Question for you guys about Tony Dungy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Question for you guys about Tony Dungy

I am serious in asking this. Can someone tell me why Tony Dungy always and I mean always puts down the Pats. He is about as worse as Jamie Dukes and Marshall Faulk. Deion Sanders puts them down too but I mean I have never heard Tony say a kind word about the team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

Re: Question for you guys about Tony Dungy

because he got beat by them over and over for years and hates them..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The Colts are the greatest team of the 2000s, but one team always got in there way of proving that point. The Pats always came out on top, no matter what the Colts did with Dungy, The Pats were always better. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Sour grapes.

Dungy is vastly overrated to me. If it weren't for Peyton, he'd be a coordinator still. He puts himself on this high moral pedestal and the Patriots are basically the evil empire of the NFL. Still, I think he's a man that's taken his faith/beliefs a bit too far because from what I remember, his son that committed suicide came out of the closet and Dungy just wasn't too accepting of that. I don't care which god(s) you believe in, you drop some of it when your kid comes out of the closet.

That bothers me even more than his disdain for the Patriots.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Because he can wear one ring while BB can wear 5 ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

In Response to Re: Question for you guys about Tony Dungy:
    Sour grapes. Dungy is vastly overrated to me. If it weren't for Peyton, he'd be a coordinator still. He puts himself on this high moral pedestal and the Patriots are basically the evil empire of the NFL. Still, I think he's a man that's taken his faith/beliefs a bit too far because from what I remember, his son that committed suicide came out of the closet and Dungy just wasn't too accepting of that. I don't care which god(s) you believe in, you drop some of it when your kid comes out of the closet. That bothers me even more than his disdain for the Patriots.
    Posted by apdynasty23

Sour grapes may be correct. 

I should remind you, however, that he was the head coach of the bucs before coming to Indy. 

I've heard this claim about Dungy's son before but have yet to see it corroborated.  do you have some valid information on this subject or are you just speculating like the few others?  If speculating, then I suppose that would invalidate (until proven) your contention that he took his faith too far, right?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

GM, Jim McKay built that team and Monte Kiffin ran the D.  Dungy stood there.  Don't try to spin it.

He and MIke Tomlin are so overrated it's not even funny.

If Dungy did not have those HOF  players on his D or Monte Kiffin, forget it. Dungy doesn't even get hired for Indy.

Pretty pathetic, the second he leaves they win it all, too, isn't it, Indy?

Same thing now in Pitt.  Tomlin has Dick LeBeau.  Polamalu goes down last year and thery miss the playoffs compelely.

Bill Cowher and Tony Dungy are two of the most overrated head coahes in NFL history.

Not even debatable.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

GM, Jim McKay built that team and Monte Kiffin ran the D.  Dungy stood there.  Don't try to spin it. He and MIke Tomlin are so overrated it's not even funny. If Dungy did not have those HOF  players on his D or Monte Kiffin, forget it. Dungy doesn't even get hired for Indy. Pretty pathetic, the second he leaves they win it all, too, isn't it, Indy? Same thing now in Pitt.  Tomlin has Dick LeBeau.  Polamalu goes down last year and thery miss the playoffs compelely. Bill Cowher and Tony Dungy are two of the most overrated head coahes in NFL history. Not even debatable.
    Posted by BBReigns

LOL. I guess we could say the same for Belichick.  When he didn't have the personnel (Cleveland), he got fired.  Since he hasn't had Crennel and Weis - he's won nothing.  Since he's had to be clean about the taping - he's won nothing. 

I've always thought Belichick was good, but when you define other coaches in the way you have and then we look at Belichick in the same light - eerily similar. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Bill Belichick is 45-14 since the witch hunt.

What is Tony Dungy since 2007?

Bill Belichick had Cleveland in the playoffs in 1994 and then got fired as a scapegoat.

Art Modell said he made a mistake, obviously.  When BB benched Kosar for Testaverde, another thing Modell did not want as he tried to rally the community for a new stadium, Testaverde went to a Pro Bowl the following year.

BB had people on his staff like Kirk Ferentz, Jim Schwartz, Ozzie Newsome, etc. How are these people doing now?

What does Dungy have?  A coat tail express into Indy and standing there with arms folded as the Chuck Rule is followed closesly by BIll Polian in the press box?

Bill belichkc has been in then NFL since 1975.   Has been to 7 SBs. Has 5 rings.

He's clearly one of, if not the greatest coach of all time.

What on earth do you do when BB wins another one?  Or maybe more?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Dungy also has a ring from his playing days with the Steelers

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

Marshall Faulk and Deon Sanders rarely have much good to say about any team.  Both those guys are so full of themselves they can't see straight.  Although, Dungy isn't a fan of the Pats, I think he respects them and what they've accomplished.  It seems that our Rodney Harrison and Dungy seem to get along pretty well.  It would be interesting to hear Rodney's thoughts on Dungy now that they've spent a lot of time together. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Indy, I have nothing to prove that that happened. I'm speculating but if it's true, that will always affect how I view him. I respect his faith and his son's choices too. There's no doubt Dungy is one of the better people in the league.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Belichick a scapegoat? - typical homerism.  In 5 years in Cleveland, Belichick had one winning season and went to the playoffs once and the following year was 5-11. 

In 6 years in Tampa, Dungy took the team to the playoffs 4 times.  This was a franchise that in its 20 year history prior to Dungy had only 2 winning seasons and 2 playoff appearances.  In 6 years Dungy tripled those numbers.    

As for Belichick's rings while with the Giants - Talk about an all-star cast. 

Look, I am happy to do this all day, or you can just admit Dungy was a good coach. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Marshall Faulk and Deon Sanders rarely have much good to say about any team.  Both those guys are so full of themselves they can't see straight.  Although, Dungy isn't a fan of the Pats, I think he respects them and what they've accomplished.  It seems that our Rodney Harrison and Dungy seem to get along pretty well.  It would be interesting to hear Rodney's thoughts on Dungy now that they've spent a lot of time together. 
    Posted by MarcW1

I think Dungy respects the pats and Belichick more than you guys want to believe.  Same goes with Harrison re: the colts.  But the 2 do play off of one  another by frequently demonstrating their distaste for the other's team.  I think that is for the TV.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

OK I will admit that he is the Trent Dilfer of coaches as far as Super Bowls go

Laughing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Belichick a scapegoat? - typical homerism.  In 5 years in Cleveland, Belichick had one winning season and went to the playoffs once and the following year was 5-11.  In 6 years in Tampa, Dungy took the team to the playoffs 4 times.  This was a franchise that in its 20 year history prior to Dungy had only 2 winning seasons and 2 playoff appearances.  In 6 years Dungy tripled those numbers.     As for Belichick's rings while with the Giants - Talk about an all-star cast.  Look, I am happy to do this all day, or you can just admit Dungy was a good coach. 
    Posted by Indylove

Yes. He was a scapegoat.  Modell admitted this years later. 

Thanks for playing today.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Yes, it sounds ridiciulous when NE had a lead in SB 42 until a dropped INT and miracle catch stopped a 4th ring in NE.

Not to mention, BB Is 45-14 since 2007, with 11 of those wins featuroing a back up QB who hadn't started in 10 years.

When you start going down BB's resume and then compare it to really any other coach, including Bill Walsh, Don Shula, Chuck Noll, etc, etc, etc, Belichick's is clearly the most impressive of the bunch.

The differentiator from these all time greats is the cap era.

If Belichick never lost the players he drafted and coached up, his overall career coaching record here would be even HIGHER.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Question for you guys about Tony Dungy:
    I am serious in asking this. Can someone tell me why Tony Dungy always and I mean always puts down the Pats. He is about as worse as Jamie Dukes and Marshall Faulk. Deion Sanders puts them down too but I mean I have never heard Tony say a kind word about the team.
    Posted by WelkerRules

You are giving your opinion on this forum. Dungy is entitled to give his in the media. You guys are a little too sensitive about what is said about the Pats. Sticks and stones. Get over it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Sour grapes. Dungy is vastly overrated to me. If it weren't for Peyton, he'd be a coordinator still. He puts himself on this high moral pedestal and the Patriots are basically the evil empire of the NFL. Still, I think he's a man that's taken his faith/beliefs a bit too far because from what I remember, his son that committed suicide came out of the closet and Dungy just wasn't too accepting of that. I don't care which god(s) you believe in, you drop some of it when your kid comes out of the closet. That bothers me even more than his disdain for the Patriots.
    Posted by apdynasty23

Finally someone admitting to Peyton's greatness.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Because he can wear one ring while BB can wear 5 ?
    Posted by Evil2010

2 as a coordinator. Exagerations don't augment BB's greatness.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Bill Belichick is 45-14 since the witch hunt. What is Tony Dungy since 2007? Bill Belichick had Cleveland in the playoffs in 1994 and then got fired as a scapegoat. Art Modell said he made a mistake, obviously.  When BB benched Kosar for Testaverde, another thing Modell did not want as he tried to rally the community for a new stadium, Testaverde went to a Pro Bowl the following year. BB had people on his staff like Kirk Ferentz, Jim Schwartz, Ozzie Newsome, etc. How are these people doing now? What does Dungy have?  A coat tail express into Indy and standing there with arms folded as the Chuck Rule is followed closesly by BIll Polian in the press box? Bill belichkc has been in then NFL since 1975.   Has been to 7 SBs. Has 5 rings. He's clearly one of, if not the greatest coach of all time. What on earth do you do when BB wins another one?  Or maybe more?
    Posted by BBReigns

He was fired because they had a miserable record. That's why head coaches get released. That would mean that every firing is a witch hunt. Don't defend is losing record.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Question for you guys about Tony Dungy : Yes. He was a scapegoat.  Modell admitted this years later.  Thanks for playing today.
    Posted by BBReigns

Facts have to be backed up. Please show me the rag clipping where Modell actually states that. Good luck finding the non existing article.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

The Spygate thing has been exhausted already. Get over it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Tony Dungy?  Who is caring? 

He's an analyst now and please note what the first four letters of analyst spell.  There you go, Tony Dungy....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Yes, it sounds ridiciulous when NE had a lead in SB 42 until a dropped INT and miracle catch stopped a 4th ring in NE. Not to mention, BB Is 45-14 since 2007, with 11 of those wins featuroing a back up QB who hadn't started in 10 years. When you start going down BB's resume and then compare it to really any other coach, including Bill Walsh, Don Shula, Chuck Noll, etc, etc, etc, Belichick's is clearly the most impressive of the bunch. The differentiator from these all time greats is the cap era. If Belichick never lost the players he drafted and coached up, his overall career coaching record here would be even HIGHER.
    Posted by BBReigns

The SB excuse is like an opinion. Everybody's got one. You need to get over the what ifs. It's annoying. Very annoying.

Sections
Shortcuts