Question concerning Patriots team captains patch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Question concerning Patriots team captains patch

My son wants a custom Patriots jersey with his name and number.  I was thinking it would be cool to add the team captains patch on the jersey.  As I have been searching for photos of where the Patriots place the captains patch on the jersey I can not find any pictures of where a Patriot player ever wore a captains patch.

So my question is has there been a Patriot player over the last 5-10 years who has wore a captains patch on their jersey?  If so who?  Any photos that can be provided in this thread would be appreciated if there has been a player who wore such patch. 

Thanks and Happy Holidays!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Re: Question concerning Patriots team captains patch

In Response to Re: Question concerning Patriots team captains patch:
    [QUOTE]Do they even wear one? I don't remember ever seeing it.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]
    Yes they do.
    It has a C with 4 stars beneath on a like 5x3 rectangle patch.  The stars are for colored in each year the player is a captain, So it takes 4 years for all of them to be colored.

look-
    1. Captains must be elected for a year-long term to qualify for the “C"
    Several teams chose not to name season-long captains, opting instead to select their captains on a week-to-week basis: Baltimore, Green Bay, Jacksonville, Minnesota, Philadelphia and Washington.  

This explains some notable “C”-less players, like Ray Lewis, Favre and Donovan McNabb, who must all be at least somewhat miffed at the lesser lights like Losman being honored league-wide.

2. Teams can only have six players wear the “C” 
    If you wondered why Tom Brady – as obvious a captain as there is in the league – didn’t have a “C,” it’s because the Patriots elected seven captains (yes, Brady was one of them). The Rams selected nine, including the offensive law firm of Bulger, Jackson, Holt and Bruce. 

And in San Francisco, head coach Mike Nolan showed he likes captains as much as he likes snazzy suits – the Niners named 11 team captains, plus three more on a week-to-week basis.

One Joe Montana would have done nicely instead, but let’s not get stuck in the past.   

3. Teams can also do whatever floats their boat Houston is planning to re-vote on their captains in midseason, which seems to go away from the “year-long captain” concept. Yet Andre Johnson, DeMeco Ryans and kicker Kris Brown all got to wear Cs in Week 1.

Meanwhile the Chargers named five season captains, including LaDainian Tomlinson, but didn’t wear Cs against the Bears. The Cowboys had four captains, but no C’s.  

4. We still don't know what's up with the stars
    As to the four stars in the patch that appear below the “C,” the rumors were that these are supposed to be color-coded to represent different levels of captaincy somehow.

Sounds neat, like playing Stratego.

But no mention was made of stars in the league release, and we're damned if we can figure it out. We'll keep trying though.   

5. Apparently, offensive tackles and tight ends aren’t big on leadership
    There were 26 teams that named permanent captains (semi-permanent in Houston’s case), and 135 total captains.

Yet only two tackles managed to earn the “C:” Jonas Jennings of captain-happy San Fran and Wayne Gandy of the Falcons. And two tight ends: Alge Crumpler of Atlanta and Jason Witten of Dallas.

Meanwhile, 33 of the 135 captains are linebackers (many of them special teams).

And 18 of the 26 teams have a "C" planted on the right arms of their quarterbacks – although it's Trent Dilfer, not Alex Smith in San Francisco. (Yes, Dilfer, the 2000 Super Bowl champion, is still in the NFL, and a captain no less.)

The Week 1 starting QBs on permanent-captain teams who didn’t earn the insignia: Matt Leinart (Arizona), Joey Harrington (Atlanta), Rex Grossman (Chicago), Matt Schaub (Houston), Damon Huard (Kansas City), Josh McCown (Oakland), Ben Roethlisberger (Pittsburgh), Alex Smith (San Francisco), Charlie Frye (Cleveland).

The breakdown of captains:
    • QB – 18 
    • RB – 8 
    • WR – 13 
    • TE – 2
    • T – 2
    • G – 3 
    • C – 8 
    • DT – 6 
    • DE – 12 
    • LB – 33
    • CB – 5
    • S – 10
    • K – 9
    • P – 4  
    6. Great idea, but the NFL needs to make some changes The NFL is a success in part because of its wonderful nuance, and this captain idea is a winning nuance. It worked great for hockey, and if the NFL can figure out a way to get everyone acting in a more unified fashion, it could be a great tradition in the league for the next 50 years.

But it just doesn’t make sense to have J.P. Losman running around with a "C" on his chest while future Hall of Famers and Super Bowl champions Tom Brady, Ray Lewis and Brett Favre dress like mortals. The league should get the “C” on all of its high-profile players – rewrite the rules, if they have to. It’s not like anyone really cares.

Let’s face it, the captain’s insignias aren’t going to change the course of human events – or the outcome of games. They're just an interesting sidelight off of the main stage ... but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be the best they can be.

So, with that, we leave it to the man who wears the "C" on the lapel of his NFL suit: Roger Goodell, a.k.a. the Gridiron Godfather.

C'mon, Roger. Make your teams an offer that they can't refuse.

Aye, aye, captain! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

They've never worn one, kinda goes along with the BB mentality of team before self

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

www.nflgridirongab.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/captainpatch.jpg">\

In an effort to promote team leadership on their 32 teams, the NFL has brought back their “C” program. Only 28 of the 32 teams have permanent Captains’ for the year. The other teams 4 are picked on weekly basis. The captains program was originally rolled out in 2007 by the NFL Player Advisory Council established by commissioner Roger Goodell. This was also done in conjuction with the NFL Players Association.

NFL coaches have strongly backed this idea also, “Our captains are a great representation of the veteran leadership of our team,” says Cincinnati Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis. “The captains represent a diversity of positions, and we will be looking to these players for their professionalism in giving direction to the younger segment of our roster.”

The players seem to really take pride in this also. “Being appointed captain is one of the greatest accomplishments of my career,” says six-year Minnesota Vikings linebacker E.J. Henderson. “To be voted by your teammates as a captain, it’s special. I’m going to take it with pride and wear the ‘C’ with honor.”

You will find a list of Captains for your favorite NFL team. The Cowboys and Patriots lead the League with 8 Captains each. The gold star represents a repeat captain from last year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

www.thepassrush.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/drew-brees.jpg">Drew Brees has accumulated 1131 passing yards so far this season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

charget captains patch

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

whatever you say fruittypants

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

i believe the Patriots jerseys had them last season, but i think they got rid of them this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

NO patches for PATRIOTS   50 seasons patch was last year

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

links

http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index.cfm?ac=gallerydetail&f=49086&searchstring=Tom%20Brady

http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index.cfm?ac=gallerydetail&f=40331&searchstring=Tom%20Brady

http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index.cfm?ac=gallerydetail&f=29146&searchstring=Tom%20Brady

http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index.cfm?ac=gallerydetail&f=24502&searchstring=Tom%20Brady

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Pats captains dont wear them....Like the intro as a team before SB 36....Its the team first mentality

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

[QUOTE]whatever you say fruittypants
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

Ok now I know you're gay....fruitypants?  really...only in California

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

gotta watch out for a guy with a weblows badge!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, excuse me mr. tcal...I SPECIFICALLY recall a Full-Fledged pinky-swear from you, in which you swore to me that you wouldn't be doing this here... 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]gotta watch out for a guy with a weblows badge!
    Posted by Philskiw[/QUOTE]

You don't even wanna know what I had to do to our den-mother in order to secure that sucker.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Question concerning Patriots team captains patch : Ok now I know you're gay....fruitypants?  really...only in California
    Posted by harleyroadking11[/QUOTE]
     This one's for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeQMqVBiEFw

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

^ humor is timing thing, a quick wit and all that. A 6 minute cartoon from a gay troll is not going to hold my interest please try again .....fruityboy   ppftt

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Thanks for the comments everyone!  I can not find a pats picture of a patriot wearing a captains patch and I assume the reason is the team is above displaying it, going with the team approach as also mentioned in this thread.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Hahaha!  The rainbow patch suits Peyton Manning so well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Okay, stay tuned for my Sanchez picture this evening!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

Nice job Tcal ...lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

LOL