Quinn has jumped over Tebow on the Broncos depth chart

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

Quinn has jumped over Tebow on the Broncos depth chart

So my question is how long before they drop or trade him? I can't believe that they'll keep a third string backup QB that they obviuously have little faith in at first round draft pick money.

Also, to make this relevant to this forum... I don't think there is any way that we would ever trade for him, but if he was cut is there a role for him (NOT QB) on the Pats? Convert him to a WR, TE or RB maybe?

I know BB and Brady like him from when they hung out prior to the draft, so it seem like the chance would be better than zero.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

Re: Quinn has jumped over Tebow on the Broncos depth chart

The fins need  a QB hahaha tebow loves FL anyways.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

If the Broncos thought he could be a WR, TE or RB they would've converted him to one. It's clear that he doesn't want to change position or he can't translate well, either way, we're stacked at WR, TE, RB AND QB.

Say no to Tebow. =)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Tebow will end up in Jax

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

All they said was they were bringing in Quinn as the 2nd QB for the NEXT EXHIBITION GAME.  Just like the Pats brought Mallet in 2nd in the Tampa game and Hoyer is still the backup.  They just want to get a look at Quinn either to see if they want to keep him or showcases him for anyone interested.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

There's only one way to use Tebow, and that's on an offensive sub-package.  He should only come in on third and 1, on second and goal from the 2.  In those situations he's murder because he's an extra running back in addition to being a dink and dunk QB.  More important, the frequent change of quarterbacks murders defenses because they have to rethink everything for one play, then the other guy comes in, the thunder and lightning routine done with quarterbacks.  It messes with any defense's minds and then somebody or other makes a small mistake. 

The other strange formation would be Brady and Tebow next to each other in the shotgun.  It removes one wide receiver from the field, but defenses would have to figure out in about 2 milliseconds who gets the football and what the play tree is then going to look like.  If Tebow gets it, does the backfield still have to double cover Wes Welker, or can they help to stack the line?  Is Brady then a wide receiver or a decoy.  If Brady swings out on the side and Tebow laterals it to a wide open Brady, the defense would take a hot.  If the opponent stacks the line a bit early, Brady slaps his hip, gets the snap himself and zings the football straight out to a wide open receiver.

If Denver would prefer to kick Tebow out the door for maybe a conditional sixth round pick, if I were BB I'd pick him up and try him in that situational role.  Tebow is the right guy drafted in way the wrong round.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Who cares-this is a Pats message board. What do we care what the Broncos are doing! Can't wait for the season to start so these posts will no longer appear-you must have alot of time on your hands-Get a second job or something!     In Response to Quinn has jumped over Tebow on the Broncos depth chart:
    [QUOTE]So my question is how long before they drop or trade him? I can't believe that they'll keep a third string backup QB that they obviuously have little faith in at first round draft pick money. Also, to make this relevant to this forum... I don't think there is any way that we would ever trade for him, but if he was cut is there a role for him (NOT QB) on the Pats? Convert him to a WR, TE or RB maybe? I know BB and Brady like him from when they hung out prior to the draft, so it seem like the chance would be better than zero.
    Posted by timesedge[/QUOTE]