Quick & Dirty Look At 2010 Schedule

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from STP43FAN. Show STP43FAN's posts

Quick & Dirty Look At 2010 Schedule

This is inspired by the Extra Points blogs about the coming opponents -

1 Vs. Cincinnati - Bengals have become a Jeckyl & Hyde team and Carson Palmer regressed disturbingly late last year.

2 @ NY Jets - Jets manage to split regular season series despite perenially being overrated.

3 Vs. Buffalo - Bills have become a perennial last-place team; New England has won 18 of last 19 matches.

4 @ Miami - Another series split; Patriots still struggle in Miami despite four wins in last seven trips to Joe Robbie.

5 BYE - "The Bye is a very good team, good on offense, defense, special teams" - Belichick humor

6 Vs. Baltimore - No longer one-sided rivalry, but Patriots can still match up here.

7 @ San Diego - One of the bitterest rivalries of recent; no cakewalk here; tossup on winner.

8 Vs. Minnesota - Very physical team and Patriots have difficult time against Favre.

9 @ Cleveland - Browns perennial last-place team.

10 @ Pittsburgh - Steelers have been owned by Patriots from 1996 playoffs onward plus they've become a Jeckyl & Hyde team.

11 Vs. Indianapolis - the bitterest rivalry of all; Patriots need to attack and stay on attack mode.

12 @ Detroit - Last-place team, but quality quarterback means no pushover, plus Patriots rarely play well on Thanksgiving.

13 Vs. NY Jets - road team has dominated rivalry last 15 years.

14 @ Chicago - Jay Cutler just a volume-stats quarterback and Lovie Smith defense is toothless; Patriots have owned the Bears since SB XX; last trip to Chicago was enormous Brady comeback win.

15 Vs. Green Bay - Superb all-around team with quarterback who's for real.

16 @ Buffalo - Presently impossible to imagine a quality Bills team.

17 Vs. Miami - Patriots have won seven of last nine home games against Miami; Dolphins need to bench the Wildcat to become a contender.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Re: Quick & Dirty Look At 2010 Schedule

I don't see splitting with Miami this year. pats take the series

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hammer219. Show hammer219's posts

I'd like to see some of the new players during pre-season as well as seeing the final roster and depth charts before prognosticating but everything FAN says is true in my opinion.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

this schedule doesn't scare me. i think the pats go 13-3

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

In Response to Re: Quick & Dirty Look At 2010 Schedule:
    this schedule doesn't scare me. i think the pats go 13-3
    Posted by kansaspatriot

lets see how the defense shapes up til then its too early to say anything. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Quick & Dirty Look At 2010 Schedule : lets see how the defense shapes up til then its too early to say anything. 
    Posted by akius

that cheerleader avatar made my day. where can i find those pictures

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I see us as 10-6 or 11-5.  We will have some early flubs due to the youth, but pick up momentum as the year goes on.  TB will get more comfortable with his new toys and actually make use of them as the year goes on. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I see us as 10-6 or 11-5.  We will have some early flubs due to the youth, but pick up momentum as the year goes on.  TB will get more comfortable with his new toys and actually make use of them as the year goes on. 
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon

To make the playoffs we may have to do better than that. Parity hasn't existed as much the past few years. There's a distinct difference between the haves and have-nots. We must beat the Bills, Browns and Lions of our schedule and some of the Colts, Ravens and Vikings as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Quick & Dirty Look At 2010 Schedule:
    This is inspired by the Extra Points blogs about the coming opponents - 1 Vs. Cincinnati - Bengals have become a Jeckyl & Hyde team and Carson Palmer regressed disturbingly late last year. 2 @ NY Jets - Jets manage to split regular season series despite perenially being overrated. 3 Vs. Buffalo - Bills have become a perennial last-place team; New England has won 18 of last 19 matches. 4 @ Miami - Another series split; Patriots still struggle in Miami despite four wins in last seven trips to Joe Robbie. 5 BYE - "The Bye is a very good team, good on offense, defense, special teams" - Belichick humor 6 Vs. Baltimore - No longer one-sided rivalry, but Patriots can still match up here. 7 @ San Diego - One of the bitterest rivalries of recent; no cakewalk here; tossup on winner. 8 Vs. Minnesota - Very physical team and Patriots have difficult time against Favre. 9 @ Cleveland - Browns perennial last-place team. 10 @ Pittsburgh - Steelers have been owned by Patriots from 1996 playoffs onward plus they've become a Jeckyl & Hyde team. 11 Vs. Indianapolis - the bitterest rivalry of all; Patriots need to attack and stay on attack mode. 12 @ Detroit - Last-place team, but quality quarterback means no pushover, plus Patriots rarely play well on Thanksgiving. 13 Vs. NY Jets - road team has dominated rivalry last 15 years. 14 @ Chicago - Jay Cutler just a volume-stats quarterback and Lovie Smith defense is toothless; Patriots have owned the Bears since SB XX; last trip to Chicago was enormous Brady comeback win. 15 Vs. Green Bay - Superb all-around team with quarterback who's for real. 16 @ Buffalo - Presently impossible to imagine a quality Bills team. 17 Vs. Miami - Patriots have won seven of last nine home games against Miami; Dolphins need to bench the Wildcat to become a contender.
    Posted by STP43FAN

the wild cat is a formation, not an offense...or do you suggest that teams drop the shotgun too?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

I don't see splitting with Miami this year. pats take the series
    Posted by kansaspatriot

i dont see them splitting either...phins take series with a rout in miami

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

The Pats have too many questions to answer from top to bottom and the the schedule is no pushover, in division and outside. I wish I could see 13-3 or 12-4 but 10-6 or even 9-7 is more realistic given how the jets and phins have improved and our pass rush and running game are among the question marks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

The bengals are vastly improved, Their just a "good Carson Palmer" season away from going deep in the playoffs. I'm happy at 10-6, anything above exceeds my expectations.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

this is 6 toughest schedule by nfl ranking

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

The Pats have too many questions to answer from top to bottom and the the schedule is no pushover, in division and outside. I wish I could see 13-3 or 12-4 but 10-6 or even 9-7 is more realistic given how the jets and phins have improved and our pass rush and running game are among the question marks.
    Posted by NYC

agreed...the pats have one of the younger rosters in the league and even with brady behind center, there will a fair share of youthful mistakes...if the pats finish with anything less than 5 losses, ill eat my ricky williams jersey...both of em...real and replica

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

How young is the Dolphins D?  If the Dolphins win more than 11 games, I'll eat your overweight sister. You have a very rude awakening coming your way.  Funny how all we heard about from 2007-2009 was how "old" NE was and now all of a sudden it's "they are too young". This Pats D is the most stable BB has had it since 2007.  It's also much faster and more athletic with some exeperience under its belt with playoff experience. Sean Smith, Vontae Davis, Misi, Odrick, etc, are all new projected 1st or 2nd year starters going into 2010.
    Posted by russgriswold

A. im picking the phins to win 11 on the nose
    B. i dont have any sister, nevermind an overweight one
    C. when you have alot of old players and then get rid of them for younger players...the transition period is to be expected...except oops, i forgot...chung is the next harrison (lolz)
    D. what does stable have to do with anything? give me a good defense before you give me a stable one
    E. what happened last year to the pats in round 1...i wouldnt call if playoff experience, nor would i call it a good one
    F. sean smith and vontae davis should be better this year as the phins should have something of a pass rush and these guys a year older in which they got a heck of alot of playing time to gather experience from...experience on the D-line for miami is something that im not as concerned about although i would have liked to see ferguson come back rather than hang em up

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

The fact that you think system experience and personnel stability was not vital to BB's defenses this past decade, proves you are utterly clueless when it comes to understanding football concepts and how shifts from team to team. And yes, you have to lose before you learn to win, so last year's poor performance is a barometer for the younger players, moving forward. I see Miami splitting with NE and NY and losing to GB and Minnesota. That's 4 losses right there. Enjoy!
    Posted by russgriswold

you must be a cold squirrel because i have never seen such a numb nut

A. i never said system experience wasnt vital...but most of the guys you have on defense do not have alot of real NFl game experience and those that do...havent proven to be anything special yet
    B. as i said...i expect miami to win 10-11 games this year...even splitting in the division gives them wiggle room

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

You said your 2nd year players are poised to break out and NE's aren't.  You are a walking contradiction. Miami has more question mars with new personnel and system questions than NE does. That secondary was horrendous and you are banking on a new defense from Nolan and two new rookies at DE and OLB, posisbly on one side being game changers as rookies. It could happen, but pretending it's a guarantee to be an improvement from last year's 18th ranked rush D without Ferguson or an improved rush and secondary, is naive. It's the same thing Jets fans do. They have no concept of the fact many new bodies coming in and out is a negative, not a positive.
    Posted by russgriswold

if you couldnt guess at another poster's intent...would you even post here?

you seem to infer alot from my posts and then put words in my mouth and spread them as if they were in fact, gospel

A. i expect smith and davis to play better because they played well as rookies(at least showed flashes of potential) with actual playing time, not "system" time
    B. what im banking on is this...the pass rush, nor secondary couldnt possibly be worse than they were last year...which would indicate an improvement...which is all ive said...trust me...the strong safety situation has kept me up nights
    C. ferguson was gone for the 1st 8 games anyways from suspension and if i didnt really like the way starks played NT, then id be more worried
    D. if you are saying your last sentence about me and jets fans, but not yourself and in this case the pats, then you are delusional

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

1 Vs. Cincinnati - Palmer has an incredibly weak arm and our secondary could have a field day with him. 

2 @ NY Jets - The Pats will either drop this or win it.

3 Vs. Buffalo - Lol

4 @ Miami - Miamis getting swept this year

5 BYE - 

6 Vs. Baltimore -Pretty evenly matched

7 @ San Diego - Cakewalk here

8 Vs. Minnesota - Lol the Pats have a difficult time against Brett? Farthest from the truth. AD could be a huge problem

9 @ Cleveland - Its the Browns

10 @ Pittsburgh -Steelers at this point I think should have Big Ben back but that team will likely be fighting for nothing. 

11 Vs. Indianapolis -Pats are looking for revenge

12 @ Detroit - Pats over Lions

13 Vs. NY Jets - Pats

14 @ Chicago - Jay Cutler is a turnover machine

15 Vs. Green Bay - Going to be a good test but its week 15 and the Pats will continue to prep this as a playoff game but bodies might get more of an extra rest and younger players might get a chance. 

16 @ Buffalo - This is a team thats going to own a number 1 pick next year.

17 Vs. Miami -Miami will probably go all out and so will Bill. 

Skys the limit but im not going to say 16-0. Best 14-2 at worst 10-6

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

When Ferguson went away last year, the run D fell apart.  Starks has never played 16 games at NT before.  He's a 7 year player as a DE moving to NT. Soliali was not very good at NT. The 3-4 D Line starts and ends with quality NT play. As fot your implication Miami has 2nd year players who played and are somehow one up and NE's younger D players, that is wrong. Darius Butler showed as much as Davis or Smith and even though Leigh Bodden isn't not a 2nd year player, he clearly showed his the real deal. NE will resort to Guyton at MLB or a 2nd year system McKenzie who has not played a down or rookie Brandon Spikes will emerge there. Thr good news is Mayo is there. Miami has Odrick and Misi, with expectations to come ascend immediately, possibly playing the same side of the field. And all that with a first time NT project in Starks who played 4-3 earlier in his career and then played DE in a 3-4 last year??? That's a lot new parts to a foundation that need to gel immediately. Again, if anything, Miami has more questions on D than NE does. NE is actually pretty much set and set strongly in the secondary. Each team's front 7 has some question areas. And, you're, dumb because we have seen BB win SBs with DBs  off the street, Troy Brown at nickel and wins 11 games with Matt Cassel. For a BB coached team, some coming and going with personnel isn't a huge deal.  For weaker coached teams, it absolutely is. So, I am not delusional beacuse I have seen it work here for 10 years. There is proof. Get it? You and the Jets are still looking up.
    Posted by russgriswold

A. as i said...if starks didnt play as well as he did with his time at NT last year...id be more worried...but as is...nolan has indicated that the defense will most likely have a hybrid look than most traditional 3-4 defenses have shown in the past
    B. butler isnt even in the same ballpark as smith and davis...not even close....try harder
    C. bodden is really good...i give you that...but not that much better than sean smith or vontae davis to point it out as a strength...especially when the pass rush will be a problem area
    D. addition by subtraction...getting rid of porter and taylor gives wake and misi a shot...and they are very good prospects with wake getting some actual game time last year and being fairly productive in such time...wake still needs to learn more about coverage...but pass rush wise...he is going to be a beast...mark my words
    E. personally i felt odrick was goin to the pats and mccourty to the phins based on needs...i like odrick...i dont know if he will ever be a star but i think he will be a more than solid player in the this league...better than merling anyways
    F. im not arguing that the phins are lookin down on the pats talent wise...i think the contrary in fact...but to deny the phins havent improved and that the pats arent at the level they were 5-6 years ago is being naive and overly fan boyish

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Butler is not in the same park as Davis or Smith? Really?  Not close? You call me a homer? Starks did not play that well. He was better than Soliali or whatever his name is.  Ferguson shut it down and their run was a not good, ranking 18th.  Not bad, but not really good either. Ferguson played 9 games and then in Miami's last 7, they stumbled because of his loss. You put two rookies next to a guy learning the position, or a bust like Merling out there, or expect Langford to dominate at DE, and it's a thin, young line with some questions, no doubt.
    Posted by russgriswold

ferguson did do a nice job...but with injuries...the team fell apart around him before he, himself was injured

and im really not worried about rookies learning the line...its been shown time and time again that younger players(if any good) can pick up their assignments and responsibilities on the field much easier than other positions...i also expect a good year from langford...the guy has too much natural talent to not put it together and so with more PT coming his way this year...i expect him to make a jump

from where i sit...on the front seven...both the pats and phins have more questions than we would like to have