Question about Brett Farve

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LawsArmyGear. Show LawsArmyGear's posts

Question about Brett Farve

On ESPN,Farve has said that he played all last year with a torn bicep when he was with the Jets.He also said the Jets coaching staff knew about it and told him to play anyways.My question is:Are the Jets responsible for having that in an injury report?If so,could there be any penalties for them not reporting it?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeonLike. Show LeonLike's posts

Re: Question about Brett Farve

Coming from a fan who's team never tells anybody anything about a players injury staus...don't you think that it's a rather stupid question?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

The only thing teams are required to report is a players potential availability week to week, i.e.: Probable, questionable, out. If Green New Jersey chose to list Favre as available despite the fact the he was hurt, that is entirely up to them. Do not forget, Favre is a preening diva, and even if he really was hurt (which I am prepared not to believe) he himself would still insist on playing because he doesn't care anything at all about team success . . .  the only thing that is important to him is his "iron man" streak.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LawsArmyGear. Show LawsArmyGear's posts

In Response to Re: Question about Brett Farve:
    [QUOTE]The only thing teams are required to report is a players potential availability week to week, i.e.: Probable, questionable, out. If Green New Jersey chose to list Favre as available despite the fact the he was hurt, that is entirely up to them. Do not forget, Favre is a preening diva, and even if he really was hurt (which I am prepared not to believe) he himself would still insist on playing because he doesn't care anything at all about team success . . .  the only thing that is important to him is his "iron man" streak.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]
    Thanks Mike.
      Oh and Leon,GFY.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Wow. He played with a torn bicep and a lobotomy. What a guy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LawsArmyGear. Show LawsArmyGear's posts

In Response to Re: Question about Brett Farve:
    [QUOTE]Coming from a fan who's team never tells anybody anything about a players injury staus...don't you think that it's a rather stupid question?
    Posted by LeonLike[/QUOTE]

Please note the last paragraph.Now,who looks like they gave a STUPID answer Leon?I guess I should have expected as much from an ignorant Troll like you.Your Mommy's calling,she has your peanut butter and fluff sandwich and a juice box ready for you.Bon Appetit loser.

From NYDailyNews.com:

Every time Brett Favre discusses his late-season collapse with the Jets, the condition of his then-injured right arm gets worse.

Favre revealed Wednesday that he knew about his torn biceps tendon with four or five games left in the season, and that he was willing to sit down even though it would've meant breaking his Iron Man streak.

"Absolutely, I was receptive to (sitting) last year," Favre told reporters yesterday at the Vikings' facility. "When we finally did an MRI and found out I had a torn biceps last year, I felt like, with about four or five games left, that even though I was making some pretty good throws and some decent plays, I felt like I was doing the team more harm because I was missing on some throws."

Favre said he discussed the issue with the coaches and front office. He "backed off in practice" and took two cortisone shots. He said they decided "it was best...to just finish it out."

If the Jets knew about the injury and limited Favre's practice time, they may have violated a league rule because Favre never appeared on an injury report.

GM Mike Tannenbaum wasn't available to comment, according to a team spokesman.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2009/09/10/2009-09-10_brett_favre_claim.html#ixzz0QigkBKSf

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LawsArmyGear. Show LawsArmyGear's posts

Hey Leon,here's some more information about the "stupid" question I asked.This is from ESPN.com:

The NFL is looking into Brett Favre's remarks that he had a torn right biceps tendon last season even though he was not listed on the New York Jets' injury reports, a league spokesman said in an e-mail.

In the past, teams have been fined anywhere between $10,000 and $25,000 for not being forthright on their injury reports, but the amount of the fine depends on the violation, and could exceed that range. A team never has lost a draft pick for violating the injury report guidelines.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from trollslayer. Show trollslayer's posts

Leon why dont you cry just like favre? Sure tell all the other teams who is hurt so they go after that player, what a novel concept! You are a dumb-a** arent you.

You played football right?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sections
Shortcuts