Quick thought I had looking at the schedule...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Quick thought I had looking at the schedule...

First, I realize that any team can win on any given Sunday...there are obviously no guarantees. That being said, we all know Brandon Browner is suspended for the first four games. Let's take a look at the competition the team will face without him:

@ Dolphins

@ Vikings

vs Raiders

@ Chiefs (this should be a tough road game)

The Pats may have gotten a little lucky in the schedule making...despite 3 of the 4 games being away, none of these teams have dominant or even above average passing games. The defense will face Tannehill, Cassel/Bridgewater, Schaub, and Alex Smith. The Chiefs have the best one of that group, and that isn't saying much IMO.

Therefore, let us hope that the team takes advantage.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Re: Quick thought I had looking at the schedule...

On the other hand, the run D will be tested nice and early by Peterson and Charles.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Here's how I see it....

Going into Miami is always hard. The weather seems to work for them and weird sht seems to go down when we play there, but with that being said, we have a better team and our defense killed them last season and should do it again this year. It may be a bit of a grind but we should win.

@Minny. W. They don't have a defense. Load the box with 8 stop Ap and put Revis on Patterson Dennard on Jennings and we're set.

Oakland. W. They have defineitely improved but nah. Again, we can score on them and Revis can take out their weapons.

Chiefs. This game could be an L. I think KC is due for a bad year but a Monday night game in Arrowhead will be rocking. Their D is solid so if they hold us to like 14 they can win. Their offense wont score more than 17 on us tho since they are one manmensional (Charles). If Gronk is 100% and ballin, we should win this too

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:
    [QUOTE]

First, I realize that any team can win on any given Sunday...there are obviously no guarantees. That being said, we all know Brandon Browner is suspended for the first four games. Let's take a look at the competition the team will face without him:

@ Dolphins

@ Vikings

vs Raiders

@ Chiefs (this should be a tough road game)

The Pats may have gotten a little lucky in the schedule making...despite 3 of the 4 games being away, none of these teams have dominant or even above average passing games. The defense will face Tannehill, Cassel/Bridgewater, Schaub, and Alex Smith. The Chiefs have the best one of that group, and that isn't saying much IMO.

Therefore, let us hope that the team takes advantage.

[/QUOTE]

Dolphins: Pouncy won't be back by game one, both teams will have game one jitters = Pats win

Vikings: Bridgewater is Minny's best QB but they won't realize that by game two so we'll probably face Cassel and one of the worst managed teams in the NFL.  = Pats win

Raiders = Pats win... I don't need a reason

Chiefs will be tough, Andy Reid team health provided will be a hard nosed running good defensive team, we'll need an early season loss to propel us to victory is this it?  = IDK

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

every game makes me nervous. don't under estimate the Phins or Chiefs defense.

Pats offense may take some time to jell, esp if there are new OL pieces.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Miami's OL is new and like woozy said Pouncy is out.  KC is in the same boat, new OL.  Offensively these teams will struggle at the beginning of the season.  

Having Browner missing the first four games doesn't bother me much because I think we have the guys to cover while he's out.  Good depth at CB.  My concern will be about staying healthy for the season for a change.  Last year was just crazy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Good posts guys. I appreciate the thoughts.

My main point is I don't think missing Browner these four games will hurt nearly as much as if (for example) we had to miss him for these four games...

vs Broncos

@ Colts

vs Lions

@ Packers

^That would be a much worse scenario.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

My first thought was how in the heck does flex scheduling start with our second home game!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Pat's come out 4-0.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment . . .

Pat's come out 4-0.

+1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pat's come out 4-0.

[/QUOTE]

Yep. Chiefs don't have much offense outside of Bowe, Smith, and Charles, so containing these three are the key. As for the defense, I don't believe that secondary is all that great outside of Eric Berry, so I expect Brady to attack it often.