Question for you guys..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Question for you guys..

Ok, so while I have always been a football fan this is actually only my second off-season where I've really paid attention to what was going on off the field. (I have to say I miss those days sometimes).

So, can any of you guys remember a team that was hyped as much as the Jets actually living up to expectaions during the season? I've been reading some practice reports and EVERYTHING is positive for the Jets. Observers (not Jets fans, reporters etc..) are saying Mark Sanchez is AMAZING, they have a second shut down corner in Cromartie, the kid that was puking a few weeks ago is now the next Chris Johnson etc...

Can we be honest with ourselves? Could this actually be the Jets year and could the Pats really be the dismal failure everyone is making them out to be? Could this be the first time in history that the sports journalism world gets it right?

Once again, I have pretty much every Jets troll on ignore so don't even bother.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Re: Question for you guys..

I asked this question on Twitter and one of my followers mentioned..the 2007 Patriots. Not only did they meet expectaions they exceeded them.

Are the 2010 Jets the 2007 Patriots?! Surprised

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

i dont think ive seen a team hyped more without a ring from the last year ever

aside from that...the media love fest with the cowboys from the early 90's was tough to swallow but hey, on the field, those were some of the best teams ever o throw around a pigskin

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

ahhh the 2007 Pats lost the super bowl so expectations were not met.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

The jets are the same as they were last year. Lost a few real good players. added some good players. If some team doesn't lay down for them they don't get in the playoffs. The real question is... How many losses are acceptable for a team that has all ready been given the hardware before a single training camp took place. it actually will have more to do with how they finish the season. If they go 8-8 and win the last 4 then Rex might keep his job. If they finish 8-8 and a 4 game slide and all those contracts coming due. We may get to watch him walk the plank.. personally I would really enjoy that..

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

As a Jets fan, they are not as good as the hype. Never thought they were. Division...maybe if everything breaks their way. Likely 9-7 or 10-6. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Question for you guys..:
    As a Jets fan, they are not as good as the hype. Never thought they were. Division...maybe if everything breaks their way. Likely 9-7 or 10-6. 
    Posted by RipFace

A Jet fan actually admits that? =0

I agree, but it's not because they are the Jets. They're worst than they were last year. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Hey Rip
    Their D will keep them in every game. Even without Revis they will be good. I'm not sold on Sanches and you got rid of 3 people that were contributors to your dominant running game. I don't even know where to start with the LT signing. Even if he's on the field for game 12~16 he won't have a thing in the tank. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

My power rankings (entirely based on late 2009 results) put the Jets (at least so far) at #9 in the NFL, with an expected 11-5 record.  ProFootballFocus.com puts the Jets' veterans (rookies have no rankings at all in their system) at #6 in the NFL, with the wildcards being whether the Sanchise will blossom this year or again throw Sancheese under pressure, and they have two labor problems with key players.  For comparison, New England's numbers are #3 and #8 in the NFL, respectively.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/articles.php?tab=articles&arc=&id=171

Personally, I give the Jets every chance of self-destructing late in the season when their conditioning gives out, or perhaps when all those crazy Jets issues boil over.  These guys are no 2007 Patriots in the way that Dan Quayle was no Jack Kennedy. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

I love you guys. You always make me feel better when I'm feeling annoyed by the Jets saga. I only hope you all actually know what you're talking about. Wink

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

The Greatest show on turf was hyped rather heavily all season till they got B*tch slapped in the Super Bowl.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I'm not sure they are better than last year.  They added some, but Lito Sheppard swapped for Cromartie?  Jones for Tomlinson?  Washington for Green?  Eh.  Those are steps BACKWARD.  The addition of Santonio Holmes will be a help, but only after 4 games without him....  so a plus, but maybe a distraction first?  Not sure.  Sanchez will be better, I think.  But that can go either way.  If Revis doesn't play until week 10, or not at all, they are TOTALLY sunk, he allowed them to do so much with his lockdown coverage of number one receivers that they had ALOT of leeway to send extra guys, etc.  I think they come in 9-7 or even 10-6 but I think we come in with 12 or better to win the division.  I haven't looked at their schedule so I am just talking snot, but lets face it, they were decent last year, and got better at the end of the year for sure, and that part was mostly about Sanchez.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

They STILL say it's his to win every year.  Even with the choking.  Last year was the first time I heard the Media Herd even QUESTIONING the guys choke factor.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In Response to Re: Question for you guys..:
    Yes and lets not forget all the Peyton Manning hype in the early part of this decade. Before he become known for choking in the playoffs it was his championship to win every year according to the media.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

Don't look now Killa, it still is.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Question for you guys..:
    Ok, so while I have always been a football fan this is actually only my second off-season where I've really paid attention to what was going on off the field. (I have to say I miss those days sometimes). So, can any of you guys remember a team that was hyped as much as the Jets actually living up to expectaions during the season? I've been reading some practice reports and EVERYTHING is positive for the Jets. Observers (not Jets fans, reporters etc..) are saying Mark Sanchez is AMAZING, they have a second shut down corner in Cromartie, the kid that was puking a few weeks ago is now the next Chris Johnson etc... Can we be honest with ourselves? Could this actually be the Jets year and could the Pats really be the dismal failure everyone is making them out to be? Could this be the first time in history that the sports journalism world gets it right? Once again, I have pretty much every Jets troll on ignore so don't even bother.
    Posted by KellieMB

Hold on, HOLD On...I do, I Do: 
    ~In 2009 It was The Falcons...then, then they didn't win the superbowl.
    ~In 2008 It was The Eagles...then, then they didn't win the superbowl.
    ~In 2007 It was The Chargers...then, then they didn't win the superbowl.
    ~In 2006 It was The Cowboys...then, then they didn't win the superbowl.
    ~In 2005 It was The Broncos...then, then they didn't win the superbowl.
    ~In 2004 It was The Vikings...but then, then they didn't win the superbowl either.

I'm thinkin' that ya get the point.

Sections
Shortcuts