Question about CB depth Chart

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Re: Question about CB depth Chart

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Say what you will about Arrington... I would agree with most of it especially when he gets matched up or is asked to cover outside the numbers. With Denver being the biggest obstacle for the Pats and the job Arrington did on Welker especially in the game at Foxboro last year, I think it is worth it to have him for those games this year. Take away Mannings check down option in Welker  and then watch him have to force throws to receivers being covered by Revis, Browning, Dennard and Ryan. I skewered Arrington in the past but if the secondary stays healthy he won't be asked to do things he may not be capable of doing.

He also led the nfl in ints in 2011 and took cruz out of the slot in sb 46.

I literally have no idea what people are talking about here.  In the inside, he is superb.

Sadly, he has had better postseasons lately than brady.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Say what you will about Arrington... I would agree with most of it especially when he gets matched up or is asked to cover outside the numbers. With Denver being the biggest obstacle for the Pats and the job Arrington did on Welker especially in the game at Foxboro last year, I think it is worth it to have him for those games this year. Take away Mannings check down option in Welker  and then watch him have to force throws to receivers being covered by Revis, Browning, Dennard and Ryan. I skewered Arrington in the past but if the secondary stays healthy he won't be asked to do things he may not be capable of doing.

[/QUOTE]

I literally have no idea what people are talking about here.  In the inside, he is superb.

[/QUOTE]

this is why you are repeatedly whooped on this board, in case you had doubt

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to ronk1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Stating facts is why, bustchise?  That makes little sense. I am just glad you have outed another pats poseur name of yours.

Was "gronk1" taken, busty?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think he is a good slot CB, but has his postseasons been something? Not looking at the stats. In 9 postseason games he has zero picks, 2 defensed passes, 2 forced fumbles, and a single stuff.

Supra societatem nemo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to DanishPastry's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think he is a good slot CB, but has his postseasons been something? Not looking at the stats. In 9 postseason games he has zero picks, 2 defensed passes, 2 forced fumbles, and a single stuff.

Supra societatem nemo

[/QUOTE]

That is because balls are not thrown his way.  If you look at the games he had played in as a slot cb, that is where he thrives.

Honestly, i cannot believe this thread exists. For years, people have been enraged that bb didn't weaken the team by paying 16 mil per for an asamougha in a flat cap or trade up into the top 5 wasting picks for an elite talent.

Now, we have revis and browner mainly due to bb's brilliant money management off the lockout and some want to thin the crop?

The ideal scenario is arrington in the slot, and with a bulge of very good or great perimeter cbs, that forces him to play inside.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Stating facts is why, bustchise?  That makes little sense. I am just glad you have outed another pats poseur name of yours.

[/QUOTE]

is this recent enough for you dork?

Jan. 13, 2013: Patriots 41, Texans 28
    Brady: 25-for-40, 344 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INT

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Afc title.games, not divisional round games, bustchise.

I just love it when you lose one of your pats poseur board names that you try to fool people with here. I was suspicious from the outset, but since you don't use this one much, i was not sure.

Thanks, busty.

What are you up to now, 35 open board names?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I just love it when you lose one of your pats poseur board names that you try to fool people with here. I was suspicious from the outset, but since you don't use this one much, i was not sure.

Thanks, busty.

[/QUOTE]

you said, and I quote, "post seasons"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, busty.

[/QUOTE]

you said, and I quote, "post seasons"

[/QUOTE]

I do not care bustchise.  It can be overall or in title games or super bowls.  Arrington has played better regardless.

Sad, but true.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Arrington played very well last year in the slot. He alos played hurt and had surgery right after the seaon was over

He fell off a little - but he was playing injured and when the Pats had way too mnay injuries and couldnt afford to lose any more players.

The Pats may very well have the best set of CB's in the NFL - exited about all of them

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land