Quit trying to re-live 2007!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Quit trying to re-live 2007!!

After yesterday's game, I couldn't beleive the number of posters who still doubt the Pats and categorize their win yesterday as being all lucky!  The Bolts "gave the game away!".  Come on... get all your collective heads out of the 2007 season and quit wishing the Pats would blowout EVERY opponent they play this year.  The games we are seeing are very typical of what we lived with from the 2001 to the 2004 SB winning teams.  Games, for the most part, were touch and go, the "no name" D holding the other team down while the O, with a group of "no name" receivers, scored just enough to win the game.  NO ONE back then wanted (or even posted) that the Pats were lucky to win and should give the W back!  I just wish we had those memory eraser devices from Men in Black and flash it at every fan to forget 2007.  Each season is different, stop reliving the past and enjoy the present.  5 - 1, with wins on the road against Miami and SD, games many in the pre-season thought the Pats would lose, is ahead of what most thought the Pats would be at right now.  If you want to have a reason to complain, be a Bills fan!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Quit trying to re-live 2007!!

God for bid this team grinds out win's opposed to blowing teams out....

5-1, I'll take them anyway I can.  Glad to be a Pat's fan, yet once again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Its hard to ask much more than what we have gotten for the first 6 games of this Patriots' season. U have to feel good right now.

5-1 in a rebuilding year. that is amazing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

What's funny is that when we snuck by Buffalo, people thought the team had taken a step back. When we beat Baltimore, people thought we snuck one out and got lucky. What are they saying about Baltimore sneaking by Buffalo?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Forget about 2007. That season was unbelivable and will never happen again. The offense looked  better even in 2008 with Cassel than it does  now. They started to really click after a few games and became unstoppable. They had long sustained drives in 2008.    Our offense has looked out of sync the whole year it seems, they never seem to be able to put a complete game together. I hope what we saw yesterday doesnt become the typical Patriots offensee. 

Pats had all their possessions and plus 4 more because of Charger turnovers. It was a miracle we didnt lose the game. This was almost a repeat of the Colts game last year. 

What was the offense thinking trying to run outside on 4 and 2! They cant come up with a quick pass, or at least try to run it inside.

Brady is not playing as well as we had expected he would.  It is dissapointing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

what happened in 2007? we didn't win a sb that year, did we?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

What the @##$#$ are you talking about? Did you watch the game?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In Response to Re: Quit trying to re-live 2007!!:
    [QUOTE]What the @##$#$ are you talking about? Did you watch the game?
    Posted by Macrawn[/QUOTE]

I'm sure most of us here did watch the game.  SD has crazy numbers for it's defense and offense but there's a reason why they are losing.  Turnovers and mental mistakes.  Guess what happened?  If the Bolts don't fix it they will continue to lose just like they did against the Pats and others. 

At the beginning of the season most folks were looking at a 10, 11 win season.  I think most posted or predicted a loss going to SD which is understandable given the youth on the team.  Although it wasn't pretty the Pats came out with a win, a road win which was a big concern going into the season. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

FishTaco...   so, you are essentially saying the Pats aren't scoring "style" points with their wins and thereby they are diminished wins.  I think there are a lot of fans out there who would love their team to be 5 - 1 and not cry about how the wins are happening.  We've got an awfully spoiled fan base out there.  If the wins keep coming, no matter how stylish, I do not think it will matter to anyone how the wins came about as long as they keep coming!

I can see it now...   "Pats win SB45.. but Patriots fans decry a number of ugly wins and want to give the trophy back!"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I know the Pats have passed my expectations for the first 6 games of the season. This young defense will only get better with experience and the offense will find their groove before the season is done. Just like 2001-2006 those teams found ways to win the close ones, and many games weren't pretty.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]I know the Pats have passed my expectations for the first 6 games of the season. This young defense will only get better with experience and the offense will find their groove before the season is done. Just like 2001-2006 those teams found ways to win the close ones, and many games weren't pretty.
    Posted by Wizardsjag[/QUOTE]

Like I said..  why are so many concerned with an "ugly" win? Especially when so many really didn't expect the Pats to win this game once it was on the schedule!  They led comfortably throughout the game, the 4th quarter was a nail biter and then we get all this "ugly" win posting c**p!  I wonder how many would give a SB trophy back if the Pats won a SB like yesterday's game?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Actually the happiest person in the end might be Belichick. Not only does if get the win, but has a good reason to get after his team this week in closing out games. When you have young players a game like this becomes a excellent teaching point.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]Haven't won it yet this year either..... My problems isn't with the close score, it's with the blown opportunites in the game. It SHOULD have been a blowout the way the Chargers played. ThePats will bounce back from it, it was a tough road game against a desperate team and they got out with a victory. Everything else is secondary.
    Posted by FishTaco64[/QUOTE]

This is where I think we need to give the Chargers credit. They may be a bad team right now but it's not because they aren't talented. NE didn't capitalize on their turnovers because they couldn't move the ball on SD's defense.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

We earned our 5-1 record. No one gave us anything, but our offense suks!!! BAD!!! I thought it was just the Ravens D, but they just suk. Where the hell is Wes Welker? Dude disappeared! He's not being doubled, no one is getting doubled. Does he miss Randy or what? Tate is a no show, Aaron and Gronk are freaks, but the rest of the offense is lost. O'brien is lost! 

The offense stunk in Miami, stunk against the Ravens and stunk against the Chargers. Let's see how they do against the Vikings, but if they stink I'm sure everyone will say The Vikings have a dominant defense. Wake up people, there is a difference between getting dominated by a good defense and just looking completely lost out there. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]This is where I think we need to give the Chargers credit. They may be a bad team right now but it's not because they aren't talented. NE didn't capitalize on their turnovers because they couldn't move the ball on SD's defense.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

That's because our offense suks!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]We earned our 5-1 record. No one gave us anything, but our offense suks!!! BAD!!! I thought it was just the Ravens D, but they just suk. Where the hell is Wes Welker? Dude disappeared! He's not being doubled, no one is getting doubled. Does he miss Randy or what? Tate is a no show, Aaron and Gronk are freaks, but the rest of the offense is lost. O'brien is lost!  The offense stunk in Miami, stunk against the Ravens and stunk against the Chargers. Let's see how they do against the Vikings, but if they stink I'm sure everyone will say The Vikings have a dominant defense. Wake up people, there is a difference between getting dominated by a good defense and just looking completely lost out there. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Actually our offense has done better against its opponents than any other offense in the league:  http://www.footballoutsiders.com/

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

i'm trying to re-live 2003. I'm hoping next year is 2004, Mark Ingram at RB (or someone else capable of giving us Dillon's 1600 yards) ....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quit trying to re-live 2007!! : That's because our offense suks!
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Good enough for a 5-1 record! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quit trying to re-live 2007!! : Good enough for a 5-1 record! 
    Posted by Grogan77[/QUOTE]

The offense was good for the Cinncy and Buffalo, played well against the Jets in the first half, stunk against the Jets in the second half (Moss got the blame).

Awful in Miami, but our STs and defense came to play. Stunk for the majority of the Ravens game, but came alive in the fourth, defense had to stall until the offense finally decided to make a play. Was down right awful against the Chargers, but the defense held off the Chargers for as long as they could until the Chargers played better. 

Our defense has been a B- all year. Our offenses has been a C. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"That's because our offense suks!"

I don't think you understand the NFL very well. Our defense total points allowed is 22.7 points per game so far, putting us about 23rd out of 32 teams. Maybe not a B- then. Grading on the curve it would be a C somewhere - though with lots of young talent and promise for the future.

Our points scored, meanwhile, is 29.5, good enough for #1 in the league. Grading on the curve I'd say that's an A. 

I think you may have also overlooked the value of having one of the NFLs best quarterbacks - essential for advancement in the postseason.

Bottom line is that you don't enjoy watching our offense because it doesn't excite you, so you are applying your own grading system that is totally divorced from reality.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]" That's because our offense suks!" I don't think you understand the NFL very well. Our defense total points allowed is 22.7 points per game so far, putting us about 23rd out of 32 teams. Maybe not a B- then. Grading on the curve it would be a C somewhere - though with lots of young talent and promise for the future. Our points scored, meanwhile, is 29.5, good enough for #1 in the league. Grading on the curve I'd say that's an A.  I think you may have also overlooked the value of having one of the NFLs best quarterbacks - essential for advancement in the postseason. Bottom line is that you don't enjoy watching our offense because it doesn't excite you, so you are applying your own grading system that is totally divorced from reality.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

If I could suk my teeth any harder I would, but you still wouldn't hear it off in fantasy land. Stats lie. We're 25th in TOP on offense. Why? It's because we get off the field really fast. We're 19th in the league in yards a game, why? It's because the offense usually has a short field to work with. The offense doesn't help the D at all. And don't try to give me crude about the defense being the reason our TOP is so low because they can't get off the field. We're a 5-1 team, that means that the opposing teams usually has to play catch up. Why in the hell would they want to take their time to score when they are behind? 

That being said, I'm on the offense's case because of their play the past three weeks. Maybe Mighty is right, maybe they've just been shut down by really good defenses but the Vikings defense is not dominant. If they have a good game I must have overreacted. If they stink, something's rotten in Denmark. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreLurker. Show SShoreLurker's posts

Have all of you gone flippin' mad??!!

The Patriots are 5-1. Correct.  So what!  It doesn't mean anything other than a great opportunity to own their own destiny come December.  Thats it! 

1999 Patriots started 6-2, ended 8-8.
    2001 Patriots started 5-5 and won the Super Bowl.

Be happy. Be encouraged. But be SMART!  Its far from over.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quit trying to re-live 2007!! : Like I said..  why are so many concerned with an "ugly" win? Especially when so many really didn't expect the Pats to win this game once it was on the schedule!  They led comfortably throughout the game, the 4th quarter was a nail biter and then we get all this "ugly" win posting c**p!  I wonder how many would give a SB trophy back if the Pats won a SB like yesterday's game?
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

dunno, even when we were winning ugly games in 2001, 2003 and 2004...we still called them ugly wins when the pats won those kinds of games

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gianfran. Show gianfran's posts

[QUOTE]This is where I think we need to give the Chargers credit. They may be a bad team right now but it's not because they aren't talented. NE didn't capitalize on their turnovers because they couldn't move the ball on SD's defense.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts