Quietly... Mark Anderson is on pace...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

Re: Quietly... Mark Anderson is on pace...

In Response to Re: Quietly... Mark Anderson is on pace...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quietly... Mark Anderson is on pace... : Yeah. I watch all of them! What do I think of him? Well, it's absolutely shocking how well this team scouts DBs. I mean, Patrick Peterson leaves, and everyone is worried, and then Mathieu.  He is a nasty zone corner for a young guy. And a playmaker, maybe even more than Peterson. Not sure if he is a lockdown corner the same way Peterson is ... and he isn't quite as physical so far.  Michael Brockers is the guy everyone in NE should be watching develop. 6'6" 306 and a freak athlete with a 4.9 40yd. He's a sophomore. I hope he stays on all the way through his senior year, because he is a dominant interior player. But I wouldn't mind if he left early for NE. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

:)
    bet you wouldnt.
    havent been able to key in on plyers so much.
    they usually are on when im training at the gym on sat (so im watching but not every play closely).

who ya got for a front 7 pass rusher if we went that way (any early favorites)?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]ANderson is the healthy Rosie Colvin role at 4-3 DE. He's done a nice job so far. I like his passion.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

agreed on the passion. doesnt give up and hes getting the edge.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quietly... Mark Anderson is on pace... : ... Michael Brockers is the guy everyone in NE should be watching develop. 6'6" 306 and a freak athlete with a 4.9 40yd. He's a sophomore. I hope he stays on all the way through his senior year, because he is a dominant interior player. But I wouldn't mind if he left early for NE. 

Does he play well consistently? I noticed him penetrate well during the early part of their game aganst Miss St. I did not see the whole game and has not seen another LSu game yet, but I put him on my spreadsheet because of that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

I'd like to see Anderson make a non-garbage time sack. I know he can't stop the run so he's not in there except on obvious passing downs, but I'd like to see him make an impact before the game is over.

Still though, I say it's a good pickup.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quietly... Mark Anderson is on pace... : :) bet you wouldnt. havent been able to key in on plyers so much. they usually are on when im training at the gym on sat (so im watching but not every play closely). who ya got for a front 7 pass rusher if we went that way (any early favorites)?
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

Cam Johnson and Courtney Upshaw. I see them both as guys who could stand or play 43 END, if BB wants to mix it up. Both are from programs BB is familiar with (Cavs and Tide), and work for coaches that he trusts (Groh and Saban).

Anyone you thought about? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]I'd like to see Anderson make a non-garbage time sack. I know he can't stop the run so he's not in there except on obvious passing downs, but I'd like to see him make an impact before the game is over. Still though, I say it's a good pickup.
    Posted by kevin13130[/QUOTE]

He did. Today. 

He was also in on a rush/hit where Sanchez threw that ball away in one of the second half three and outs .... the one where Wilfork was chugging at Sanchez like a freight train about to come off its tracks. 

Like others have noted ... he is relentless ... the sacks will start to come more often as the DB corps gels, and AH gets his legs under him. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quietly... Mark Anderson is on pace... : Does he play well consistently? I noticed him penetrate well during the early part of their game aganst Miss St. I did not see the whole game and has not seen another LSu game yet, but I put him on my spreadsheet because of that.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

He didn't play much last season, only in spots. Drake Nevis stole the show with a breakout season. He is only a sophomore, so there is at least one more season after this (hopefully) to see him develop. 

But yeah, he is consistent. 

The best defender coming out this season for LSU might be Morris Claiborne, who behind the headlines for Peterson and Mathieu has put a good couple seasons together. He is a great athlete, and fundamentally sound.

I think he has an shot at being a day one selection -- as high as mid round one, as low as bottom round three. If he is hanging around, I would love NE to take a crack at him too. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quietly... Mark Anderson is on pace... : He did. Today.  He was also in on a rush/hit where Sanchez threw that ball away in one of the second half three and outs .... the one where Wilfork was chugging at Sanchez like a freight train about to come off its tracks.  Like others have noted ... he is relentless ... the sacks will start to come more often as the DB corps gels, and AH gets his legs under him. 

Oh, I did not notice that one. I just don't see Anderson on the field much. Who does he replace? Ellis or Carter?

From what we've seen of Anderson, though, he does have the potential to be a good pass rusher.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quietly... Mark Anderson is on pace... : Cam Johnson and Courtney Upshaw. I see them both as guys who could stand or play 43 END, if BB wants to mix it up. Both are from programs BB is familiar with (Cavs and Tide), and work for coaches that he trusts (Groh and Saban). Anyone you thought about? 

z,

courtney upshaw for sure and a dt who may play both 4-3 and 3-4 in the nfl, jerel worthy. i'm hearing cam johnson and jared crick, donte paige moss, and of course, ingram from s. carolina (dude looked like a top nfl back juking future nfl  star db's out of their jocks on a defensive play when he came up with the ball and took it 60 yards or so to the house).
         i mostly catch an sec game a week and highlights. dont have the time to get deep into film currently, though i did for a month or so prior to the draft, noting dowling's skills and calling for for n. e. to draft him on the pre draft thread (if his unjury history checked out not being a concern).
       thanks for your thoughts.
     be nice if bb breaks the pattern of past several years and goes heavy on potential pass rushers who can also ball on d.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quietly... Mark Anderson is on pace... : Waters is the single best pickup the Pats made this offseason ... so far. That includes the draft picks too! I can't believe the Chiefs thought he was gassed. They have basically lost 40 yards rushing per game by losing Waters. NE has gained a bookend Guard to go with Mankins ... I don't know that there is a better run-blocking tandem than them in the NFL, and it shows. 

Waters is definitley a pro, but losing Charles for the season was probably a bigger loss to KC.

Sections
Shortcuts