Questions on the roster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Questions on the roster

Edit, for some reason my entire post did not show up? 

Is the roster too young? 35% of the roster 2 years or less on the team. 

Is a Vince injury more devastating to the team than a TB injury?

I did see 2 of the Giants games, and I actually liked what I saw from MAustin. I thought this was the year he showed he was worthy of a number 2. I used to be more in tune with UNC players, but lost touch once my son graduated from school, so this is a question for Rusty(living in Charlotte), is Austin a problem player?

Pats gave so many roster spots to ST players, which I don't have an issue with, as I understand how BB values ST, but isn't FG kicker and P the 2 most important parts of ST? Does a team with SB aspirations go with a rookie P? ( I guess they do)

I saw numerous practices this preseason (not in Philly however). I thought Fortson clearly outplayed Vellano in practice. 

I saw numerous practices this preseason, and I thought the player that showed the most in camp that was cut was Mesko. #2 when on the field was Cunningham. I thought he was ready to have a nice year, and thought he did last year as well. #3 was RasI. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Questions on the roster

In response to rkarp's comment:

35% of the roster 2 years or less on the team. 

No.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Probably not more significant than an injury to Brady, but it would be very significant with the current lack of depth in the D line. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

nope. Distant second. The season and a Super Bowl aspiration would not completely die with a Vince injury. It would be much harder but not impossible. Brady goes and making the playoffs become the pinnacle of realistic goals. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'm kind of looking at the roster right now and thinking that if Tom Brady were not on it, we'd win six games...four if we were in a better division. And the reason for that is, I don't see another quarterback being able to come in and throw the ball to 3 rookies, and a undrafted free agent tight end. I mean another quarterback could try, but the accuracy, the football knowledge needed to improvise, the mental toughness needed, just wouldn't be there.

Excuse me if I'm a little upset, but we walked into the off season with 25 million to spend...we didn't fix our safety position (again) and we have two veteran defensive linemen on the roster as it stands right now. Where did the money go? How much do we have left? Why the hell did we sign a 34 year old safety and think..."yeah this will do it". I mean who in their right mind would think that was going to work? And here we are 7 days before a season starts hoping that someone will release or trade a defensive lineman.

I thought salary cap hell was going to put all these super talented players on the market and we were just going to swoop in and gather them all up (so much smarter than the rest of the league). Tavon Wison and Joe Vellano are the best we can do at two positions that were holding us back last year? That is the answer after 6 months of off season "team building"? Pathetic. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Gravelten4's comment:

nope. Distant second. The season and a Super Bowl aspiration would not completely die with a Vince injury. It would be much harder but not impossible. Brady goes and making the playoffs become the pinnacle of realistic goals. 

Though I guess it depends on how good Mallet can be.  There is a back-up for Brady.  Not sure there is one for Wilfork!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Perhaps I am valuing Mallett more than most here on the board. IMO this defense could be cooked with out Vince, and ditto Kelly. These 2 guys must stay on the field for Jones, Nonk, Hightower, Mayo, McCourty, Talib to excel....need Vince and Kelly occupying 3-4 OL, need QB pressure, need to control the LOS.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Perhaps I am valuing Mallett more than most here on the board. IMO this defense could be cooked with out Vince, and ditto Kelly. These 2 guys must stay on the field for Jones, Nonk, Hightower, Mayo, McCourty, Talib to excel....need Vince and Kelly occupying 3-4 OL, need QB pressure, need to control the LOS.

I agree with you regarding Mallett. I just said in another thread how different he would be judged if he were the QB taking all the 1st team reps and preparing as a starting QB.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

I agree with you regarding Mallett. I just said in another thread how different he would be judged if he were the QB taking all the 1st team reps and preparing as a starting QB.

Talent wise, head and shoulders over Cassel. I also think BB changes the offense with Mallett taking regular snaps.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Talent wise, head and shoulders over Cassel. I also think BB changes the offense with Mallett taking regular snaps.

I wasn't saying just here. If he were on any other team and was the #1. I would agree if he were here we would see a different type of O.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Excuse me if I'm a little upset, but we walked into the off season with 25 million to spend...we didn't fix our safety position (again) and we have two veteran defensive linemen on the roster as it stands right now. Where did the money go? How much do we have left? Why the hell did we sign a 34 year old safety and think..."yeah this will do it". I mean who in their right mind would think that was going to work? And here we are 7 days before a season starts hoping that someone will release or trade a defensive lineman.

I thought salary cap hell was going to put all these super talented players on the market and we were just going to swoop in and gather them all up (so much smarter than the rest of the league). Tavon Wison and Joe Vellano are the best we can do at two positions that were holding us back last year? That is the answer after 6 months of off season "team building"? Pathetic. 

Man, I couldn't agree more.  I am flabbergasted.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

Man, I couldn't agree more.  I am flabbergasted.

Yep...sorry and sad...another year thinner at DL (thank God for Tommy Kelly) and even more feeble at DB if that's possible......inexperienced WR's, although they seem to have talent, and a scarecrow TE crew to start compared tro where we were at last season's end, althought there ARE circumstances beyond are control there...long, long season...

Sections
Shortcuts