Question Re: Offensive Schemes, Design of Plays..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scumion. Show Scumion's posts

Re: Question Re: Offensive Schemes, Design of Plays..

Ultimately Belichick should. As he's gone through several offensive coordinators and maintained success.

Forget the Defensive Mind stuff. Just as when he talks about Brady he says he could be a defensive coordinator because in learning his job as QB he's come to know everything about Defense. Same with Belichick.

Although he was considered a failure in Cleveland at the time Vinnie Testeverde was the laughing stock of the NFL. Not once before getting with Belichick did Vinnie have more TDs than INTs. Belichick took him from Tampa and won a playoff off game - with Vinnie playing quite well. A few years later Vinnie was leading the NFL in passer rating with the Jets. Brady is as good as he seems, but just saying that I think no matter who Belichick has as a QB he's probably going to be successful - as we also saw with Cassel. And don't forget that the INT-less record Brady just set was set by Kosar when he went his first 11 or so games under Belichick without an INT.

But as far as credit really, I'm sure Belichick has taken things from everyone he's been involved with. I'm sure Parcells and Charlie Weiss taught him a lot. Just as people take things from him. But if you had to hang all the credit on one person, which you shouldn't do, it has to be coach Bill.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

im pretty sure BB isnt exactly lacking in his knewledge of offenses, if you can slow down offenses then it should be easier for your offense considering you should know what there gonna do to try and stop you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Matt Patricia.

Once the role is determined, Belichick and his lieutenants, especially de facto coordinator Matt Patricia, figure out how to utilize each player against that specific opponent, down to the individual matchups. http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2011/01/16/do_your_job/?page=3

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In Response to Re: Question Re: Offensive Schemes, Design of Plays..:
    [QUOTE]Matt Patricia. Once the role is determined, Belichick and his lieutenants, especially de facto coordinator Matt Patricia, figure out how to utilize each player against that specific opponent, down to the individual matchups. http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2011/01/16/do_your_job/?page=3
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

isn't he the linebacker's coach?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]isn't he the linebacker's coach?
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]
    Oops, you're right. My bad.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I did a Globe search for offensive coordinator and that's what came up.
    It flew right over my head.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Bill O'Brien I believe is one of the coaches besides BB that gets most involved in schemes with offensive planning. Ultimately I think Brady and BB talk about that stuff the most and have it implemented into the gameplans.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]im pretty sure BB isnt exactly lacking in his knewledge of offenses, if you can slow down offenses then it should be easier for your offense considering you should know what there gonna do to try and stop you.
    Posted by R3S1N20[/QUOTE]

I'm sure that's true. Maybe he doesn't want anyone to know because he doesn't want other teams poaching on additional coaches?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]Bill O'Brien I believe is one of the coaches besides BB that gets most involved in schemes with offensive planning. Ultimately I think Brady and BB talk about that stuff the most and have it implemented into the gameplans.
    Posted by freediro[/QUOTE]

I know O'Brien is the qb coach, and calls some (if not most) of the plays. But is it a stretch to think he is heavily involved w/ scheming and designing plays? it wasn't that long ago that we were asking for his head on a plate with poor play calling.

Another alternative is that he just didn't have the right people on the team....since, we revamped our offensive scheme to go w/ power TE formations.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Question Re: Offensive Schemes, Design of Plays.. : I'm sure that's true. Maybe he doesn't want anyone to know because he doesn't want other teams poaching on additional coaches?
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]

But it seems BB doesnt tell his cordinators everything he knows, BC his former Guys have had Horrible to mediocre success as head coaches.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Question Re: Offensive Schemes, Design of Plays.. : But it seems BB doesnt tell his cordinators everything he knows, BC his former Guys have had Horrible to mediocre success as head coaches.
    Posted by R3S1N20[/QUOTE]

LOL, Maybe.  Players like McGinnest and Harrison have said it's a combo of coaching and having right players (and a little luck)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

It's funny how we here about Manning being the Offensive coordinator of the Colts despite the fact that the Colts have an OC (same guy since 1998, some guy named Tom Moore who actually says that he calls the plays not Manning). 

Yet Brady, whether he deserves it or not doesn't get any credit, even playing without an OC on a team whose HC is famous for being a defensive mind.