Quite Frankly, barring the miracles, this Pats team should be on a 5 game losing streak.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Quite Frankly, barring the miracles, this Pats team should be on a 5 game losing streak.

It has been a rough stretch for our beloved Patriots. The truth is barring miracle comeabacks against the Broncos, Browns, and to a lesser extent the Texans we are on a 5 game losing streak. I guess the injuries are just to much to overcome. I do appreciate the fight in these guys though!

11/18 Panthers 24- Pats 20

11/24 Pats 34- Denver 31

12/01 Pats 34- Texans 31

12/08 Pats 27- Browns 26

12/15 Miami 24 Pats 20

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Re: Quite Frankly, barring the miracles, this Pats team should be on a 5 game losing streak.

D doesn't turn get turnovers like they used to

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Re: Quite Frankly, barring the miracles, this Pats team should be on a 5 game losing streak.

I don't like the thoughts of this thread.

Just after last weeks game many here said the team could be better without Gronk.  Super Bowl talk was still very high.

We lose to the Dolphins and now people finally realize we just aren't very good.

Defense sucks.

Not enough weapons on offense.

We won't win the AFC this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

These injuries with any other coach and QB and we'd be jostling for a top 5 draft pick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to carawaydj's comment:

These injuries with any other coach and QB and we'd be jostling for a top 5 draft pick.

Correct. 

But that doesn't take away from the fact that we just aren't very good right now. 

Not sure why some here have a problem admitting that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

It has been a rough stretch for our beloved Patriots. The truth is barring miracle comeabacks against the Broncos, Browns, and to a lesser extent the Texans we are on a 5 game losing streak. I guess the injuries are just to much to overcome. I do appreciate the fight in these guys though!

11/24 Pats 34- Denver 31

12/01 Pats 34- Texans 31

12/08 Pats 27- Browns 26

12/15 Miami 24 Pats 20

the last two games wont be easy either. not the way they are playing. ten wins will get them in the playoffs. miami will probably beat the jets and buffalo and end up with ten wins as well. the patriots have fought hard but between the injuries and some failed draft picks they dont have a team that wins the afc this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:

11/24 Pats 34- Denver 31

12/01 Pats 34- Texans 31

12/08 Pats 27- Browns 26

12/15 Miami 24 Pats 20

the last two games wont be easy either. not the way they are playing. ten wins will get them in the playoffs. miami will probably beat the jets and buffalo and end up with ten wins as well. the patriots have fought hard but between the injuries and some failed draft picks they dont have a team that wins the afc this year.

Sadly I think your right. I would like to see us win out and put up a respectable showing in the playoffs, but I just cant see us beating the good playoff teams.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:

11/24 Pats 34- Denver 31

12/01 Pats 34- Texans 31

12/08 Pats 27- Browns 26

12/15 Miami 24 Pats 20

Sadly I think your right. I would like to see us win out and put up a respectable showing in the playoffs, but I just cant see us beating the good playoff teams.

Which ones would those be? Every single playoff team in the AFC is flawed.  I will say i can't see them beating a Seattle/SF/Car

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

They don't have enough good players.

But - if they get some bounces and turnovers they could still make a run.  They just can't line up and win because they lack talent.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Which ones would those be? Every single playoff team in the AFC is flawed.  I will say i can't see them beating a Seattle/SF/Car

Yes they are all flawed but I cant see us stopping Denver, KC, Cincinatti, or Baltimore (they just seem ot have our number). And certainly not any NFC Team.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Yes they are all flawed but I cant see us stopping Denver, KC, Cincinatti, or Baltimore (they just seem ot have our number). And certainly not any NFC Team.

• Denver can't stop anyone either, KC doesn't beat good teams they beat 2 teams with winning records Dall and Philly, Cincy is poorly coached and will not win in the playoffs and as far as balt is concerned we shall see who they are next sunday night.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

There is no clear cut favorite in the AFC period.....they are all beatable. Yseterday exposed two areas of weakness due to injuries.....redzone offense, and a defense that can't make stops when needed.

All of these injuries had to catch up with us at some point, but losing Gronk might be the straw that breaks the camel's back. 1 for 4 in the redzone ain't going to cut it.

The long 3rd downs given up yesterday were brutal. Although the defense had some moments yesterday and made some decent stops....it failed when it needed to shine in the 4th quarter.

With the AFC as weak as it is this year, I don't think there are many teams that will be able to beat a Seattle or SF in the superbowl.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

+1, if not for halftime adjustments in a number of games and great performances from a QB throwing to essentially 3rd receivers on most teams this year this team would be in a fight for a wild card spot right now at best. Bad drafting and FA pickups have done a number to this teams depth, which use to be the strength of the team kind of like the DT position

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Thats funny, I was just thinking that without 2 terrible blown calls in the jets( hands on the back of your own player lol) and panthers games(mugging of gronk in endzone)  we would be 12-2 right now with the all injured team. 

I guess it's all in your perspective. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4047318. Show user_4047318's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

Correct. 

But that doesn't take away from the fact that we just aren't very good right now. 

The offense needs Dobson and Thompkins back.....Boyce and Collie just don't have enough experience working with TB.  The loss of Gronk added to the absence of these two experienced receivers was a lot to adjust to...... TB and company did a great job considering.  The D line and linbackers have been decimated and the secondary is beat up.  As healing and experience working together progress under BBs guidance, I'm confidant that the overall D will improve significantly.  Prediction... Pats beat te Ravens in Baltimore.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from saskpatsfan. Show saskpatsfan's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Thats funny, I was just thinking that without 2 terrible blown calls in the jets( hands on the back of your own player lol) and panthers games(mugging of gronk in endzone)  we would be 12-2 right now with the all injured team. 

I guess it's all in your perspective. 

This. This right here. I like this post. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

11/24 Pats 34- Denver 31

12/01 Pats 34- Texans 31

12/08 Pats 27- Browns 26

12/15 Miami 24 Pats 20

Quagmire, I know what you are saying but by that logic, the Patriots could have been 5-0 just as easily as 0-5. All the games were that close. The Panthers game would have been won if PI had been properly called at the end of the game.

I think the single biggest issue for the team in Gronk's absence is Red Zone Conversion. It was a problem before Gronk got back and was a big issue in the Miami game. We were 1 for 4 in efficiency. No team can win that kind of conversion rate when we get that close. The brain trust has to think about creative play-calling in this area. Once we get Cannon back full-speed, we can get Develin and Hooman to help create holes for Ridley and Blount.

The Patriots beat the Dolphins in every other phase of the game, except for red zone conversion rate. 1st downs, passing yards, rushing yards, 3rd down conversion, time of possession, and so on and so forth.

We will learn a lot more about this team next week against the Ravens, who have a top-notch defense and play long-ball on offense. If they beat them, it will be because they have solved the red zone issue.

Against Miami, the defense played OK overall, offense played well, actually, for the whole game (which was a departure from the last three games), and the special team play was good, as usual. Let's not jump off tall buildings quite yet.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to neinmd's comment:

11/24 Pats 34- Denver 31

12/01 Pats 34- Texans 31

12/08 Pats 27- Browns 26

12/15 Miami 24 Pats 20

Quagmire, I know what you are saying but by that logic, the Patriots could have been 5-0 just as easily as 0-5. All the games were that close. The Panthers game would have been won if PI had been properly called at the end of the game.

I think the single biggest issue for the team in Gronk's absence is Red Zone Conversion. It was a problem before Gronk got back and was a big issue in the Miami game. We were 1 for 4 in efficiency. No team can win that kind of conversion rate when we get that close. The brain trust has to think about creative play-calling in this area. Once we get Cannon back full-speed, we can get Develin and Hooman to help create holes for Ridley and Blount.

The Patriots beat the Dolphins in every other phase of the game, except for red zone conversion rate. 1st downs, passing yards, rushing yards, 3rd down conversion, time of possession, and so on and so forth.

We will learn a lot more about this team next week against the Ravens, who have a top-notch defense and play long-ball on offense. If they beat them, it will be because they have solved the red zone issue.

Against Miami, the defense played OK overall, offense played well, actually, for the whole game (which was a departure from the last three games), and the special team play was good, as usual. Let's not jump off tall buildings quite yet.

Defense played well overall??? They gave up TD drives to end both halfs.....

• You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

11/24 Pats 34- Denver 31

12/01 Pats 34- Texans 31

12/08 Pats 27- Browns 26

12/15 Miami 24 Pats 20

What this stretch has shown is this..  The offense is being relied upon TOO much to bail out a defense that just does not appear to be able to hold its own when called upon.  Yes, there are injuries, but, somewhere in that lineup, players need to step up. 

I must also add...  there have been untimely, critical, mistakes made by the team to give life to their opponent.  The KO blunder by Ghost to give the Doplhins the ball at their 40 to start a drive may have been the biggest one yesterday compounded by the failure of the D to stop the Dolphins on that drive when it was 3rd and 17.  No one knows what that extra 20 yards would have meant to the game.  For example, after giving up that 11 yard play on the 3rd and 17 down, if the Dolphins had 4th and 6 on their 30 versus midfield, would they have gone for it?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Great HC + Great QB + Mediocre Team with many injuries = 5% chance to win it all.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

really?

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

Correct. 

one does because he think Bellichick is Jesus

Denver can't stop anyone either, KC doesn't beat good teams they beat 2 teams with winning records Dall and Philly, Cincy is poorly coached and will not win in the playoffs and as far as balt is concerned we shall see who they are next sunday night.

• oh boy... (EYE ROLL)

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

So Brady hoists the mediocre work of the GM on his back and makes something out of, not much. This is the same old same old, but even worse.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

we could be jets fans.................

• Sections
    Shortcuts