikely call-up period.  Armstead needs to come back.  After that, just wait for someone to head for Injured Reserve and then there's a slot for Tebow. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

3 pages of posts devoted almost exclusively to Tim Tebow who has demonstrated that he simply cannot play quarterback in this league and done so on 3 NFL teams.

Shhhh, you're going to hurt the Steelers feelings saying stuff like that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Lets subtract the 25 yards he lost when this supposedly great runner was sacked 4 times.

Oh, I see, sacks are the QBs fault. The desperation is setting in.

You must be one of those guys who likes to have his cake and eat it too. TT was playing with inferior personnel to Mallet's supporting crew.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Mallet had a completion rate of 62.5% while Tebow completed 54.5%

And TT had more yards per attempt. Bottom line: he outplayed Mallet. The only way around that is to cherry pick and spin.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Here's a hint Babe.  It has nothing to do with bias.  NFL GMs only care about performance, and Tebow's performance is bad.  His completion percentage is dismal.

Here's a hint prolate. His numbers compare VERY favorably with Luck's. Case closed on that little end run of yours.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I was a Tebow fan until after the day I watched him practice in camp, after that there was no way I thought he could play. I liked the run he had in Denver...I thought he had a little something special as a football player in him to string wins together like that..I was wrong. This guy does not have an arm, accuracy or the ability to see what is going on out there. I think his wins came from a number of different things now...luck, good running, facing teams that hadn't seen him before, etc. He seems like a good guy, I just don't think we'll see him playing in the NFL as a quarterback ever again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Here's a hint Babe.  It has nothing to do with bias.  NFL GMs only care about performance, and Tebow's performance is bad.  His completion percentage is dismal.

Here's a hint prolate. His numbers compare VERY favorably with Luck's. Case closed on that little end run of yours.

Luck threw for over 4,000 yards last year.  Tebow threw for around 1,700 the year he played with the Broncos.  Not even close.  You're usually more objective than this.  I have no problem with Tebow as a person, but no unbiased observer of his performance believes he's an NFL or CFL calibre passer now.  Could he develop into one? Maybe, but honestly I think it's a very, very long shot indeed.  

At halftime of tonight's Montreal-Toronto game, the TV analysts were discussing whethrr Tebow could make it here in the CFL or whether Vince Young had a better shot (Montreal owns the rights to both).  The consensus was in favour of Young.  That tells a lot.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

[QUOTE]

Lets subtract the 25 yards he lost when this supposedly great runner was sacked 4 times.

Oh, I see, sacks are the QBs fault. The desperation is setting in.

You must be one of those guys who likes to have his cake and eat it too. TT was playing with inferior personnel to Mallet's supporting crew.

[/QUOTE]

You drank the Kool Aid. I can understand your obsessive defense of Brady because a lot of what you say is absolutely true but you've just gone off the deep end over TT.

Is he a relative?

I thought this was just an extension of hating Mallet who I agree is also too stupid to run the Pats O but it appears beyond that.