Question???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Question???

If when you tackle a runner and he fumbles the ball when he hits the ground it's not a fumble.
    However if you make a catch  in the endzone and hit the ground and drop the ball it's an incomplete pass.
    How can the ground not cause a fumble in one case but can in another?

I know the rules are the rules but is this not stupid it can and it can't?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

Re: Question???

In Response to Question???:
    If when you tackle a runner and he fumbles the ball when he hits the ground it's not a fumble. However if you make a catch  in the endzone and hit the ground and drop the ball it's an incomplete pass. How can the ground not cause a fumble in one case but can in another? I know the rules are the rules but is this not stupid it can and it can't?
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

Fumbling still applies in the endzone. If the opponent recovers they start on their 20. 

The key is to see what makes it an incomplete pass, and not a fumble; frequently when it's called its because the receiver is down (knee, elbow, etc) or out of bounds.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J109. Show J109's posts

In Response to Question???:
    If when you tackle a runner and he fumbles the ball when he hits the ground it's not a fumble. However if you make a catch  in the endzone and hit the ground and drop the ball it's an incomplete pass. How can the ground not cause a fumble in one case but can in another? I know the rules are the rules but is this not stupid it can and it can't?
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

Its not a catch if he doesn't control it going to the ground.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ihatefishing. Show ihatefishing's posts

its the same rule always. If you are trying to catch a ball outside the endzone and it ocmes out when you hit the gorund, it is an incomplete pass.

Sections
Shortcuts