Questioning Belichick's Moves

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Questioning Belichick's Moves

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to trouts' comment:

If he has finally fixed the issues with the secondary I'll be happy. Draft and free agents moves haven't done it and ever since Asante left that's been a hugh shortcoming for the so-called "defensive genius".

^^See, it's this kind of mocking that is irritating.

He is a defensive genius. He's drawn up gampeplans that brought title championships or SBs.

His gameplan in SB 46, may not have been genius, but 13 points allowed with an uneven back end like that would have been lauded.

I'll stop there, because we know why we couldn't ice the game on offense.

19 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

New England is the only team that can win 12+ games a year, win the division handily every single year and make it deep into the playoffs most of the time and still P!SS off its fans.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Sorry. BB on TB's coat tails out the swinging door when he retires as the Pat's QB. Check out BB's winning % BTB and ATB. It's nearly double. Case closed. Please look up proper data. You seem to be very efficient in past Pat's history with the help of the Internet. Now check out the facts I just posted. You lose.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Has it ever occurred to you that Pats play in cupcake division? See how they fair in a division like the NFC west. Again, case closed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

In response to GO47's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to Cyberknot's comment:

I have been a Pats fan for 40 years, and it was never as much fun as it's been since Bill arrived, and isn't that what you watch for?

BB is a great HC.

But the fun started when Brady took the field.

The two years BB had without Brady we didn't even make the playoffs.

But it was BB who drafted Brady in the 6th round. Then BB put his coaching hat on and sat with Brady to go over different defensive looks and Brady recognized immediately what the formations were and how to adjust. BB had never seen anyone so quick at doing this.

BB the GM and HC knew the 1st 2 years they didn't have what they needed at QB. Give him credit for finding Brady, finding out just what they had, kept 4 QBs so not to lose Brady his 1st year and having the guts to make the change permanently when Bledsoe went down without looking back. He was going to make the change even if Drew had not ended up hurt. BB is not afraid to make the unpopular move. He made the same type of move with Bernie Kosar in Clevland. Obviously there was a little luck involved and good fortune having Brady drop so far down in the draft because no other GM picked up on Brady being so good.

+1

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

In response to zeitgeist49's comment:

As fans we want EVERY pick to be great, every personnel move to be genius. Ain't gonna happen. Not for BB, not for anyone else.

I don't think it's even fair to judge it that way. What has been the team's overall success? That is the measure of the GM, and the organization. Has the team consistantly competed for championships? Won their division? Who has been better?

I won't deny that TB is a hugh part of it, but we were 11-5 in a season without him. With a QB that could not succeed elsewhere.

I have been a Pats fan for 40 years, and it was never as much fun as it's been since Bill arrived, and isn't that what you watch for?

I have been a PATS fan since 1974. And I agree, it's been fun watching the PATS these past 12 years. However, I believe you have it wrong. It's been fun since TB arrived. Everyone conveniently recalls the 2008 season when we went 11-5 without TB. And posters conveniently omit the 2000 season when the PATS went 5-11 without TB. Also, as has been pointed out numerous times by Babe, the PATS in 2008 had an extremely easy schedule that year.  And they did not make the playoffs that year. Also, BB's record as a HC in 7 years without TB is 43-52 with only 1 wildcard playoff win. TB is arguably a top 3 QB of all time.   The PATS without TB would still be seeking their first Lombardy.  Some posters might respond  that without BB, the PATS would still be seeking their first SB ring. However, I disagree. TB would have to be paired up with sub-par coaches and sub par GMs not to ever win a Lombardy.

BB drafted Brady. Who would the QB have been for the last 12 if he hadn't? You have no idea, nor do I.  You can't say that BB wouldn't have found another QB that would have been successful (and fun to watch), therefore, you can't say it was just because of Brady. Unless of course you can get the ghost of football past to show you what your life would have been like without Tom Brady.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

BB is a great HC.

We missed the playoffs in 2002 with a 9-7 record WITH Brady, so you lose.

The fun started when Kraft bought this team and put genuine effort into building a winner, Mr Bandwagon.

I would have paid money to watch you watch our 1992 season for example.  You must have been watching from a different mental ward back then, Diapers.

Kraft hiring BB is what changed this franchise forever.  BB drafted Brady. BB.

Wow. I've never had any direct communication with you, and yet you feel that name calling was waranted? No wonder everyone thinks you are such an a**hole. You are one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

History will show Belichick to be a much better team builder than many fans give him credit for.

No it won't. Quite the opposite.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"He doesn't miss too often on the first-rounders that often make up the core of a team, but the second and third rounds have been trouble spots for him. I don't think that's dreadful. "

I think it's a fair defense/argument by Reese. 

Belichick in my view is a good to very good GM year by year, but his consistency elevates him even higher. 

Reiss said he is meh.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

But it was BB who drafted Brady in the 6th round. Then BB put his coaching hat on and sat with Brady to go over different defensive looks and Brady recognized immediately what the formations were and how to adjust. BB had never seen anyone so quick at doing this.

Well, it was a lucky pick and may have never happened if Dick Rehbein didn't perter the crap out of BB to take him.

Yeah, BB has had a number of QBs under hit tutelage. But the only one that turned out and good was Brady, and he turned out great.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

To people saying the roster around Brady has been mediocre for the past 5+ seasons consider that the 2006 Patriots scored 385 points.  The highest scoring Patriots offense during the dynasty years scored 437 points.

In the 5 seasons Brady has played in (i.e. not 2008) since 2007 the Patriots have eclipsed 500 points 4 times (the one "failure" being Brady's first year back from injury).  The Patriots have been on a historic run from an offensive perspective as there have only been a handful of 500 point seasons in NFL history.  Do people really think Brady just got 100 times better overnight?  The defensive fixes haven't been perfect (although hardly as bad as people say), but 500 point offenses don't just grow on trees or just on the shoulders of elite QBs.  The GM played a role as well.

The term "mediocre" refers to the entire team other than Brady.

I would agree that BB as GM has hit better on offense than defense.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

BB is a great HC.

We missed the playoffs in 2002 with a 9-7 record WITH Brady, so you lose.

Yeah, BB only has made the playoffs 92% of the time with Brady compared to 0% of the time without him dumbkoff. Great point. LMAO@U

Of course the one year he had Brady and missed the playoffs, Brady only led the NFL in TD passes. But the defense had the 2nd worst run D in the league. LMAO@U again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The fun started when Kraft bought this team and put genuine effort into building a winner, Mr Bandwagon.

Right dumbkoff. I've been on the bandwagon since before yo mamma perpetrated you upon the poor unsuspecting wotld. LMAO@U every f'n day.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

He is a defensive genius. He's drawn up gampeplans that brought title championships or SBs.

Right Einstein, but no plan can compensate for suckball players.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:

Sorry. BB on TB's coat tails out the swinging door when he retires as the Pat's QB. Check out BB's winning % BTB and ATB. It's nearly double. Case closed. Please look up proper data. You seem to be very efficient in past Pat's history with the help of the Internet. Now check out the facts I just posted. You lose.

This is obvious. Great players make great coaches.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to zeitgeist49's comment:

As fans we want EVERY pick to be great, every personnel move to be genius. Ain't gonna happen. Not for BB, not for anyone else.

I don't think it's even fair to judge it that way. What has been the team's overall success? That is the measure of the GM, and the organization. Has the team consistantly competed for championships? Won their division? Who has been better?

I won't deny that TB is a hugh part of it, but we were 11-5 in a season without him. With a QB that could not succeed elsewhere.

Also, BB's record as a HC in 7 years without TB is 43-52 with only 1 wildcard playoff win. 

And you forget that aside from the Cassel year, every year BB didn't have TB
     he was rebuilding a mess left by the previous coach.

BTW I've been a pats fan for 51 yrs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

This is obvious. Great players make great coaches.

Wow I actually agree with you on this one. You said players and NOT player.

...but fret not Babe I know you will spin out of it by replying somehting like yes I said players, meaning Brady and Gronk.  Priceless.

Aren't you on here in threads telling others they can't have it both ways? I know you call BB a great coach and I know you love TB. Yet you said it takes great players to make a great coach.

That must mean you actually think BB is a better GM than you lead on. Don't worry I know you spin out of it somehow, to all our great delights.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Has it ever occurred to you that Pats play in cupcake division? See how they fair in a division like the NFC west. Again, case closed.

You do realize that the NFC West was the laughing stock of the league merely 2 years ago, right?  Teams in the NFL rise and fall faster than any other professional sport.  Comparing divisions is moot.  The fact that the Patriots have sat atop their division, in a league made to promote parity, for the past 12 years is a testament to the greatness of TB, BB, and the Patriots organization as a whole.  Quit trolling.  You come off as a miserable dink.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

BB is a great HC.

BB the GM and HC knew the 1st 2 years they didn't have what they needed at QB. Give him credit for finding Brady, finding out just what they had, kept 4 QBs so not to lose Brady his 1st year and having the guts to make the change permanently when Bledsoe went down without looking back. He was going to make the change even if Drew had not ended up hurt. BB is not afraid to make the unpopular move. He made the same type of move with Bernie Kosar in Clevland. Obviously there was a little luck involved and good fortune having Brady drop so far down in the draft because no other GM picked up on Brady being so good.

one of bellichick's scouts told him to draft brady

if bellichick was so hot on brady would he wait 6 rounds and risk losing him?

he was going to change qbs? u must be a mind reader b/c it took a nasty injury to do so

the afc east has been horrid forever

he inherited parts of his 3 sb teams D from parcells

tuck rule

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

True, fans want to win, and near perfection in picks and FA's.

we are debating what is a good GM. Overall team success is not a single good indicator as the coaching staff has something to say about wins and losses. Since bb is the coach and GM, it circumvents the check and balance system a bit, and begs the question who has a larger hand in that success, coach or GM? 

I am again being purely subjective here, but if we split bb in half and sent bb the coach to a team with a different gm, how would both bb the GM and coach fare? 

My personal, subjective feeling is that bb the coach could make most personnel moves/groups work. He would maximize the personnel given to him in any situation. It may not always turn out with a winning record, but I would argue that bb the coach would get the most out of any team, probably more so than most coaches. 

If bb the GM was paired with an average coach, I wonder what the outcome would be? Would the average coach know how to put these players in the right postings to win? 

Right, why are you "wondering" or why does it matter? I do think it's an advantage that he is the coach and GM, but if you're Pats fan, why don't you like that aspect?

It's like complaining about BIll Walsh drafting Montana and then also being the coach.

Why on earth would a 49ers fan complain about that or wonder what Walsh would do elsewhere?

I'll tell you who sucked without BB next to him and as a GM, is Bill Parcells.  I don't need to wonder why he sucked was average (Dallas) without BB by his side or why his GM work in Miami was so atrocious.

BB is light years above many GMs and it's because he doesn't stray from the formula, generally speaking.

Again, we're a 12+ win team every year for that reason. 

lets be honest mr cap-what do u think a jerry reese ozzie newsome ted polian to name but 3 would do with brady and the afc easy every year? bellichick is really good-and lucky

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Also, just 2 years ago the media was raving about how great Miami and the Jets were.

Two problems here.

1.  I have no recollection of the media raving about either the Jets or the Dolphins.  Does anyone else?

2.  You can't slam the media for being anti-Belichick and them use them to support an argument.  Your schtick is so transparent.  No one here has more agenda driven posts than you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

If we were standing face to face, dork, those words would not come speiling from your big mouth. I'm not talking about a team 30 years ago you idiot. Stop using excuses for the Pats' SB loses. Move on. Remember the forensic specialist for G W Bush? Your time is coming. If you're so so so intelligent, why don't you have a better job than sitting in mother's cellar, telemarketing. I love myself, who do you lovde? You're nothing but a troll instigating and belittling anyone that doesn't agree with you. You're just a piece of human fe ces that as no life but the Globe forum. Don't feel sorry for you dork. Dork. Dork. Oh, did I mention you're a dork? Just go stand in front of mother's mirror in that single bathroom flat ready for bank repo. That reflection is a Dork.

Sections
Shortcuts