QUESTION FOR JBOLT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

QUESTION FOR JBOLT

Bolt - We don't get to see your team play here in the midwest, but your team's 6 game run has been impressive.

Rivers is easily one of the 5 (if not higher) best QB's in the NFL.  What else is going on in SD that has caused your team to turn things around? 

What are expectations for the final 5 games?  Can SD get the #2 seed?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Re: QUESTION FOR JBOLT

A Colts fan asking a Bolts fan a question on a Pats forum.  Wow. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

I'd do it on the "around the league" board, but no one goes there so I ask it here. 
    I would think that most of you would value a little different perspective.  As long as our responses aren't "you su ck because you su ck", then I would think we would add something to the mix. 

Maybe no one else sees it that way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Posted by underdoggg[/QUOTE]

Underduck: My problem with you on this site is that you try to pose yourself as a "just in it for the fun of the game" poster but you are a blatant Colts pusher..

Answer to every question is: Manning is best.
    Plus you dog the Patriots with your sideway praises.

So back to your post, Maybe no one else sees it that way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

gmbill.  I am a colts pusher.  I am a fan.  That makes me no different than you. 

When 2 fans of different teams discuss, it should be expected that they see things differently. 

What I find interesting is that you expect me to see your side of things while you have no expectation of yourself to see mine. 

I have publicly said that Brady throws a better ball and seems to possess more physical gifts than Manning.  If I see Manning as a better overall QB, so what. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to QUESTION FOR JBOLT:
    Bolt - We don't get to see your team play here in the midwest, but your team's 6 game run has been impressive. Rivers is easily one of the 5 (if not higher) best QB's in the NFL.  What else is going on in SD that has caused your team to turn things around?  What are expectations for the final 5 games?  Can SD get the #2 seed?
    Posted by underdoggg

Dallas, Cincinatti, and their own egos are their biggest obstacles.

I don't see them winning both games (particularly @Dallas), but 12-4 would give them a good shot with the Pats playing the Saints tonight and the Bengals playing the Vikings in a couple weeks.  San Diego also gets to play the Bengals head-to-head at home.

They've definitely positioned themselves to control their own destiny if they win out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: QUESTION FOR JBOLT:
    gmbill.  I am a colts pusher.  I am a fan.  That makes me no different than you.  When 2 fans of different teams discuss, it should be expected that they see things differently.  What I find interesting is that you expect me to see your side of things while you have no expectation of yourself to see mine.  I have publicly said that Brady throws a better ball and seems to possess more physical gifts than Manning.  If I see Manning as a better overall QB, so what. 
    Posted by underdoggg

I am not on your site......

Find anyone on here who sees you as rounded in any way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I'd do it on the "around the league" board, but no one goes there so I ask it here.  I would think that most of you would value a little different perspective.  As long as our responses aren't "you su ck because you su ck", then I would think we would add something to the mix.  Maybe no one else sees it that way.
    Posted by underdoggg

We do value a different perspective.  When JBolt first came here he acted much like you do, not really adding anything of value just trying to pull folks strings.  He turned out to be a nice "outside addition" to the board.  Unlike you he knows how to pose his questions.
    I would like JBolt to respond however.  His inputs are always welcome.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

Hey Underdogg! I spent about a half hour or so this morning reading your tortured explanations as to how the Dolts have not benefited from an extraordinary run of "great calls" over the last THREE seasons let alone the last SIX MIRACLE finishes. When you match our streak next week with another "miracle" comeback against the Titans at home in your oven of a Dome, are you going to come onto our board and lecture us about how YOUR team has as much right to call itself the TEAM OF THE DECADE as we do? BTW, when WAS the last time a PI was called against YOUR team at home or on the road????????? ANY this season???? Your team must indeed be the Team of The Decade because last year the Dolt Defense did something NO OTHER TEAM has ever done.....gone an entire season WITHOUT a PI called against them.  Would you AGREE perhaps it is time to ROTATE team representation on the all powerful RULES COMMITTEE??? Your boy Na'Polian has  been on the committee for a VERY LONG TIME. It MIGHT give more credibility to the prowess of your vaunted defense...don't you think?  I think a THREE season term would do just fine with EVERY team being represented at least once every 12 years.  Sounds good to me, how about you?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to QUESTION FOR JBOLT:
    Bolt - We don't get to see your team play here in the midwest, but your team's 6 game run has been impressive. Rivers is easily one of the 5 (if not higher) best QB's in the NFL.  What else is going on in SD that has caused your team to turn things around?  What are expectations for the final 5 games?  Can SD get the #2 seed?
    Posted by underdoggg

It's typical eastcoast bias in the media. Everytime they show highlights of the Chargers on ESPN it's a couple of chicks tryin' to talk over that 'never did anything' Merrill Hoge. Also on CBS- Cowher hates SD (beat him in a huge upset AFCCG), as does Marino (the game before that one), as does Boomer Esiason (80-93 record as a starter), as does ex-Bronco Sharpe. Then on ESPN, you got Tom Jackson, who got worked by Fouts. NBC, Collingsworth played against Fouts' Chargers as well. I really don't care what any of um' say or think though.

Rivers- very simply is having his best year yet. He is on fire and on target.

What else? Defense, as in outstanding defense. 
    http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2009/nov/30/ekevin-acee/
    This team is playing like a team on a mission and could beat anybody in February. 

Expectations- dont lose another game, finish 13-3, get the 2nd seed, beat some also rans in the playoffs, WIN THE SB   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

In Response to QUESTION FOR JBOLT : It's typical eastcoast bias in the media. Everytime they show highlights of the Chargers on ESPN it's a couple of chicks tryin' to talk over that 'never did anything' Merrill Hoge. Also on CBS- Cowher hates SD (beat him in a huge upset AFCCG), as does Marino (the game before that one), as does Boomer Esiason (80-93 record as a starter), as does ex-Bronco Sharpe. Then on ESPN, you got Tom Jackson, who got worked by Fouts. NBC, Collingsworth played against Fouts' Chargers as well. I really don't care what any of um' say or think though. Rivers- very simply is having his best year yet. He is on fire and on target. What else? Defense, as in outstanding defense. This team is playing like a team on a mission and could beat anybody in February.  Expectations- dont lose another game, finish 13-3, get the 2nd seed, beat some also rans in the playoffs, WIN THE SB   
    Posted by jbolted

Wow, I for one, am really glad to read this unbiased opinion.  As a Patriot fan, I somehow feel small and insignificant.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to Re: QUESTION FOR JBOLT : Wow, I for one, am really glad to read this unbiased opinion.  As a Patriot fan, I somehow feel small and insignificant.
    Posted by southernpat

I'm sorry, but, the Chargers are playing the best football in the NFL.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Hey Underdogg! I spent about a half hour or so this morning reading your tortured explanations as to how the Dolts have not benefited from an extraordinary run of "great calls" over the last THREE seasons let alone the last SIX MIRACLE finishes. When you match our streak next week with another "miracle" comeback against the Titans at home in your oven of a Dome, are you going to come onto our board and lecture us about how YOUR team has as much right to call itself the TEAM OF THE DECADE as we do? BTW, when WAS the last time a PI was called against YOUR team at home or on the road????????? ANY this season???? Your team must indeed be the Team of The Decade because last year the Dolt Defense did something NO OTHER TEAM has ever done.....gone an entire season WITHOUT a PI called against them.  Would you AGREE perhaps it is time to ROTATE team representation on the all powerful RULES COMMITTEE??? Your boy Na'Polian has  been on the committee for a VERY LONG TIME. It MIGHT give more credibility to the prowess of your vaunted defense...don't you think?  I think a THREE season term would do just fine with EVERY team being represented at least once every 12 years.  Sounds good to me, how about you?
    Posted by bradleyBliss

Bradley,

As for my posts from last night - they were just sparring with Root.  If somehow I could remove most of what I say to Root from the entire board's eyes, you might see me differently, but I can't and I won't back down from Root.  So, if no one here cares for my presence, that will simply have to be what it is. 

As for the game against the titans.  As of today, I think the Titans win, which keeps the pats win streak record in tact.  I also never believed the colts deserve to be team of the decade.  the steelers and pats get to duke it out for that distinction and I think the pats are a wide margin ahead.

I would not have a problem with Polian being off the committee. 

I don't think our defense is vaunted.  I'll save a term like that for the pats of the early 2000's.

Ultimately, I think you see me as something more sinister than I think I am, but of course, it is not up to me determine what perception others might have of me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

In Response to Re: QUESTION FOR JBOLT : I'm sorry, but, the Chargers are playing the best football in the NFL.
    Posted by jbolted

Really, over the Vikings, Saints, Colts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

They haven't played any of those 3, yet.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: QUESTION FOR JBOLT : I'm sorry, but, the Chargers are playing the best football in the NFL.
    Posted by jbolted

You lost me here, I must have phased out for a minute. How many SB under the belt??? I keep forgetting. They are playing "good - better"  foot ball than they were before, but "best" no sir, I do not see that.....

Plus, we all know that this is just build up for the big collapse. Can not have the collapse with out the build up can we. I have seen this show before and it ends with LT on the bench, helmet on, River's running for his life and the defense folding at a critical point in the game..

All the best for the holidays.  Just having fun, BUT Come on Man! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Gmbill - what do superbowls have to do with Jbolts comment that he thinks his chargers are playing the best football in the NFL? 

I for one am inclined to agree with Jbolt.  I'd add the Vikes and the Titans to that mix. 

Don't know if I can say that about the Saints.  Cannot say it about the Colts. 

Jbolt, I'd like to hear more about what is impressive on the D side.  The chargers O side is easy to figure, but the d has been all over the place the last few years.  Why now are they pulling it back together?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Posted by jbolted

That's what AssylumGuido keeps telling us about the Saints and Colts fans about the Colts. I'd like to think there are about 6 teams in the NFL that could beat the other 5 on any given Day. This is sort of like the "who's better, Jimmy Page or Eddie Van Halen" argument. I will say this in your defense. You're right about the media. If I didn't follow football and just watched the sports media I might think the Chargers had a Bye for the last month because I haven't heard Jack $%#@ about them on TV. Except for some bottle throwing incident.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

I'd do it on the "around the league" board, but no one goes there so I ask it here.  I would think that most of you would value a little different perspective.  As long as our responses aren't "you su ck because you su ck", then I would think we would add something to the mix.  Maybe no one else sees it that way.
    Posted by underdoggg

well said, dogg.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Posted by jbolted

And you're the just the model of objectivity to make that proclaimation?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Rivera has completely changed the blitzing approach. The D is creating more turnovers. They are stuffing the run early in games forcing other teams to pass. Since the Chargers cut safety Clinton Hart and replaced him with Paul Oliver/Kevin Ellison out of SC, the TE on the opposing team is being blanketed. They are gang tackling. Yesterday it produced 2 of the 4 costly KC turnovers. Early in the year after NT Jamal Williams went down, it took awhile for his 2 replacements (Alfonso Boone & Ogemdi Nwagbuo) to get acclimated, now they are. On top of that, when Travis Johnson returned in week 6 it has gradually elevated front 7 play ever since. Cromartie is getting picks & Jammer is as solid of a cover guy as there is in the NFL. The Bolts had 5 starters out early in the year, thus the slow start. The LBs as a unit are playing exceptionally well over the past 6 games. @CLE this week. LT will pass the great Jim Brown in career yardage with 55 yards.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Yes, the Chargers are playing good football at this point.  But not the best in the NFL, as you stated.  4 weeks ago, Pittsburgh was playing the "best" in the NFL.  Don't get too high (or low) on your team for that can change quickly.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trink5. Show Trink5's posts

Posted by jbolted

And if they weren't, you wouldn't be here. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trink5. Show Trink5's posts

Rivera has completely changed the blitzing approach. The D is creating more turnovers. They are stuffing the run early in games forcing other teams to pass. Since the Chargers cut safety Clinton Hart and replaced him with Paul Oliver/Kevin Ellison out of SC, the TE on the opposing team is being blanketed. They are gang tackling. Yesterday it produced 2 of the 4 costly KC turnovers. Early in the year after NT Jamal Williams went down, it took awhile for his 2 replacements (Alfonso Boone & Ogemdi Nwagbuo) to get acclimated, now they are. On top of that, when Travis Johnson returned in week 6 it has gradually elevated front 7 play ever since. Cromartie is getting picks & Jammer is as solid of a cover guy as there is in the NFL. The Bolts had 5 starters out early in the year, thus the slow start. The LBs as a unit are playing exceptionally well over the past 6 games. @CLE this week. LT will pass the great Jim Brown in career yardage with 55 yards.  
    Posted by jbolted

Plus, Merriman has cycled-up and doing great. And knocking the sh*t out of Tila Tequila

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Yes, the Chargers are playing good football at this point.  But not the best in the NFL, as you stated.  4 weeks ago, Pittsburgh was playing the "best" in the NFL.  Don't get too high (or low) on your team for that can change quickly.
    Posted by southernpat

I disagree. The Chargers are playing the best football in the NFL. Who is playing better?

Sections
Shortcuts