Question about screen plays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Question about screen plays

Why don't we run them anymore? Play-calling?

Is it because we utilize different personnel groupings from previous years? I mean we were the best team in the NFL at running those screens. Our linemen got out and made excellent blocks. It was also a good change of pace.

Do we not have the right player(s)?

I don't get it. What is it?

It's not that we run fewer screen plays. We don't run ANY AT ALL. It just suddenly stopped.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Question about screen plays

In Response to Question about screen plays:
    [QUOTE]Why don't we run them anymore? Play-calling? Is it because we utilize different personnel groupings from previous years? I mean we were the best team in the NFL at running those screens. Our linemen got out and made excellent blocks. It was also a good change of pace. Do we not have the right player(s)? I don't get it. What is it? It's not that we run fewer screen plays. We don't run ANY AT ALL. It just suddenly stopped.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

It seems like Ridley and Woodhead could be better utilized with the screen play.....Faulk is not around so he can not be used....It seems like the screen play keeps the LB's on their toes!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Right! So why don't we run them?!?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Brady said once they are risky because there is only one eligible receiver, so if the defense sniffs it out you lose a down best case, turnover worst case.  I think they are so good without screens they see no reason to bother.  Plus defenses rarely sell out the blitz against Brady which is when screens are most effective.  I'm sure they've got plenty of screen plays on the books for when they think it will work - hopefully not like that screen to Law Firm last January.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

To be honest with you guys imo the absence of Hernandez made this team eerily similar to the 2009 offense.(The same offense BB just said in "a football life" that would be dead if WW and Moss were taken away) In this case Gronkowski plays the role of Moss and WW stars as himself. We either cannot or will not use a power run set more then a few charity plays a game, and we come out in a spread no matter what the other team is doing on defense.

I know everybody looks at the numbers this offense puts up and instantly rejects the idea they could be responsible for the outcome of games in a negative fashion, but the fact is with the best QB and the best head coach in the game today, the N.E Patriots need to be about more then just high scoring offense.

We need to start controlling the game through the offense. Help our young and suspect defense by dominating T.O.P more then we do. Run the ball and move Bady back under center(at least more then we do now). Utilize the skills of the best play action QB on the planet, bring back the screen game and get unpredictable on offense. Enough with the same look  over and over.

BJGE at single back will be a run. Woodhead at single back with 4 receivers will be a pass with the occasional woody draw because we finally recognize 6 defensive backs on the field. Its tough watching the "Best" offense in football putting its defense in bad position by throwing it 50 times no matter which type of defense they are up against.

Anyway sorry about the rant, and my brother and I were talking at length about not seeing the screen used recently, especially in yesterdays 5 wide and predictable 4 interception heavy pass offense! How many times did the runningbacks fumble the ball away? Yep. Every good QB needs to get a running game going sooner or later. We should have checked to a run about 50% of the time against that Bills defense with 5-6 DB's on the field. ESPECIALLY when up 21-0.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Question about screen plays:
    [QUOTE]Why don't we run them anymore? Play-calling? Is it because we utilize different personnel groupings from previous years? I mean we were the best team in the NFL at running those screens. Our linemen got out and made excellent blocks. It was also a good change of pace. Do we not have the right player(s)? I don't get it. What is it? It's not that we run fewer screen plays. We don't run ANY AT ALL. It just suddenly stopped.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

maybe because it slows down the accumulation yards, which hinders how may records can be broken.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Question about screen plays:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Question about screen plays : maybe because it slows down the accumulation yards, which hinders how may records can be broken.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

COLD BLOODED!